• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring (MSM/GR), '18 CR-V Touring AWD (BRPII/GR)
Just found out that both the radios can read FLAC audio files. It's not a very common feature, but for people who care about audio quality it is the only "lossless" format that is fully supported
It appears, from the OM, that the reborn Integra has the same lame USB media support as our 10th gen Civic without any ability to play by anything other than folder and, apparently, the same inability to navigate nested folders. No use of tag metadata like play by album, artist, genre. That is beyond sad. Our 2007 CR-V was smarter and it didn't even have USB; you had to put in a PCcard memory card. But it could play by the metadata or nested folders, not just one-level folder. This makes me wonder if the touch UI/VR is as (glacially) slow as the 2016 Civic.

Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto is the only saving grace in this pathetic picture. Seven model years after our '16 Civic, and five after our '18 CR-V and it appears that the infotainment would, once again, be the most disappointing feature. Sigh. Honda must not benchmark the infotainment in any of the Korean cars.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
It appears, from the OM, that the reborn Integra has the same lame USB media support as our 10th gen Civic without any ability to play by anything other than folder and, apparently, the same inability to navigate nested folders. No use of tag metadata like play by album, artist, genre. That is beyond sad. Our 2007 CR-V was smarter and it didn't even have USB; you had to put in a PCcard memory card. But it could play by the metadata or nested folders, not just one-level folder. This makes me wonder if the touch UI/VR is as (glacially) slow as the 2016 Civic.

Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto is the only saving grace in this pathetic picture. Seven model years after our '16 Civic, and five after our '18 CR-V and it appears that the infotainment would, once again, be the most disappointing feature. Sigh. Honda must not benchmark the infotainment in any of the Korean cars.
I 100% agree that the Mitsubishi units in those cars were absolutely disastrous. However, it's irrelevant here as newer Honda/Acura models (including the Integra and 22+ Civic) don't use them anymore.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring (MSM/GR), '18 CR-V Touring AWD (BRPII/GR)
Sure reads like it’s more or less the same software, at least as regards USB support, maybe with a different looking top menu. I may compare the USB section page-for-page with the 2016 Civic OM.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch

Don't know about the USB media support, but I wish Honda/Acura would step up their infotainment effort. I'm pretty sure it will be just as slow as before based on the 2022 Civic comments I've seen. I actually didn't even finish reading your comment when I thought about Hyundai's infotainment and how snappy it looked (at least on the Elantra N videos I've seen). To be completely fair, it seems like most automakers are doing an awful job on the infotainment...

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Don't know about the USB media support, but I wish Honda/Acura would step up their infotainment effort. I'm pretty sure it will be just as slow as before. I actually didn't even finish reading your comment when I thought about Hyundai's infotainment and how snappy it looked (at least on the Elantra N videos I've seen). To be completely fair, it seems like most automakers are doing an awful job on the infotainment...
For what its worth the German brands infotainment are second to none. And I mean all 4 majors

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
I
For what its worth the German brands infotainment are second to none. And I mean all 4 majors
love how the Integra has the same EXCELLENT infotainment menu structure as that on the Civic and in earlier form on the 10 G Accord.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Those wondering why the Tilting Side Mirror when in reverse isn't working. You need the mirror control selector switch turned to the R or right side. Then the feature works when in reverse.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Lots of cars are omitting now. My wife’s top end 21 Kia doesn’t have it either. Idk if it’s a supply issue or if it’s for safety or if it’s deemed obsolete. Or maybe all 3.

Personally I don’t like it. If you have a garage but have to park in the drive way for whatever reason, homelink makes it REALLY easy to break a window and open your garage. Obviously you could not program it. But then why have it? Because now you still have a broken window.

If you park in the garage, a ton of garage door openers also now have wifi so people can open with their phone or even auto open with geo fencing. So similar to built in nav, it isn’t really needed anymore.
I was pretty sure I wanted to install a Homelink mirror until I read this post and started thinking. I have one of them in my 2020 Toyota Tacoma that sits in my driveway, because it's too big to fit in my townhouse car closet. The mirror is not an issue, because it's connected to switched power, so you have to have the key turned to at least accessory power for it to be on.

I've never had a push button start car so I don't know exactly how they function. In the scenario above, if someone breaks a window and gets into the car, or even just reaches through the broken window and hits the start button, would the accessories come on and activate the Homelink mirror?

ken_r34

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
1659130678445.png

I have a question, why does the D gear say "when temporarily driving in the manual shift mode" when that's supposed to be used for S? So can you just drive normally in S without having to change gears, or...?

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
1659130678445.png

I have a question, why does the D gear say "when temporarily driving in the manual shift mode" when that's supposed to be used for S? So can you just drive normally in S without having to change gears, or...?
Not sure if it's the same with the Integra, but a lot of cars have temporary manual mode that can be activated by paddle shifters.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
1659130678445.png

Not sure if it's the same with the Integra, but a lot of cars have temporary manual mode that can be activated by paddle shifters.
Yep. In D, you can hit either paddle and it’ll go manual for a couple of seconds then back to D on its own. Great for quick downshifts if changing lanes. In S you can drive around just like in D but with more aggressive gearing. You don’t need to touch the paddles. As soon as you hit any paddle in S though, it goes to manual where you have to use the paddles 100% until you put it back in D.

So there’s kind of 4 different ways to drive. D, D with temp manual shifts, S, and S with all manual.

I’ve been really impressed with the engine breaking on downshifts. The CVT acts very much like a 6 speed would.

ken_r34

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Yep. In D, you can hit either paddle and it’ll go manual for a couple of seconds then back to D on its own. Great for quick downshifts if changing lanes. In S you can drive around just like in D but with more aggressive gearing. You don’t need to touch the paddles. As soon as you hit any paddle in S though, it goes to manual where you have to use the paddles 100% until you put it back in D.

So there’s kind of 4 different ways to drive. D, D with temp manual shifts, S, and S with all manual.

I’ve been really impressed with the engine breaking on downshifts. The CVT acts very much like a 6 speed would.
I see that explains a lot better. I thought S was basically like permanently enabling manual mode until you go back to D like a tiptronic transmission. So if you can drive around normally without using paddles in S, and it gives you more acceleration and power, what's the difference between this and sport mode (where you have to use the mode selector beside the shift knob?)

And what would happen if you put the gear in S and enabled sport mode both simultaneously?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I see that explains a lot better. I thought S was basically like permanently enabling manual mode until you go back to D like a tiptronic transmission. So if you can drive around normally without using paddles in S, and it gives you more acceleration and power, what's the difference between this and sport mode (where you have to use the mode selector beside the shift knob?)

And what would happen if you put the gear in S and enabled sport mode both simultaneously?
Sport drive mode doesn’t do anything to the CVT. It only changes throttle response, suspension, and steering feel. So to get fully sport performance you want to put the drive mode in Sport AND the CVT in S. That being said, you can combo S with any drive mode. And furthermore use D in Sport mode.

ken_r34

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I believe comfort mode is the mode with the best fuel efficiency, if comfort paired with S would I get away with more power and better fuel economy? Or how would that even work with S paired in any drive mode other than sport

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
None of the drive modes give you more power. It’s just throttle response. Comfort gives good mpgs because the throttle is more “dead”. So it’s easier to modulate. S doesn’t give power, it just holds the rpm’s higher, doesn’t shift as frequently, overall just more aggressive. One is throttle the other is gearing. Lots of combos you could do.