• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Long(er) term impressions

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I think this is probably why we disagreed on the 6MT in the 981... I prefer that clickity-snickity, and I do wish the shifter in the ITS was a little more firm. (Not to say it isn't great.) I've got a set of Acuity cable and base bushings, and I'm planning on their rocker arm once it's available. I think that should "tighten the screws" just enough for me.
I think this shifter slightly edges out the one in the 981, and is at least on par with the one in the 718. Hands down better than any 7 speed 911 (actually haven't driven a 6 speed 911...), or BMW I've driven. I just think that any more feedback or rigidity would make it distractingly difficult to get into gear, and I'm enjoying the combination of "mechanical" feedback and smoothness. I love it. Wouldn't change a thing.

I also agree with how compliant the car is when you want it to be. But still somehow manages to make mundane drives just that bit more fun. Truly a remarkable car- and over a 50% discount to the last fun car I had, plus I can get my dog in it and drive it to customer sites without feeling like a douche.

I think my days of trying to force a dedicated sports car as a daily are over. This thing really does do it all... for now, at least.

I'm signed up for the next PCA autocross event I could get into, on September 2nd. I'll definitely report back after that, see how it fares in a bit of light motorsports work.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I think this shifter slightly edges out the one in the 981, and is at least on par with the one in the 718. Hands down better than any 7 speed 911 (actually haven't driven a 6 speed 911...), or BMW I've driven. I just think that any more feedback or rigidity would make it distractingly difficult to get into gear, and I'm enjoying the combination of "mechanical" feedback and smoothness. I love it. Wouldn't change a thing.

I also agree with how compliant the car is when you want it to be. But still somehow manages to make mundane drives just that bit more fun. Truly a remarkable car- and over a 50% discount to the last fun car I had, plus I can get my dog in it and drive it to customer sites without feeling like a douche.

I think my days of trying to force a dedicated sports car as a daily are over. This thing really does do it all... for now, at least.

I'm signed up for the next PCA autocross event I could get into, on September 2nd. I'll definitely report back after that, see how it fares in a bit of light motorsports work.
A photo I found of one doing it all. 😂

IMG_2348.png

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Holy hell, I have never ever heard so many rattles in a new car in my life. I totally understand this is likely not the case for everyone, but it is for me. I'll link some videos shortly showcasing a few that I am trying to get rid of now. I already took the seatbelt shoulder sliders a part on both driver and passenger side to reduce some of the buzzing In my ears, but it's like wack-a-mole in this car with rattles. You find one and three more show up. This is, by far, my biggest gripe with the car overall. If I wasn't battling these rattles, I would be so much happier with my purchase. But when I hear them, I am immediately reminded that I paid $54k for this car and I don't feel awesome about it.
eculley
May I ask what if any accessories the dealership installed? I do NOT want them installing any of the accessories on my pre-order as the door sill trim and even the carbon fiber spoiler requires internal clip removal for the plastic coverings and that almost never is as tight as it was from the factory.. I will let you know if mine has any noise issues with the dealer NOT installing any accessories..

OP
OP
eculley

eculley

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I walk.
eculley
May I ask what if any accessories the dealership installed? I do NOT want them installing any of the accessories on my pre-order as the door sill trim and even the carbon fiber spoiler requires internal clip removal for the plastic coverings and that almost never is as tight as it was from the factory.. I will let you know if mine has any noise issues with the dealer NOT installing any accessories..
I got the car with tint, wheel locks and all weather mats.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah a few more drives in, sitting at a little over 200 miles now, and the noises come and go. Definitely not enough to be a significant distraction, especially with the way I drive this car.

Speaking of which, let me double down on the ELS momentarily- it appears most everyone is raving about the stereo, and I hate to admit I'm not all that impressed. It has to be a subliminal comparison to the wife's Burmester... but I almost am convinced the Bose in my Boxster was better. Many Porsche people shit on the Bose in the Boxster but I always thought it was perfectly adequate, if not downright decent, and I got in countless Rennlist battles defending it.. but the ELS is maybe about on par with it? Some songs it sounds good but others leaves me wondering about the unanimous praise.

