• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Zonkin' those BRONZE wheels. Bet I could cram a whole pack of Twinkies through the spokes. How would that wheel combo look on TEP, I wonder.

Back on topic, not a fan of piano black trim. We have it on our RDX and it's a nightmare to keep clean. I do like the stock shift knob and will probably stick with it.
That trim piece is easy enough to remove and wrap in vinyl. I did it to the gloss black trim piece on my TLX (granted, there’s more of it in the RDX and MDX).

It’ll be one of the first things I do to the car, I can’t stand piano black trim.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Lack of a memory seat is fine, but then just make it a manual seat. A power seat without memory just takes so long to adjust going from one driver to another.

The heated steering wheel is interesting. I was reading the install guide for the normal Integra, and it looks like there is an open plug on the underside of the steering column that plugs in to the new clock spring.

I wonder if that open plug will still exist on the DE5, or if it’s an entirely different wiring harness used in the dash, and that connector will not be present on the DE5.

A heated steering wheel has been really nice this past winter…
With the same steering wheel function and that the Alcantara wheel is now available on the standard Teggy I'd say it's pretty darn likely

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
With the same steering wheel function and that the Alcantara wheel is now available on the standard Teggy I'd say it's pretty darn likely
This is the connector I was talking about, in step 21.

I’m curious if this same harness is used on the DE5. On one hand, I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t be. On the other hand, if it was the same harness, why would they not make the heated steering wheel an option?

7A786E76-BB46-4915-9394-EF41CFE72529.jpeg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
OP
OP
dadcab

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
Thanks to the @Administrator for making all of the edits on my posts.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Lack of a memory seat is fine, but then just make it a manual seat. A power seat without memory just takes so long to adjust going from one driver to another.
I bet they just didn't want to engineer a new manual lumbar adjustment system, so they just left a power seat on the driver side.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
they should have just gave us the type R seats in black with heat elements. It most likely wouldn't have cost anymore and made people happy.
They should’ve done so many things to make people happy… but they just make vehicles.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
They should’ve done so many things to make people happy… but they just make vehicles.
well yeh but Honda seems to be one of those manuafuactor that you and see an feel the cost cutting way more than its competitors. Both Honda and Toyota living off their reliability reputation which isn't gonna keep customers returning.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
they should have just gave us the type R seats in black with heat elements. It most likely wouldn't have cost anymore and made people happy.
I think these seats will be great for daily driving. How many here will track these? I'm not sure if I even fit comfortably in the racing seats.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Have some more slightly disappointing news in features - keep in mind that this was still not a production model car so it “could” be possible to have on those or dealer add ons. If there’s anything else you’re wondering about, maybe ask Joe in the comments to see if he can share anything.

E09DF58F-8F96-47AE-9462-CAE563266FE3.png
Regarding the heated wheel, it's a standard feature in the Canadian Type-S (just like on the A-Spec + Tech), so I fully expect it'll be an available dealer add-on. Will you get color-matched stitching this year? Not holding my breath, but they get it up there.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Regarding the heated wheel, it's a standard feature in the Canadian Type-S (just like on the A-Spec + Tech), so I fully expect it'll be an available dealer add-on. Will you get color-matched stitching this year? Not holding my breath, but they get it up there.
If I remember right, the Aspec with tech here in the US had a heated steering wheel also. But I’d have to confirm later today. I’ll pay for the option if it’s available. To me it doesn’t make sense to have just heated seats without the wheel anymore nowadays.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
If I remember right, the Aspec with tech here in the US had a heated steering wheel also. But I’d have to confirm later today. I’ll pay for the option if it’s available. To me it doesn’t make sense to have just heated seats without the wheel anymore nowadays.
Not standard in the US, unfortunately--it's an easy DIY or dealer add-on though. Approximately $500 for the wheel, and I believe dealers were selling the wheel with install for $750-$800. The only downside is, for folks with Orchid or Red interiors, dealerships seem to only be able to order the heated wheel with black stitching (stock is color-matched to the interior color, and the Canadian heated wheel has color-matched stitching as well).

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I think these seats will be great for daily driving. How many here will track these? I'm not sure if even fit comfortably in the racing seats.

they looks like I'd fall out of them in regular back road driving, completely contradictory to its chassis.