• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Higher interest rates would certainly bring the car market back to normal if allowed to stay at these levels for another year. But in 3-6 months or sooner the Fed will be cutting rates again, and if we have a recession, which is about 110% likely, Washington will be handing out cash again, putting moratoriums on all the young people's expenses etc.

So I don't think the car market will have time to return to normal - so get used to high prices.
FED says NO rate cuts this year lol......................

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
FED says NO rate cuts this year lol......................
Well it's almost half over so maybe there's hope for the 2025 model year

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Higher interest rates would certainly bring the car market back to normal if allowed to stay at these levels for another year. But in 3-6 months or sooner the Fed will be cutting rates again, and if we have a recession, which is about 110% likely, Washington will be handing out cash again, putting moratoriums on all the young people's expenses etc.

So I don't think the car market will have time to return to normal - so get used to high prices.
The only thing that could drop interest rates is widespread banking collapse.

Jobs report data for March was stronger than anticipated, indicating that businesses are still willing to spend to hire. Inflation is still well above target.

I think these rates will be around for a while, unless we see widespread layoffs outside the tech sector, or the banking system collapses again.

Maybe we shouldnā€™t have raised the asset threshold for financial institutions to comply with Dodd-Frank back in 2017, while simultaneously slashing interest rates despite low taxation and years of strong market growth. I mean, sure, the getting was good in the moment, but weā€™re obviously paying for it now.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
history says the market crashes everytime the fed pivots during recession becuase when they do, its becase something in the system broke. Unfortuantley, they have no more bullets left, piviot would spike of inflation.

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
52k seals the deal!

That deal being an Elantra N replacing my civic next year. I really wanted the ITS tho. šŸ˜ž

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I just don't see any value proposition for the ITS at 52k. Its pitch to the market is its in a segment of one. There are no other 300+ HP cars with the back seat and cargo room that also have a stick. If you need that combination, its this or a CTR. I think most people are not that rigid in what car they want though and as others have pointed out on this board here and in other threads, you can get a lot more car for 52k elsewhere if you can compromise on space/stick.

I know you can compare it to the Si vs A-Spec or Si vs. CTR prices and the 52k makes sense, but everyone pretty much agreed that the CTR was overpriced from a value standpoint and that the A-Spec was overpriced compared to the Si from a value standpoint. The Si/A-Spec thing is particularly galling because Honda literally removed features from the US version of the Si so they could put them in the A-Spec.
How does anything ā€œin a segment of oneā€ not have a value proposition? For those that couldnā€™t get a CTR at MSRP, this is a lot cheaper.

Hopefully this proves to other manufacturers that there is a market for this sort of thing. More choice and better ā€˜valueā€™ then.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
How does anything ā€œin a segment of oneā€ not have a value proposition? For those that couldnā€™t get a CTR at MSRP, this is a lot cheaper.

Hopefully this proves to other manufacturers that there is a market for this sort of thing. More choice and better ā€˜valueā€™ then.
Honda made and killed the market imo. Kinda like Kia did with the Stinger.

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I wouldnā€™t consider myself ā€œrichā€ like some Porsche owners here, but I wouldā€™ve been a cash buyer for the ITS (current car is fully paid off and wouldā€™ve been traded in, and I wouldā€™ve written a check for the balance). Even removing interest rates from the equation, for what I am looking for in a car, I didnā€™t see the value in the ITS and how the finances wouldā€™ve shaken out for me (I wouldā€™ve been looking at $18-19k out of pocket to make the switch).

A 2020 FK8 had an as-delivered price of $38k. As-delivered pricing on a 2023 FL5 is $44k (+15.7% over the FK8), and a DE5 is $52k (+36.8% over the FK8). The price at which the enthusiast Hondaā€™s has risen is crazy to me.

If all goes according to the financial plan, maybe in a couple yearā€™s Iā€™ll just pick up a used FK8 as a toy. Or maybe a 718 with the 2.5T. Who knows. But in the meantime, Iā€™ll keep driving my 2021 TLX, and look forward to hearing inout from those that do end up getting a DE5.
This might sound a little nuts, but thereā€™s nothing else out there at any price that I want as my personal daily driver. Iā€™m not comparing spec to specā€¦I just want it. I think the ITS looks better than the CTR and Iā€™m willing to trade seats for a sound system. I just want a car like this.

In the ā€˜ddā€™ category, we have a Suburban, an X7, and an M760 in the household. All my fun cars are either ā€˜vintageā€™ or track day.

