• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

mopar_man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S, Durango R/T, Civic Si
So after digesting this for about a day now, I am rethinking what I said earlier. Is it higher than I expected, yes. But I still find myself drawn to it. We took delivery of a ‘23 Si yesterday and just spending some time in that car has made me realize how much I missed a nice manual transmission. It is superb. That car is just 50-75 HP short of being absolutely fantastic. So the ITS with its power train is alluring to me. I’ve done the German car thing and won’t do it again. Just not my style - scratched that itch and it’s gone for good.

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The facelift is already revealed in Korea for base Elantra, which shares most of the interior with the N. No major changes, minus a few software tweaks (phone as a key and built in dashcam). Also wouldn't count on more than 10-15 more hp if any. Hyundai and engine reliability do not go hand in hand and given how cheap they sell it for they probably don't have a ton of margin to pay for engine warranty work.

I don't understand why you'd say the ITS is a bargain compared to the M3 when the M3 is one, if not two tiers above the ITS in literally every metric other than perhaps shifter feel.
Comparing manual G80 to CTR, the M3 is not above it in any fun to drive category, at least not on the street.
-The shifter feel is actually fine in the G80, it’s the clutch take up which is very bad. CTR is progressive.
-BMW eps is terrible. Their idea of ‘feel’ is a combination of heft, and transmitting texture to your palms like a game controller. CTR almost feels hydraulic.
-Idrive really dominates the BMW interior. In the CTR, the technology is in the background.
-The G80 turn in response and power are better than the CTR. It actually makes the M3 superior on a big track where ‘feel’ and too much power don’t matter because you can memorize the limits (and the track) and there aren’t as many consequences for making a mistake. The CTR is superior as a fun road car because you can drive it fairly hard on a daily basis and have real fun. You just can’t drive the M3 as hard every day because it’s flaws make it more dangerous and less satisfying to do so. If this were 2006 and we could all go out and buy an E46 as a summer beater and a B7 RS4 as a winter beater, the ITS would be priced a lot lower.

Maybe the ITS will be worse than the CTR? I doubt it. So yes, I’d say the ITS will be vastly more fun as a street car if you’re comparing manual to manual.

It also depends how many cars you have and for what purpose. For those who already have an automatic ‘latest and greatest’ car, the ITS/CTR are basically perfect daily fun beaters. If it’s going to be your only car and you want to get the most spec sheet for $50-80k, maybe that’s different. Depends on use case.

I have way too many cars, but I actually daily my base Integra manual and have so much fun flogging it and racking up mikes. ITS is filling the same role and I literally can’t wait!

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Theyve basically taken the Civic's interior and put it in virtually every new car (CR-V, HR-V, Accord, Integra, etc) to cut costs.
That's not how it works. While all of those cars share a common design language with their interiors (a trend that we're seeing across the autmotive industry), the body-in-white of those cars are entirely different, which means that the dash, consoles, etc. are completely different, requiring different injeciton molding tools.

While the dash in the Accord may look similar to that in the Civic, it's an entirely different part.

Now we wait and see what they do to the TLX and RDX updates/redesigns, I dont have high hopes for either.
The TLX is a mid-cycle refresh, so I'd expect new bumpers, and some interior tech updates.

The RDX will be an entirely new generation, likely for the 2025MY, so we shoudl see those on dealer lots in 12-18 months. Acura can't mess the RDX up, the compact SUV market is too hot.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
im eager to see what the housing market will look like by then cause I'm looking to buy...but not at the ridiculous prices. Cars are expensive but homes are just outrageous these days.
I dont see housing market to crash like 08. So many people are locked in 3% mortage, they're not selling.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I dont see housing market to crash like 08. So many people are locked in 3% mortage, they're not selling.
The only thing that will cause people to sell is if businesses start doing mass layoffs across all industries, and people can no longer afford their mortgages, so they’re forced to sell.

I don’t new new home starts rising significantly with interest rates where they are, and interest rates need to remain high to get inflation down to 2-3% YoY.

Like you said, at 3-4% interest rates, why would you ever willingly move? They’re essentially golden handcuffs.

Hamnjam

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Odyssey, Mazda6
I wasn’t talking about people who were actually cross shopping different cars with the ITS. I mean, I have BRZ and Kona N on my list lol
I’m running out of options too.

I was just trying to say it’s not fair to compare those cars simply to argue one’s better than another.
I misunderstood. If you meant that it's largely futile to rank cars against each other without taking into the context of the use case scenario, then I agree 👍.

Brz and Kona n, these are a bit different. How did you end up having these two on your list?

