• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

1.5L TurboCharged Engine a ticking bomb?

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
It’s literally the same exact engine and transmission out of the Civic Si which has a boost gauge.
Absolutely correct. And people who care to can monitor the Integra's boost like I do with apps like Torque. My point is about Honda's confidence in the engine's reliability:

If someone like my wife bought an Integra, knowing nothing and carrying even less about cars and engines, she'd drive it like she would any other engine. Given that Honda doesn't tell that kind of buyer to be extra careful with the turbo suggests to me that Honda has enough confidence in the Integra's factory setup to be ok with that.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
thanks for the reassurance! Do you often drive it hard? I usually grandma it but if i need to pass someone i stomp on the acceleration lol but yeah would have been great if they gave us a 2.0l turbocharger that would be a beast! I was gonna do a hondata tune but maybe not for now since car is new :)
I drive my Integra aggressively on twisty roads whenever I can, always when the engine is fully warmed up. The engine doesn't seem to mind at all, which is good since it really wakes up over 5k rpm!

My favorite stretch has over 100 miles of twisty, hilly road that I drive hard at high speed and rpm, with a lot of hard acceleration out of corners, up hills, and pushing to overtake slower traffic. Then I turn around and do it in the other direction going home.

Despite that kind of fun, over 15,000 miles so far I haven't detected any oil consumption at all between oil changes.

It's only one data point, and an indirect observation at that, but to me it suggests that the engine is healthy and doesn't mind the workouts, once properly warmed up.

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I drive my Integra aggressively on twisty roads whenever I can, always when the engine is fully warmed up. The engine doesn't seem to mind at all, which is good since it really wakes up over 5k rpm!

My favorite stretch has over 100 miles of twisty, hilly road that I drive hard at high speed and rpm, with a lot of hard acceleration out of corners, up hills, and pushing to overtake slower traffic. Then I turn around and do it in the other direction going home.

Despite that kind of fun, over 15,000 miles so far I haven't detected any oil consumption at all between oil changes.

It's only one data point, and an indirect observation at that, but to me it suggests that the engine is healthy and doesn't mind the workouts, once properly warmed up.
Thats really good to know!i also enjoy overtaking slow traffic and hitting those corners a bit bit harder. For the time being its honestly enough and dont need a tune, but you know, wouldnt hurt to get another 30 plus hp :) ill do that probably when my warrenty expires!

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Wouldn't the previous Gen Civic and CRV engine longevity give us some clue? Both had 1.5T options. My '17 CRV never had the oil cunsumption and is at 80k. I did a search a while back and there is plenty of 1.5T Civics out there that made it well past 100k. I think these engines will last. Plus if you can't drive your Integra aggressively then what is the point?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Hey thanks for the reply. The funny thjng is he made a video about how great the 2023 integra was just a month or two ago and now hes stomping on it xD i cant believe he has the fan base that he has with his daily "this will change the entire car insustry" videos lololol
Guys a hack. He doesn’t have a consistent base. He relies on the algorithm. That’s why he has dramatic shifts in opinion. The 1.5 is fine. Even with a turbo.

LCM23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A Spec Tech 6MT
Did you just take what Kilmer says is bible? LOL no seriously did you? You know these youtubers do a lot of click bait just to get views. And he obviously got yours making you think you just bought an unreliable car

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Did you just take what Kilmer says is bible? LOL no seriously did you? You know these youtubers do a lot of click bait just to get views. And he obviously got yours making you think you just bought an unreliable car
Maybe calm down a bit xD i found the answer long ago. Not that into cars so I didnt know better! But thanks for being so nice about it :)