Whatā€™s missing (because it hasnā€™t been offered) is something fun and manual that I can put my kids in once in a while and put a zillion miles on without worrying about attention, depreciation, etc.

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
This might sound a little nuts, but thereā€™s nothing else out there at any price that I want as my personal daily driver. Iā€™m not comparing spec to specā€¦I just want it. I think the ITS looks better than the CTR and Iā€™m willing to trade seats for a sound system. I just want a car like this.

In the ā€˜ddā€™ category, we have a Suburban, an X7, and an M760 in the household. All my fun cars are either ā€˜vintageā€™ or track day.

Whatā€™s missing (because it hasnā€™t been offered) is something fun and manual that I can put my kids in once in a while and put a zillion miles on without worrying about attention, depreciation, etc.
And you are the reason we have a hard time with the priceā€¦ but good for u if you have that kind of money ! Back in the days someone in youre situation would have bought an AMG, An Mcar or a Porscheā€¦ not a civic šŸ˜‚ Guess it took time to people to realize Honda makes good carā€¦ and Honda to realize thereā€™s a market for Type-R/ type-S car hereā€¦

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Think I'm eyeing a 24 Elantra also. Probably go dct, rather have a great auto vs a serviceable manual.
Donā€™t.

Hyundai dealerships are trash (literally have to book an appointment a month in advance for routine maintenance, god forbid you need towed in for emergency service).

Also, do your research on the 8DCT. There is a recall out on it because of a bad solder connection on a PCB for the HP oil pump where if the solder connection fails, the car defaults to a fail state and you lose all operability of the car. The transmission needs replaced.

Of course, Hyundai/Kia have no way to detect which transmissions contain the faulty part and wonā€™t replace the transmission pre-emptively, so youā€™re stuck driving it until it maybe leaves you stranded on the side of the, where you have to wait for a tow, and then months to get a transmission because here on backorder, all while driving whatever shitbox they give you as a loaner.

Signed, an owner of a Hyundai with an 8DCT transmission (that hasnā€™t failed, and hopefully never will).

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
And you are the reason we have a hard time with the priceā€¦ but good for u if you have that kind of money ! Back in the days someone in youre situation would have bought an AMG, An Mcar or a Porscheā€¦ not a civic šŸ˜‚ Guess it took time to people to realize Honda makes good carā€¦ and Honda to realize thereā€™s a market for Type-R/ type-S car hereā€¦
Isnā€™t it sad? If you asked me back in 2002 what Iā€™d buy as my DD of I ever did well, Honda wouldnā€™t be on the list. BMW invented the segment, made me work hard to get there, then abandoned the segment!

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Donā€™t.

Hyundai dealerships are trash (literally have to book an appointment a month in advance for routine maintenance, god forbid you need towed in for emergency service).

Also, do your research on the 8DCT. There is a recall out on it because of a bad solder connection on a PCB for the HP oil pump where if the solder connection fails, the car defaults to a fail state and you lose all operability of the car. The transmission needs replaced.

Of course, Hyundai/Kia have no way to detect which transmissions contain the faulty part and wonā€™t replace the transmission pre-emptively, so youā€™re stuck driving it until it maybe leaves you stranded on the side of the, where you have to wait for a tow, and then months to get a transmission because here on backorder, all while driving whatever shitbox they give you as a loaner.

Signed, an owner of a Hyundai with an 8DCT transmission (that hasnā€™t failed, and hopefully never will).

hyundai might be complete shit, JD power could be completely wrong. I took a chance on my VW and its hasn't let me down.

1683579085779.png

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD

Yeah, youā€™re buying this as a 4th car where you donā€™t really care about the amenities, while having nearly a quarter of a million dollars in other cars.

Thatā€™s not many peopleā€™s situation here.

I went and sat in a A-Spec Tech, and couldnā€™t justify spending $55k OTD for a car with that interior (a combo of materials, build quality, and missing features).

For me it would be my one and only car. For you itā€™s a fun weekend toy that you can beat the piss out of for a couple hours, and then go hop back in to an X7 or M760.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Donā€™t.

God yes. Hyundai dealerships are the reason I won't buy another Hyundai and why I didn't look at the Genesis SUVs when shopping for one recently. Its a shame really because they make a pretty good car at a good price, but my god its like their recruiters wait outside of MLM meetings and hire the people who were too dishonest even for them.