• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
The gauges in Sport+ are an homage to the DC2 Type R. Cool throwback, but it'd be nice to have options.
Why not make the throwback gauge cluster what's displayed in Normal and Sport mode, and then do a more special display for Sport+?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Why not make the throwback gauge cluster what's displayed in Normal and Sport mode, and then do a more special display for Sport+?
Yeah this grinds my gears. They could have put some effort into the display/animation side. They created a whole anime series around this car and the inside just doesn't standout.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Perhaps we're underestimating the aftermarket possibilities here--it doesn't seem implausible to swap or customize software.

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Yeah this grinds my gears. They could have put some effort into the display/animation side. They created a whole anime series around this car and the inside just doesn't standout.
Chiaki with the anime girl peace sign and wink as you start the car up wouldā€™ve been šŸ”„ but seriously not everything had to be ā€˜matureā€™ looking

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Perhaps we're underestimating the aftermarket possibilities here--it doesn't seem implausible to swap or customize software.
Canā€™t wait to see what ppl come up with

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
it is an android headunit. they had a hack for the 10th gen Civic. Hopefully someone comes through and roots this sucker.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
it is an android headunit. they had a hack for the 10th gen Civic. Hopefully someone comes through and roots this sucker.
The headunit is different than the gauge cluster, no?

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
What really gets me in these videos is that they imply Acura came up with all these things that are also in the CTR, and I think they're kind of stuck where it looks bad if they reference the CTR and it also looks bad if they don't.

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
What really gets me in these videos is that they imply Acura came up with all these things that are also in the CTR, and I think they're kind of stuck where it looks bad if they reference the CTR and it also looks bad if they don't.
Partially agree, but I partially think the wording may be more geared towards a comparison with the base Integra. From that POV, they did indeed "remove" the sunroof+center seat for weight savings, as well as implement a more "sportier" digital gauge.

It really depends who's watching. For me, coming from a 6MT Integra, it's the latter, as I never intended to get a CTR anyways, so the deletes make some sort of justifiable sense.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The headunit is different than the gauge cluster, no?
10th gen hack also unlocked instrument panel features such as navigation being displayed on it.

I'm more interested in getting the system monitoring features for temps and such on the head unit like the CTR has.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I guess this is the best we can hope for short of journalist reviews. Not bad, all things considered. Especially the fact that people truly interested in the car are starved for any content right now. More or less confirms that if you need a moonroof and a middle seat, this car just isn't for you. And I can live with that, personally...

In any case I've more or less decided I'm not going to actively look for one until late summer/fall anyway so I can wait. I'm beginning to take the mindset that if I wait until winter/early spring they'll be readily available. Probably along with the CTR... they'll probably make this car for at least what, 3-5 years or so?

It wouldn't surprise me if this thing was a bit rushed to market to take advantage of the still batshit crazy new car market. I've said it since I joined this forum- it's not like it's a secret what people are actually paying for CTRs. There's even a few anecdotes from folks on the CivicXI boards where trade in offers have exceeded $55k. That's insane. And Acura would be fools if they didn't at least try to keep that cash in their pockets, not the dealers'.

I think the market is already cooling on the CTR too. Sure, dealers are going to start at $15k over when people call, but once you get further down the buying process they seem ready to drop that pretty quickly to get a deal done. I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to take one of these $15k dealers down to $5k with approved financing or cash.

Also the insane used market is proving to be actually insane. I actually kept my eye on a couple used CTRs sort of near me in case I wanted to drive one- not a great chance a dealer would let you drive a new one, but used with a handful of miles is probably fair game. Both these cars asking prices were north of $60k, one was nearly $62k. I started asking in early April, and the cars are still there. They've only dropped the price a couple grand, both are hovering near $58k now... and I think they may stay there for a while because as noted earlier, these dealers probably paid at or close to $55k for them and they're just waiting for some sucker to take the bait.

Extrapolate that over the next 6-8 months as the economy continues to scare the shit out of everyone? It's easy to start believing that dealers will be lucky to sell new cars at all, let alone asking offensive ADMs.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
It wouldn't surprise me if this thing was a bit rushed to market to take advantage of the still batshit crazy new car market.
This is why I think a few of the features might be added back in future years, like the memory seats and the rear USB ports. Those are extremely cheap to implement, I bet they were left out due to supply chain issues.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
The supply chain argument doesnā€™t make sense to me. The ITS is a relatively low volume trim compared to A-Spec Tech. Surely they could spare a few parts?

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
The supply chain argument doesnā€™t make sense to me. The ITS is a relatively low volume trim compared to A-Spec Tech. Surely they could spare a few parts?
I bet supply chain planning happens multiple years in advance, so contracts for the components for the A-spec were set a long time ago. They can't just reassign components to the Type S.