• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Its essentially a gimmick imo. Least to me, take me not even a fraction of a sec to check the speed. Integra implementation feels like box checking.

if you're gonna do a Hud, do it right.

1682012586874.png
True. That would be neat

ChiroCale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
Its essentially a gimmick imo. Least to me, take me not even a fraction of a sec to check the speed. Integra implementation feels like box checking.

if you're gonna do a Hud, do it right.

1682012586874.png
That would be amazing!

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
they looks like I'd fall out of them in regular back road driving, completely contradictory to its chassis.
More hyperbole. Do you fall out of your GTI seats? Visually they don't look too different to my eyes. Maybe an inch or two in the side bolsters but that could just be an optical illusion because of the sharp angle on the GTI seats.

1682016573978.png

1682016585649.png

Before you ask, no I haven't sat in either seat. Unless you just flew back in from Long Beach, I kind of doubt you've sat in the ITS seats, so I don't see how you can make this assessment until you've sat in them.

While I agree it would be nice to have the amazing seats of the CTR, I understand why they're not doing it. "Make people happy"- funny you say that, because my guess their goal is actually "people" and not "some random VW guy on an Integra forum". They've made it clear this car is not targeted at being the ultimate 4 door track weapon, but it is targeted at street driving. As well as Honda executed on those bucket seats, they're still bucket seats. Not everyone wants that.

If you're driving to the point where you'd "fall out" of your seat, then maybe you should take that shit to the track amirite??

I'll go ahead and add the entitlement of expectation for a $50k car still amazes me. I expect to see this type of complaining on Rennlist. Not here...

Can we start looking at the ITS as its own value proposition, rather than a consolation prize for people who don't want to pay ADM for a CTR? That might clear up some of these complaints.

Last edited:

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
More hyperbole. Do you fall out of your GTI seats? Visually they don't look too different to my eyes. Maybe an inch or two in the side bolsters but that could just be an optical illusion because of the sharp angle on the GTI seats.

1682016573978.png

1682016585649.png

While I agree it would be nice to have the amazing seats of the CTR, I understand why they're not doing it. "Make people happy"- funny you say that, because my guess their goal is actually "people" and not "some random VW guy on an Integra forum". They've made it clear this car is not targeted at being the ultimate 4 door track weapon, but it is targeted at street driving. As well as Honda executed on those bucket seats, they're still bucket seats. Not everyone wants that.

If you're driving to the point where you'd "fall out" of your seat, then maybe you should take that shit to the track amirite??

I'll go ahead and add the entitlement of expectation for a $50k car still amazes me. I expect to see this type of complaining on Rennlist. Not here...
I think in the comparison, GTI seats seems way sportier, without beeing bucket seats. I must say I understand why they didn’t used the FL5 seats, but I still think the integra type S seats, visually at least, are a let down… but not one that would stop me from buying the car. You have to admit theres nothing sporty in their design…

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!

1682016573978.png

1682016585649.png

I'm just disappointed they didn't come with a 5 or 6 point harnesses , roll cage, and include a fire extinguisher.

Last edited:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm just disappointed they didn't come with a 5 or 6 point harnesses , roll cage, and include fire extinguisher.
Funny you say that, I have a fire extinguisher in my wife's Macan GTS. It was a $400 option that she made me get. "For safety".

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think in the comparison, GTI seats seems way sportier, without beeing bucket seats. I must say I understand why they didn’t used the FL5 seats, but I still think the integra type S seats, visually at least, are a let down… but not one that would stop me from buying the car. You have to admit theres nothing sporty in their design…
No, you're not wrong. They look strange... but I think a lot of it is the questionable design elements. I agree it's not what I would prefer, but I'm not going to run away from the car because of them either.

In any case, I don't possess the innate ability to assess the quality of a seat by looking at it in pictures. I have many talents, but unfortunately that one escapes me.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
No, you're not wrong. They look strange... but I think a lot of it is the questionable design elements. I agree it's not what I would prefer, but I'm not going to run away from the car because of them either.

In any case, I don't possess the innate ability to assess the quality of a seat by looking at it in pictures. I have many talents, but unfortunately that one escapes me.

i'm going to try to snag the R seats and install it in the S and move the heating elements on to it. Wanna be able to keep the seat airbags.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1682017576008.png

look at the bolstering, they're straight up equiuvant to recaros
If I had to answer, I think they look like crap lol. They look straight up uncomfortable is what they look like.

As I said I don't like the Integra seats any more, but I'm also not claiming "I'd fall out of them".

While we're apparently humblebragging, this is what I live with.

1682017826484.jpeg

(Not my Macan but representative)
1682017886687.png

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT

as i said… what bothers me the most, personnaly, is the look… maybe they are good, but they will still have the overall shape of a civic seats…just by including the headrest in the overall shape it makes for a sportier look IMO… even if they dont need to be as buckety as the type R seats

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
as i said… what bothers me the most, personnaly, is the look… maybe they are good, but they will still have the overall shape of a civic seats…just by including the headrest in the overall shape it makes for a sportier look IMO… even if they dont need to be as buckety as the type R seats
how is the base integra seats? it should be very similar. Same seats with stiffer bolster from their press release.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
If I had to answer, I think they look like crap lol. They look straight up uncomfortable is what they look like.
GTI seats are considered one of the most comfortable seats in the world, no problem with long drives and hold you tight like my BPD exwife that wouldn't let go.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Would take the shifting lights of the FL5 over a HUD … well that’s my preferences … maybe not everybody’s one
You need flashing lights to tell you when to shift? Maybe in the CTR since it’s as quiet as a base Civic, but with the exhaust of the ITS, all you need to do is use your ears and you’ll know when to shift.