• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gyfer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Friendly reminder that all models in the Type S family don't qualify for any incentives.
These include loyalty and special financing for 4.5-4.99% rates so you will be shopping for rates once you go the ITS route.

Audi Offers 3.99% @ 60 months
BMW Offers 3.99% @ 60 months (some models)
Lexus 4.99% @ 60 months

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
^^^^^
I'm pretty sure I read that the Canadian Spec ITS has a heated steering wheel. I’m confident I’ll figure something out.

Mike
From the sounds of it, you always do! haha.
Think I'm eyeing a 24 Elantra also. Probably go dct, rather have a great auto vs a serviceable manual.
i would think the manual is a must in a car like this ... blipping the throttle and messing around at low speeds is what makes these cars fun ... to me at least. no way would i enjoy my Si with an auto/dct/pdk/LMNOP. even in my '15 M3 with DCT i dropped it for a '16 with a manual and was sooooo much happier with that car. i'm a manual fanboy though, so there's that.

Friendly reminder that all models in the Type S family don't qualify for any incentives.
These include loyalty and special financing for 4.5-4.99% rates so you will be shopping for rates once you go the ITS route.

Audi Offers 3.99% @ 60 months
BMW Offers 3.99% @ 60 months (some models)
Lexus 4.99% @ 60 months
looking at 5.89% through BMW for my incoming M3 CS ... abysmal. almost student loans high. haha! and my credit is really good. When i got my Si recently i got 4.54% through my bank so i'll be seeing what they can offer me this time around too.

mattaleo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Civic Si
I've yet to encounter a GTI owner who doesn't love their car.

Here in Taiwan I keep seeing R wagons - if only!
Gti's and R's are good cars, but they are not in the level of CTR's and most likely ITS. All reputable sources including Motor Trend/ Car and driver give the Honda 10/10. Likely be the same for the ITS. The Germans get 8.5.
I've watched hours of video with the fk8 and fl5 on the Nurburgring. There you can really get a feel for why these cars are priced so high. The Type-R passes Golf R's and GTI's all day. If you're interested in watching some of the most exciting 8 min racing videos check out 'Nordshliefe Type-R' channel on YouTube. This guy and his passenger take the fk8 to the limit, challenging M2's, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi etc. His FK8 is stock, only mod is semi slick tires. I'm guessing the ITS will be slightly slower on the track, but man can that engine take a beating.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I've watched hours of video with the fk8 and fl5 on the Nurburgring. There you can really get a feel for why these cars are priced so high. The Type-R passes Golf R's and GTI's all day. If you're interested in watching some of the most exciting 8 min racing videos check out 'Nordshliefe Type-R' channel on YouTube. This guy and his passenger take the fk8 to the limit, challenging M2's, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi etc. His FK8 is stock, only mod is semi slick tires. I'm guessing the ITS will be slightly slower on the track, but man can that engine take a beating.
So a serious question: besides it being a metaphorical dick-measuring competition between drivers, what does it matter if your car is a couple seconds a lap quicker at a track day? There's no money on the line, no fame. Is it just literally so that you can get out of your car at the end of the session and say "yeah, I put in a better lap time than you bro"?

I'm sure Golf R, Elantra N, and CTR owners all have an equally fun time at a track day, even though they all put in different lap times.

Unless you're buying a car to be a 100% dedicated track toy, I would absolutely take a car that is a couple seconds slower per lap, but gives me more livable features for day-to-day driving, because that's where the car spends 90% of its time.

mattaleo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Civic Si
So a serious question: besides it being a metaphorical dick-measuring competition between drivers, what does it matter if your car is a couple seconds a lap quicker at a track day? There's no money on the line, no fame. Is it just literally so that you can get out of your car at the end of the session and say "yeah, I put in a better lap time than you bro"?

I'm sure Golf R, Elantra N, and CTR owners all have an equally fun time at a track day, even though they all put in different lap times.

Unless you're buying a car to be a 100% dedicated track toy, I would absolutely take a car that is a couple seconds slower per lap, but gives me more livable features for day-to-day driving, because that's where the car spends 90% of its time.
Whoa, I'm with you man. I'm going for the ITS... for the reason I won't be tracking the car and prefer what it offers/appearance vs CTR. I currently have a '22 Si, which I love. But it's not exhilarating.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
DC is the epicenter of the massive government spending. Housing will never go down there as long as the money printers are functioning.
If "epicenter of massive government spending" equates to "tons of people with government jobs in a big city", then sure. Same with traffic, which has been bad in DC long before "trillions in stimulus" was handed out. Housing costs in and around DC don't have anything to do with "printing money". It's still just basic supply and demand.

Because I still want my car to be practical, since it’s my primary car.

I want to be able to throw a big cooler in it along with our bags and go hiking for a weekend, or go to the racetrack, and have the car be fun to drive along the way, which the SUV is not (don’t get me wrong, it’s a fantastic highway cruiser, but it’s not a Macan or X5 M50i).

