• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Fair question, ie what’s the draw. Personally, I like the look of the Integra better than my 10th Gen Si. I’ve also wanted a hatchback Si ever since selling my 99 Prelude. I’m sold on an Integra.

That being said, it’s going to cost me $45k CDN before taxes to get that Si hatchback and power train is going to be very much the same as what I have. So I’d say the draw is yolo and since I’ve got my head in the noose I might as well jump off the horse.

I’ve only owned 4 cars in my 50ish years here so I’d like to try that 2.0T in a nicer looking, more attainable and more tolerable version of the CTR. I’m out if no MT. There’s a chance I’ll only keep it a few years and move on but there’s also a chance I’ll keep it a long time while I hold onto one of the last great ICE vehicles Honda ever makes. Time will tell… I do know I can’t decide without driving one and I suspect that’ll be hard to do without buying one.
Fair point. I went through very similar calculus, but from a different starting point - the Honda Civic Sport Touring. The ADM dealers are throwing on top of Civics around here make them close enough to an Integra at MSRP that getting what is basically a CST with an LSD and a bit more oomph was a no brainer. I still like the look of the Civic hatchback better, but the Integra is growing on me.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Fair point. I went through very similar calculus, but from a different starting point - the Honda Civic Sport Touring. The ADM dealers are throwing on top of Civics around here make them close enough to an Integra at MSRP that getting what is basically a CST with an LSD and a bit more oomph was a no brainer. I still like the look of the Civic hatchback better, but the Integra is growing on me.
Tbh, I think I’d rather an Si hatch than an Integra. The new hatch looks great and the size is perfect. The Integra has thousands in features I don’t care about and is just bigger/heavier enough to take some of the fun out of it.

However, an Si hatch, in Canada at least bc of our features, would make the Integra pointless at its price relative to the Si, ie $42k vs $34k before pdi and tax.

When Honda forced me to choose between fun and storage I went for fun, because that I can enjoy daily but the extra storage not so much. Now they’re giving me a choice but they’re forcing me up the pricing ladder, like many other businesses these days … because they can.

IronJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec MT
LOL Integra is an inch wider (front fenders) an in longer (front number) and 100lbs heavier (it’s a hatchback). Kid yourself as much as you want, they drive basically the same. They also move at the same exact speed and are both slow by today’s standards.

Civics Go for 5k above MSRP and lack A LOT of features, especially here in US. And it’s still a civic

Last edited:

PeanutEOD

First Name
Peanut
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shopping
LOL Integra is an inch wider (front fenders) an in longer (front number) and 100lbs heavier (it’s a hatchback). Kid yourself as much as you want, they drive basically the same. They also move at the same exact speed and are both slow by today’s standards.

Civics Go for 5k above MSRP and lack A LOT of features, especially here in US. And it’s still a civic
This.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Perhaps, but that really isn't a very enlightening post. The differences in size and weight are so tiny as to be insignificant, and therefore it's no shock that they both drive the same. Oh, and the Integra, despite it's name is also just a Civic.

The only way to get the Si drivetrain in a hatchback is to get the Integra. If you want even less power and poorer handling you can get a Civic Sport Touring, which is 20 hp down on the Integra/SI and doesn't have the LSD, but is slightly better appointed than the Integra ASpec Tech - it comes with all the farkles the Integra does and adds navigation and a Homelink rear-view mirror.

PeanutEOD

First Name
Peanut
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shopping
Perhaps, but that really isn't a very enlightening post. The differences in size and weight are so tiny as to be insignificant, and therefore it's no shock that they both drive the same. Oh, and the Integra, despite it's name is also just a Civic.

The only way to get the Si drivetrain in a hatchback is to get the Integra. If you want even less power and poorer handling you can get a Civic Sport Touring, which is 20 hp down on the Integra/SI and doesn't have the LSD, but is slightly better appointed than the Integra ASpec Tech - it comes with all the farkles the Integra does and adds navigation and a Homelink rear-view mirror.
I agree. I love the Integra. I was originally set on the Civic Si until I went and looked at the Integra in person. Then I drove the Integra, and the only way I would now buy a Civic is at MSRP which we all know is not gonna happen.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Was comparing to my 10th Gen Si. I definitely noticed the weight at least… not sure on the measurements but felt a bit bigger than the 10th Gen Si.

I’ll get an Integra because I want a hatch and the additional power, but in Canada it’s not a great value. We don’t have the ADM or missing features issues you guys do on the Civics. It’s over $7k more for the Integra here.

In the US the Integra is a much better value than it is here when compared to a Civic Si.

IronJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec MT
I see 10 civics on my way to work every single morning… and I see 0 Integra . Yeah I know I work from home but still see 10 civics lol

Integras are a lot more than Civics… like HUD, fog lights (yeah, stupid fog lights absent from a 35k SI), adaptive dampers, dual climate (really Honda), lights in mirrors, Acuralink remote for 36 months, 12 way electric seats with memory, 10 more HP (based on real dyno numbers), nice digital cluster, hatchback and a Acura key fob. The Integra is also arguably nicer but that’s only me saying

YouTubers and “journalists” will make you believe the Civic is much more agile, lighter and somewhat magically faster. It’s not. Both drive the same exact way (when Integra in Sport mode) and you can’t find and Si for MSRP

36k Integra is a MUCH better value than a 36k Civic Si. They are still both slow af… Period

An Integra A-Spec is NOT a 1998 Integra Type-R successor. Hopefully we’ll have a Type-S for that. Even if we get a Type-S, I truly hope it won’t be just a Type-R with a sunroof!

Last edited:

IronJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec MT
Was comparing to my 10th Gen Si. I definitely noticed the weight at least… not sure on the measurements but felt a bit bigger than the 10th Gen Si.

I’ll get an Integra because I want a hatch and the additional power, but in Canada it’s not a great value. We don’t have the ADM or missing features issues you guys do on the Civics. It’s over $7k more for the Integra here.

In the US the Integra is a much better value than it is here when compared to a Civic Si.
You still have bunch of missing features up there, you and most YouTubers just don’t know it

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You still have bunch of missing features up there, you and most YouTubers just don’t know it
The 11th gen Si is missing features you mean? My comment was about the US having things like no heated seats/wheel, etc. For that reason, and ADM, the Integra there is an easy decision.

Here, heated steering/seats, parking sensors, wireless charging, wireless CarPlay, blind spot monitoring, turn signals in mirrors, full digital MID, individual mode all come on the Si. Yep individual mode isn’t identical and they removed active dampers and I’d rather have them but not a big deal. That Si, in a hatch with same current Si price, is a much better value than the Integra here.

What missing features on the Si here do I and most YouTubers not know about?

IronJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec MT
12 ways power seats with memory, much better sound system, Acuralink Remote, HUD and the Si ain’t a hatch. It also sells for the same price as an Integra here, not sure about up there.

I’d agree that a Canadian Si at MSRP would be a good value, just doesn’t apply to most reading this and you can’t get one at MSRP

Type-S

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
I hope the Type-S is very similar to the CTR with a better suspension for the daily driver. 🙂
I see 10 civics on my way to work every single morning… and I see 0 Integra . Yeah I know I work from home but still see 10 civics lol

Integras are a lot more than Civics… like HUD, fog lights (yeah, stupid fog lights absent from a 35k SI), adaptive dampers, dual climate (really Honda), lights in mirrors, Acuralink remote for 36 months, 12 way electric seats with memory, 10 more HP (based on real dyno numbers), nice digital cluster, hatchback and a Acura key fob. The Integra is also arguably nicer but that’s only me saying

YouTubers and “journalists” will make you believe the Civic is much more agile, lighter and somewhat magically faster. It’s not. Both drive the same exact way (when Integra in Sport mode) and you can’t find and Si for MSRP

36k Integra is a MUCH better value than a 36k Civic Si. They are still both slow af… Period

An Integra A-Spec is NOT a 1998 Integra Type-R successor. Hopefully we’ll have a Type-S for that. Even if we get a Type-S, I truly hope it won’t be just a Type-R with a sunroof!

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
12 ways power seats with memory, much better sound system, Acuralink Remote, HUD and the Si ain’t a hatch. It also sells for the same price as an Integra here, not sure about up there.

I’d agree that a Canadian Si at MSRP would be a good value, just doesn’t apply to most reading this and you can’t get one at MSRP
When I said missing features I meant Canadian Si vs US Si. Ours has a decent set of features, but the US version isn’t a car I’d consider because of what Honda left out.. the ADM issues just salt the wound.

The missing features that the Integras has over the Si is a different story. The features you mention are “nice to haves” but I wouldn’t say they’re missing on the Si. Power seats /HUD/Acuralink don’t interest me, and the Si Bose stereo is fine. Yes the ELS is definitely better but I wouldn’t miss it much… not like heated seats.

We don’t seem to have ADM issues here. We might have legislation preventing it. Maybe I’m wrong but haven’t heard of anyone running into them.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt