• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Si (sold) 2020 Type R (sold) 1994 Honda Acty
The RSX made the same power in 2006 the new Si is making and it did it NA. I'd say it was a pretty stout engine.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're really complaining about 1in wider and 2 longer? lol

1" wider 2" longer = Bigger/Heavier

So it is in fact a bigger/heavier car with the same powertrain, out put and brakes.

Not complaining, stating facts.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
The RSX made the same power in 2006 the new Si is making and it did it NA. I'd say it was a pretty stout engine.
No, the Type-S did. The base RSX was the same 160 as the 2002 Si matched to a dog automatic and another 100-200lbs.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No, the Type-S did. The base RSX was the same 160 as the 2002 Si matched to a dog automatic and another 100-200lbs.
I'm obviously talking about the Type S.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
1" wider 2" longer = Bigger/Heavier

So it is in fact a bigger/heavier car with the same powertrain, out put and brakes.

Not complaining, stating facts.
You DO know you can make things bigger and NOT increase weight much, just because the dimensions change right?

Let me guess you're one of those guys that blames losing a race on how much gas you have in the tank.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I'm obviously talking about the Type S.
Why would you talk about the RSX type S when we are clearly talking about new base integra vs new Si? The obvious direct conversion would be base RSX to same gen Si.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was comparing the old Type S to todays performance numbers. A 20 year old Integra (Type S OMG) is making the same power that a 2022 model Si. Looking at that it's crazy how good the Type S was power wise.

You DO know you can make things bigger and NOT increase weight much, just because the dimensions change right?

Let me guess you're one of those guys that blames losing a race on how much gas you have in the tank.

Looks it up, all the "features" the Integra is getting will add weight. The added size is not helping. Your just being a dick, it's cool.

The Integra WILL be heavier than the Civic and it is CONFIRMED to have the same EXACT powertrain, output and brakes. Those are FACTS.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I guess every forum has to have the naysayers and one uppers. If you are disappointed with the car....leave the forum? I don't get the desire to have to prove a point.

It's all fun and games. I am holding out hope Honda brings the heat with the Type S. I dig the design and would love white with red interior.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not really.

Honestly curious why you think they didn't? I've actually owned one, never handled like a regular double wishbone Honda. They also made changed to the front suspension on the 05-06 so many people complained.

No, it wasn’t obvious!
I stated 200HP, I thought anyone one a Honda based forum would know the standard model did not come with that. My bad.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
I guess every forum has to have the naysayers and one uppers. If you are disappointed with the car....leave the forum? I don't get the desire to have to prove a point.
I literally just discovered the “ignore button. So far it’s lead to a much smoother experience for us who just wanna chat about the car, the order process, etc..

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I was comparing the old Type S to todays performance numbers. A 20 year old Integra (Type S OMG) is making the same power that a 2022 model Si. Looking at that it's crazy how good the Type S was power wise.

Looks it up, all the "features" the Integra is getting will add weight. The added size is not helping. Your just being a dick, it's cool.

The Integra WILL be heavier than the Civic and it is CONFIRMED to have the same EXACT powertrain, output and brakes. Those are FACTS.
I see that as how BAD todays number are if you were comparing apples to apples. But your also ignoring that the new cars gets better MPG, uses 3/4 the engine displacement, makes lots more TQ, and has a larger power band. Leaving out the fact the engine actually dynos higher than its rating.

And my point is your complaining about what's probably going to be maybe 150lbs? That's literally not even a drivers race difference at the track, so how much does it matter? None.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They can waste money on 16 speakers, including two in the headliner, that no one needs or wants, but can't include a cheap CD player. I know, get with the times, blah, blah, blah. Oh, and spend money to pump in artificial noise.

I hope they don't ruin the CR-V and Accord with that vent mesh panel nonsense.