There’s nothing wrong with wanting a car that is practical while still being fun to drive. If this were a third car for me, then sure, 2-doors and RWD all day long, but it isn’t.
You clearly are not interested any longer and I totally get that- but I'd still argue with your definition of "practical" as well as "fun to drive". There are varying degrees of each of these concepts, and it's up to us as individuals to determine at what point they don't meet our personal standards. For me, the ITS strikes a unique balance in the market of being far more practical than my needs call for, while also having driving dynamics that can't be matched from a "fun" perspective. It's absolutely perfect, so I'm willing to happily pay what they're asking for MSRP.

That said, don't conflate the "rich guy" perception with paying exorbitant ADMs. That didn't happen for my 718, and it won't happen for this car. On principal, I will not pay an ADM. I'll buy dealer add-ons and accessories, but I'm not giving away free money.

This is a good question, and it's I think where our major differences lie in perception of value. I'll do my best to articulate pre-coffee:

It's not about lap times for me, it's about the tactile, sensory perceptions from the inputs of steering and shifter feel, and all the sensory observations you receive from the whole subjective element we'll just call "handling". I know what that feels like in my 718, and even though I haven't driven a CTR I'm confident there is a tangible difference between a CTR/ITS and pretty much anything else in its class.

Also one other thing that's important for me is the capability to just stand up to track use. I've had the experience of having to leave a track day early in an F82 M4 because the brakes started shuddering and it was just an HPDE driven at maybe 8/10ths of my novice ability. An STI I did the exact same thing in stood up just fine by comparison. Subaru doesn't make the STI anymore but I'm also confident that the ITS will hold up just fine for my occasional track use. That is essential to me and a TLX or even an S4 (or RS5...) just wouldn't cut it.

The combination of the "tactile" advantages of the inputs and the track day capability is what makes me totally comfortable with the value prop of the ITS.

Guess im taking a chance cause im not paying 60k out the door for a civic. All the horror stories of vw, mines been one of the most reliable cars ive owned, which includes buncha 90s hondas.
I liked the 2016 Golf I got for my kid when he was learning to drive, I really did. But it had a horrific leaking issue in the hatch area that I couldn't get fixed. I'll never look at a Golf ever again.

edit- the Golf failing is what led me to getting him a 2012 Civic Si, which he still has. The joy I get driving that car and how it so far blew away my expectations is why I'm so obsessed with the ITS. So technically I have VWs poor build quality to thank for my future ITS purchase!

Last edited:

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Whoa, I'm with you man. I'm going for the ITS... for the reason I won't be tracking the car and prefer what it offers/appearance vs CTR. I currently have a '22 Si, which I love. But it's not exhilarating.
I wasn't trying to attack you specifically, more so the people that say "OMFG, the CTR is the best track weapon of all time!", as if they place Nurburgring lap times on a pedestal as the primary reason to buy a car.

The reality is that most of these people do a handful of track days a year, where there's no reward for what lap time you run. These people aren't running their cars in any kind of sanctioned racing series, they're not running their car in the SCCA run-offs, etc. At the end of the day, the goal of the track day is to enjoy yourself, and not run off track in to some armco, likely totaling your car and having the insurance claim denied in the process (which is a good reason to have track day insurance, because as expensive as it is, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than paying out of pocket to repair your car).

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
i would think the manual is a must in a car like this ... blipping the throttle and messing around at low speeds is what makes these cars fun ... to me at least. no way would i enjoy my Si with an auto/dct/pdk/LMNOP. even in my '15 M3 with DCT i dropped it for a '16 with a manual and was sooooo much happier with that car. i'm a manual fanboy though, so there's that.
Basically all the manuals on ares that came with autos are a after thought, no real R&D to making them fun or suit the car. The shift action is decent enough in the GTI, serviceable but thing has no clutch feel at all. I've been driving manual all my life and I still sometimes don't concentrate either peel or stall out. Not just that the gear ratios are so long, not only is it slower than auto its just boring most of the time. Don't even wanna get in to modern manual cars and rev hang. Even the FL5 has bit of rev hang from all the drives.
Having driven bunch a M cars with manual, I'll always take the auto over manual in a M car. BMW manuals are garbage. Besides in the new M2 the auto is significantly faster than the manual.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Gti's and R's are good cars, but they are not in the level of CTR's and most likely ITS. All reputable sources including Motor Trend/ Car and driver give the Honda 10/10. Likely be the same for the ITS. The Germans get 8.5.

VW has the clubsport S, which never came here once held the lap record. Honestly these lap records are nothing but a marketing gimmick as Honda has shown. Throw on a lighter stripped car with cup 2's.

When driving skills matter than the car.

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
If "epicenter of massive government spending" equates to "tons of people with government jobs in a big city", then sure. Same with traffic, which has been bad in DC long before "trillions in stimulus" was handed out. Housing costs in and around DC don't have anything to do with "printing money". It's still just basic supply and demand.

