• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Accessories: to choose or not to choose?

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
My Apex Blue Orchid White A-Spec with Tech/Manual "baby" will finally arrive at the dealership sometime next week - and I am torn between which accessories to purchase. Carpets: Premium Carpet Floor Mats or All-Season Floor Mats? Which three of the following four creates the best protection package: All-Season Floor Mats, Trunk Tray, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks? Finally, the bottom-line question: please tell me which accessories you think are "must haves" - assuming that I have a choice! THANKS in advance for taking the time to access/assist me!

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
I only got one accessory installed before taking delivery of mine and that was the illuminated door sills. They just really pop and are excellent at night. In my opinion, a must have. Won't be disappointed

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I only got one accessory installed before taking delivery of mine and that was the illuminated door sills. They just really pop and are excellent at night. In my opinion, a must have. Won't be disappointed
I can see the light - watt a bright idea! You opened the door/my eyes to at least one “must have”! Thanks SuperCyan!
I would greatly appreciate it if others shed some light on my inquiries as well - thanks in advance!

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'd get all-season mats, but wouldn't spring for the OEM Acura mats if you're indifferent about them saying Integra/A-Spec--Weathertech and TuxMats both make great liners that'll offer you more complete protection. The OEM trunk liner and seatback protectors are worth getting from the dealership, in my opinion.

If you like the Black Acura logo badges, have the dealership install the front badge (lighted or unlighted, whichever you prefer) because the front bumper needs to be removed to access. Anyone with dental floss and 15 minutes can replace the back badge. The lighted accessories (door sill trim, door projectors) are going to be tougher for a DIY install, so if you're into any of those, have the dealer install them.

solman

First Name
Sol
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASPEC 6MT TECH, 2011 Ford F250
I generally get the following items for all my cars. I feel that these help protect the vehicle .
Weel locks
All weather mats
Trunk liner
splash guards
Some of the dealers are offering some or all of these as a mandatory protection package but at least they have value as opposed to dealer price markup.

Tork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic ST, 22 Accord Sport Hybrid, 16 Mazda 6
I like the all season mats, BUT on Honda/Acura they are cut out and offer no protection around the accelerator pedal. Honda's Lawyers might have done that because of all the unintended acceleration law suits from years ago
That is the only reason I went with WeatherTech. I did get the ASpec cargo liner and it is a great item.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RUNN1N, solman and Tork, thank you for shedding some light - thus, assisting me with my accessory choices!

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Splash guards are the only accessory that is a must have, IMO. I'll be getting the Tuxmats and their cargo liner. Hopefully, by the time my car arrives it will be available.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Splash guards are the only accessory that is a must have, IMO. I'll be getting the Tuxmats and their cargo liner. Hopefully, by the time my car arrives it will be available.
Thanks - BKK Jack for chiming in! Looks like splash guards are in my car's future!

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
so far I'm thinking about front and rear black A-Mark emblems and the illuminated door sill trim. I'm not a fan of the look of the splash guards, why do you guys see it as a must have?

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
so far I'm thinking about front and rear black A-Mark emblems and the illuminated door sill trim. I'm not a fan of the look of the splash guards, why do you guys see it as a must have?
Escobar929, thanks for responding and for inquiring about the "must have" why of splash guards - I'd like to know that as well!

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
My Apex Blue Orchid White A-Spec with Tech/Manual "baby" will finally arrive at the dealership sometime next week - and I am torn between which accessories to purchase. Carpets: Premium Carpet Floor Mats or All-Season Floor Mats? Which three of the following four creates the best protection package: All-Season Floor Mats, Trunk Tray, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks? Finally, the bottom-line question: please tell me which accessories you think are "must haves" - assuming that I have a choice! THANKS in advance for taking the time to access/assist me!
it depends on your lifestyle-kids, dogs, camping, live in a city or rural area, climate, etc. If the packages have stuff you don’t need, don’t buy them. You can purchase individual items from PRL motorsports. After owning multiple cars, I have decide to get all season floor mats only after my carpet mats are worn out.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
it depends on your lifestyle-kids, dogs, camping, live in a city or rural area, climate, etc. If the packages have stuff you don’t need, don’t buy them. You can purchase individual items from PRL motorsports. After owning multiple cars, I have decide to get all season floor mats only after my carpet mats are worn out.
Linas19, that all makes perfect sense - thanks for your input!

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Umm, here's my list
Black out badges There's not much chrome on my White A-Spec so I like the change - A colleague said my front end was murdered-out.
Protective film on handles and rear sill.
Splash guards and body side molding. - I'm not very consistent about washing the car, and I think these will protect the appearance/paint.

I don't know what is must-have. A tune is must have for some, and I really like the graph showing the improvements; but I doubt I would ever get that. I like to keep my cars stock, but I consider these to be dealer installed. - Bone-Stock, lol.

Tork

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Civic ST, 22 Accord Sport Hybrid, 16 Mazda 6
It looks like we can only get body colored splash guards here in the states. Meanwhile Canada gets the traditional black splash guards which I like better.