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
I’m looking in Texas at the moment at new construction not existing homes and it’s already happening out there. 20-90k off new builds, all closing costs paid, and interest rate buy downs…existing homes aren’t leading the downturn in Texas it’s the over abundance of new construction that’s bring prices down in those metro areas. Each market is different though because in my home state prices are stable or in some regions rising

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I’m looking in Texas at the moment at new construction not existing homes and it’s already happening out there. 20-90k off new builds, all closing costs paid, and interest rate buy downs…existing homes aren’t leading the downturn in Texas it’s the over abundance of new construction that’s bring prices down in those metro areas. Each market is different though because in my home state prices are stable or in some regions rising
obviously some places are going to be be hit harder than others, Texas has overbuilt but where I live in DC the prices are still increasing.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's not how it works. While all of those cars share a common design language with their interiors (a trend that we're seeing across the autmotive industry), the body-in-white of those cars are entirely different, which means that the dash, consoles, etc. are completely different, requiring different injeciton molding tools.

While the dash in the Accord may look similar to that in the Civic, it's an entirely different part.

The TLX is a mid-cycle refresh, so I'd expect new bumpers, and some interior tech updates.

The RDX will be an entirely new generation, likely for the 2025MY, so we shoudl see those on dealer lots in 12-18 months. Acura can't mess the RDX up, the compact SUV market is too hot.
While some automakers may use similar design languages Hondas seem too close to each other as far as interior design is concerned. This is especially true for the Civic/Integra. Honda said themselves that they would began using and sharing interior components in future models a few years back rather those components are exactly the same or not I still feel that everything is too closely related to their base interior offerings. What works in a base 20k Civic doesn’t work for me in 39k Accord or CRV.

you got more faith in Acura than I do…I don’t think they’ll mess it up per se but I definitely don’t expect them to rise above the competition in anyway. A lateral move if

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
obviously some places are going to be be hit harder than others, Texas has overbuilt but where I live in DC the prices are still increasing.
exactly. All housing markets are local. I’m going to wait a bit and see if I can get a good deal in Texas. I worked in your area for the last 7 months (Largo, Oxon Hil, Alexanderia) them prices are crazy lol

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
MY dealer is stating blue, black, white, and tiger are launch colors. No interior details per each color released yet.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
exactly. All housing markets are local. I’m going to wait a bit and see if I can get a good deal in Texas. I worked in your area for the last 7 months (Largo, Oxon Hil, Alexanderia) them prices are crazy lol
Tell me about it, I'm in Arlington.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Maybe the ITS will be worse than the CTR? I doubt it. So yes, I’d say the ITS will be vastly more fun as a street car if you’re comparing manual to manual.
I think if you plan to use it as a daily you can drive hard and have fun its absolutely going to be worse than the CTR just because of the seats. We'll have to wait and see if the foam/bolster revisions over base Integra seats make a big difference, but the seats in the CTR are top 5 in terms of balancing comfort and support in the entire industry. The Integra's are closer to bottom 5. I hate hate hate this trend of putting a terrible unsupportive seat in a performance car and then adding a suede or similar inset in it to try and keep people from sliding off the damn thing when cornering with gusto.

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Production numbers will be interesting. I have read that dealers don't get too many TLX Type S in a year maybe 8 to 10 at most. The first 2 years they were only making 2k of them. It's still a rare car I have only seen 1 on the road. Even the standard integra I have only seen 2 or 3 this year. Now Civic's I have seen a bunch, no FL5's yet. But to the average person the FL5 looks like a riced up Civic if they don't know any better.
I live in Las Vegas and went to an Acura dealer with 4 TLX Type S and a couple A Spec Integras plus many regular Integras. He did not like me pointing out how they sit but that was after he told me it'd be 20k over sticker for the ITS. And I was the only customer parked in the lot lol

A base civic hatch with a tacked on wing 😂 that was my first impression until I saw how wide it was in person. Honda should've made the OEM carbon fiber wing the standard but just without the carbon I guess if they wanted to save money. Looks more aggressive and bigger.

C%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B7-2-1658845584.jpg

08f02-t60-1007.jpg

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think if you plan to use it as a daily you can drive hard and have fun its absolutely going to be worse than the CTR just because of the seats. We'll have to wait and see if the foam/bolster revisions over base Integra seats make a big difference, but the seats in the CTR are top 5 in terms of balancing comfort and support in the entire industry. The Integra's are closer to bottom 5. I hate hate hate this trend of putting a terrible unsupportive seat in a performance car and then adding a suede or similar inset in it to try and keep people from sliding off the damn thing when cornering with gusto.
That’s a really good point.