You clearly are not interested any longer and I totally get that- but I'd still argue with your definition of "practical" as well as "fun to drive". There are varying degrees of each of these concepts, and it's up to us as individuals to determine at what point they don't meet our personal standards. For me, the ITS strikes a unique balance in the market of being far more practical than my needs call for, while also having driving dynamics that can't be matched from a "fun" perspective. It's absolutely perfect, so I'm willing to happily pay what they're asking for MSRP.

That said, don't conflate the "rich guy" perception with paying exorbitant ADMs. That didn't happen for my 718, and it won't happen for this car. On principal, I will not pay an ADM. I'll buy dealer add-ons and accessories, but I'm not giving away free money.

This is a good question, and it's I think where our major differences lie in perception of value. I'll do my best to articulate pre-coffee:

It's not about lap times for me, it's about the tactile, sensory perceptions from the inputs of steering and shifter feel, and all the sensory observations you receive from the whole subjective element we'll just call "handling". I know what that feels like in my 718, and even though I haven't driven a CTR I'm confident there is a tangible difference between a CTR/ITS and pretty much anything else in its class.

Also one other thing that's important for me is the capability to just stand up to track use. I've had the experience of having to leave a track day early in an F82 M4 because the brakes started shuddering and it was just an HPDE driven at maybe 8/10ths of my novice ability. An STI I did the exact same thing in stood up just fine by comparison. Subaru doesn't make the STI anymore but I'm also confident that the ITS will hold up just fine for my occasional track use. That is essential to me and a TLX or even an S4 (or RS5...) just wouldn't cut it.

The combination of the "tactile" advantages of the inputs and the track day capability is what makes me totally comfortable with the value prop of the ITS.

I liked the 2016 Golf I got for my kid when he was learning to drive, I really did. But it had a horrific leaking issue in the hatch area that I couldn't get fixed. I'll never look at a Golf ever again.

edit- the Golf failing is what led me to getting him a 2012 Civic Si, which he still has. The joy I get driving that car and how it so far blew away my expectations is why I'm so obsessed with the ITS. So technically I have VWs poor build quality to thank for my future ITS purchase!
When your ITS arrives, consider adding an older Porsche to the stable. If you like your 718, then something like a 996 or even 986 will be a revelation. My 718 GTS (I had the 2.5 and got rid of it quickly) was better on track, but my 993 (2S) was way, way better on the street. 996 has better steering feel than both 993 and 997!

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Basically all the manuals on ares that came with autos are a after thought, no real R&D to making them fun or suit the car. The shift action is decent enough in the GTI, serviceable but thing has no clutch feel at all. I've been driving manual all my life and I still sometimes don't concentrate either peel or stall out. Not just that the gear ratios are so long, not only is it slower than auto its just boring most of the time. Don't even wanna get in to modern manual cars and rev hang. Even the FL5 has bit of rev hang from all the drives.
Having driven bunch a M cars with manual, I'll always take the auto over manual in a M car. BMW manuals are garbage. Besides in the new M2 the auto is significantly faster than the manual.
Yup. Modern gearshifts are all fine. What’s lacking is clutch feel. And software interference between clutch and throttle is horrible. Cars like this are either boring or dangerous, depending on power and driven wheels.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Yup. Modern gearshifts are all fine. What’s lacking is clutch feel. And software interference between clutch and throttle is horrible. Cars like this are either boring or dangerous, depending on power and driven wheels.
they also come with helper springs to make the clutch lighter but lose even more feel. I've taken it off. I think the only manual car I would buy are these Hondas that were designed with manual from the ground up. I love manual cars but I'll take a excellent auto over a so so manual anyday. Main consense is that Elantra N manual is serviceable and the lowest point in the car, even Savagegeese that loves manuals said he'd go with the DCT.

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
they also come with helper springs to make the clutch lighter but lose even more feel. I've taken it off. I think the only manual car I would buy are these Hondas that were designed with manual from the ground up. I love manual cars but I'll take a excellent auto over a so so manual anyday. Main consense is that Elantra N manual is serviceable and the lowest point in the car, even Savagegeese that loves manuals said he'd go with the DCT.
A little off topic but have you driven an ND Miata? Wondering if clutch/gearbox combo is comparable to these Hondas.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
A little off topic but have you driven an ND Miata? Wondering if clutch/gearbox combo is comparable to these Hondas.
I owned a Mazdaspeed Miata and a NC2. Both had amazing shifter and clutch. Think I prefered the shifter in the NB more than the s2000.

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
This is my brother and I. He had it on MeisterR coilovers and I can say with confidence that the ND put a smile on my face that the FK8 with its more HP and grip didn’t. I found the Clutch/Gearbox both to be incredibly smooth. Coming from my FK8 to his car though I had to be careful about the clutch since the slightest lift and you’re already at the bite point. We always joked around and called it the Japanese 911. Came stock with BBS wheels and heated Recaro seats too.
39ED8D03-99EF-4EB4-9AD5-0F449806A804.jpeg

86A12D5E-98DF-4156-8621-05328D591C62.jpeg