• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
7 minutes into the video and I'm wondering if he tested the acceleration letting the CVT do its infinitely-variable thing without the pseudo-shifts.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
7 minutes into the video and I'm wondering if he tested the acceleration letting the CVT do its infinitely-variable thing without the pseudo-shifts.
I believe I was incorrect earlier and all drive modes have the shifts. However to get the trans in sport mode you have to put it in S instead of D. So sport drive mode in D on the shifter isnā€™t full sport mode. Raiti did it full sport and the launch was much more aggressive.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
I believe I was incorrect earlier and all drive modes have the shifts. However to get the trans in sport mode you have to put it in S instead of D. So sport drive mode in D on the shifter isnā€™t full sport mode. Raiti did it full sport and the launch was much more aggressive.
The way my FK7ā€™s CVT is programmed, S mode ā€” after clicking a paddle shifter to put it into 7-speed mode ā€” will auto-shift more frequently than either D or S modes left to ā€œfake shiftā€ on their own. It feels like the motor spends more time in the torque peak, then, when itā€™s automatically micro-adjusting ratios instead of stepping between 7 ratios.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
It might also be worth noting (depending on how different the sport/S programming is for this car) that in the last 2 generations of the civic with the CVT the slowest 0-60 times came using S mode. While S mode does alter throttle response and keep the transmission in a lower gear for higher revving, it's best used when already cruising (hill climbs and passing). The best 0-60 times came from using regular D or L modes which seems backwards in theory, but in multiple tests resulted in a quicker 0-60 time.

Again, this might be totally different for the Integra, but it's worth possibly testing out the various transmission modes to see which actually nets the best 0-60 time. Of all the Integra reviews I watched 7.1 seconds seemed to be the best time they could manage with 8+ seconds being the worst times. My 2019 ex coupe does the run in about 6.7 seconds in good conditions (not too hot outside, lower humidity) with the CVT and 174hp (which we know was under rated and is closer to 200hp at the crank). So the heavier Integra doing the run in around 7 seconds (about the same as the 10th gen sport touring CVT) seems to be a realistic figure.

Good news being, a very modest hondata or ktuner tweak could easily bump that number down into the low to mid 6 range without adding much additional stress to the engine or transmission... and for many the features and refinement justify the price, I can't help but feel that $36k+ should command a bit more speed stock, however, given the many other options at that price point that have more power, but clearly the focus on the integra was it's handling, fun to drive nature, and feature content, which for most people is a fair trade-off as most people aren't drag racing daily from stop lights lol.