• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
60k integra for a color. People just have too much credit.
It wouldn't just be color, PCM can hold their value slightly better and have more of a collectable value down the line due to the limited production. If I got a PCM, I would only get a PCM in a PCM exclusive color due to that "collectable" factor. I actually prefer the Apex Blue that I got, but if I got a type-s it would be the tiger eye for the same reason

Last edited:

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I also wonder how the MSRP of the ITS will affect dealer markups on CTRs ... I imagine a lot of people who get told they'll be paying a $10k markup on a CTR will immediately respond "I'll just get the Acura"

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
What kind of mpg do you get in the Mustang? GT or EcoBoost?
GT 6spd. My daily commute is mostly highway, but 40/60 City/HW split and I'm getting 22MPG average.

PorscheGt23

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITR 911
I also wonder how the MSRP of the ITS will affect dealer markups on CTRs ... I imagine a lot of people who get told they'll be paying a $10k markup on a CTR will immediately respond "I'll just get the Acura"
Years down the road, which one do you think will be worth more? A numbered R made in Japan or a US made un numbered ITS?

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Good point, but I think I’ll wait to see what 2025 S will offer in terms of changes… I really want the moonroof I use them all the time 🤭 my mr2 I purchased with aftermarket sunroof so I guess that is always an option… but still I have no way to buy this car atm anyway, In a few months I’ll have enough cash plus my trade in car to purchase one though… we will see what happens with it
It's rare that a manufacturer makes any significant changes in the second model year.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Years down the road, which one do you think will be worth more? A numbered R made in Japan or a US made un numbered ITS?
Fair point, but most people who are buying these cars are not buying them with the resale price in 10 years in mind.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
I wish they had pictures of the black and the LCM colors before pre order…

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
I’m very OCD but that’s why I also said I’d never own another black car……I had a white FL5 that I sold, and seeing black type r’s I thought, hmmm black does look sharp, blends nicely……..deposit in for a white integra, “sticking to my guns”. BUT, no white as pre order. As impatient as it sounds, dealers makes it sound like I shouldn’t expect a car until like fricken August/September if I’m not in the preorder. I’m #2 at my dealer too…….Considering other options. Waited over a year for my FL5 at MSRP. Sold in anticipation of the ITS, driving a beater van currently. Thinking LCM might be a good in between, I just don’t think it’s a very photogenic color? Looks kinda dirty to me…..Wonder if it’s good at hiding micro scratches and dirt, or it’s just as bad as black…..

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fair point, but most people who are buying these cars are not buying them with the resale price in 10 years in mind.
While resale should never be the only consideration, it should definitely be considered with any vehicle purchase.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I wouldn't count on it. Its going to be more available than the CTR by the looks of it, but its still going to be a low volume car. Even enthusiast cars that have been out for a long time like a 340i or a Mustang GT take some effort to get right now. 200 in the first batch and I'd guess probably a few thousand through the end of the year. For everyone here who is pulling out over the price, there's 2 or 3 people with more money than brains who have been unable to get a CTR and will take this at or near MSRP.
There is no reason for it to be a low volume car, they make it here in Ohio alongside Integra's and TLX's so why limited? they don't have to export all over the world like they did with the CTR, so it doesn't make any sense to me.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
There is no reason for it to be a low volume car, they make it here in Ohio alongside Integra's and TLX's so why limited? they don't have to export all over the world like they did with the CTR, so it doesn't make any sense to me.
It doesn't have to be low volume, but I would assume that's how they've planned it. Toyota came out and admitted they were limiting GRC production to keep it expensive and sought after. Most car makers build less of the hot models than people that want them. Exclusivity, real or perceived is a big part of a halo car.

But, more practically, a ton of components (suspension, engine, trans, some TCUs, etc.) are shared between CTR and ITS. Those parts are all likely coming from the same supplier and supplier contract. My guess is Honda and Acura came up with a single figure for intended worldwide CTR/ITS production combined. Some amount was allocated for CTRs and some for ITS. They can't make more ITS than planned without robbing parts from CTRs (or renegotiating the contract with the suppliers).

Moreover, the ITS is different from anything else made in Ohio that its going to need its own tooling and own production line. The number of line hours allocated for a model is the #1 constraint on its production numbers. That is planned many months before a car comes out. Adding additional lines requires a lot of investment and unless you have lines sitting idle it eats into what you'd have produced with it otherwise.

All this is to say, Acura's initial delivery batch is 200 cars for the entire US. That strongly suggests they are running a small scale manufacturing operation for this car which is going to mean a fairly tight supply and increasing supply is difficult especially in the short term.

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I'll likely revisit the ITS in about 18months.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Has anyone had their dealer confirm yet if the first 200 launch models will have the Acura forced accessories? I believe this chart was a CA spec, but can’t remember. @Integra23 you seem to get the low down pretty quick. Lol Hear anything about this yet?

My dealer said he’s checking with his local Acura rep tomorrow to see if there’s any word about that & would only say that he doesn’t know, but it wouldn’t surprise him if they did.

IMG_0436.jpeg