Am I missing anything with how I have it set up? I've played with DTS Neural and don't really have a preference... I've played with the treble/mid/bass settings too and can't seem to find a tune that I like. Savagegeese even said in their review that it's "bass heavy", but even when I have the bass turned up all the way and I feel like it doesn't sound like a 400+ watt stereo with a sub. I have to turn the bass down in the Burmester because it is straight up overwhelming (the Burmester is 1000 watts though...). I was expecting at least some of that in this car based on reviews and I'm not getting it. It's not bad by any means, but I think my expectations may have been a little too high...

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
Yeah a few more drives in, sitting at a little over 200 miles now, and the noises come and go. Definitely not enough to be a significant distraction, especially with the way I drive this car.

Speaking of which, let me double down on the ELS momentarily- it appears most everyone is raving about the stereo, and I hate to admit I'm not all that impressed. It has to be a subliminal comparison to the wife's Burmester... but I almost am convinced the Bose in my Boxster was better. Many Porsche people shit on the Bose in the Boxster but I always thought it was perfectly adequate, if not downright decent, and I got in countless Rennlist battles defending it.. but the ELS is maybe about on par with it? Some songs it sounds good but others leaves me wondering about the unanimous praise.

Am I missing anything with how I have it set up? I've played with DTS Neural and don't really have a preference... I've played with the treble/mid/bass settings too and can't seem to find a tune that I like. Savagegeese even said in their review that it's "bass heavy", but even when I have the bass turned up all the way and I feel like it doesn't sound like a 400+ watt stereo with a sub. I have to turn the bass down in the Burmester because it is straight up overwhelming (the Burmester is 1000 watts though...). I was expecting at least some of that in this car based on reviews and I'm not getting it. It's not bad by any means, but I think my expectations may have been a little too high...
Have you tried playing the same music from the same source on the ITS and then in the Porsche. It might help identify the frequency range that isnt meeting your expectations.

I must say, that my expectations for sound quality has declined as I've aged.....I can now get by with high frequencies that are under over 7k or 8k and be perfectly happy. I find that low frequency from most cars gets "muddy", and felt the ELS was okay.....but I'd have disappointed if I'd paid a premium.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Figure I'll add my 2 cents into this thread.
I'm coming from a Aspec with 20k miles.
Seats seem to have more padding in bottom of the seat and back of the seat. Bolstering feels the same because of this padding but it could my lumbar pushing me forward some.
Steering in sport + is super tight at low speed and almost feels like you don't have power steering.lol
Clutch travel is much less and firmer. Not as lurchy when in a lower gear and getting on and off throttle without using the clutch.
Front differential is amazing when your punching it you really feel the mechanical magic at work.

I reved it in front of the dealership and I could get some serious pops and bangs once you get it in the sweet spot. You need to be in the 3500 rpm range when getting off the throttle.

So far it feels much more connected and substantial on the road. The premium is worth it.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Very happy to hear this comparison between A Spec and Type S. I'd like tighter steering but love my light clutch in Philly traffic.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Very happy to hear this comparison between A Spec and Type S. I'd like tighter steering but love my light clutch in Philly traffic.
I would say the clutch is easier in traffic with the type s since it doesn't need to travel as much. It's firmer but not heavy. Feels better built.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would say the clutch is easier in traffic with the type s since it doesn't need to travel as much. It's firmer but not heavy. Feels better built.
I'll echo that this car is remarkably easy to drive in traffic. It's been a little while since I daily'd a manual, but I don't remember any car being this intuitive. And I've only had it a week.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
You guys are reeeeally ramping up the excitement. 🤤 I've been yearning so much that I had to stop by both dealers today just to look the other colors again. The LCM hasn't finished PDI quite yet & the copper wheels weren't installed, so hopefully sometime this week I can return to get some for everyone that's curious. A young couple came up & started asking questions then said "Man, you know a heck lot more than the salesman here." I said any enthusiast probably would really.

OP
OP
eculley

eculley

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I walk.
Well, dealer spent a couple of days trying to knockout some of my rattles by adding a bit of felt tape to the trimmings around the cabin. Long story short, nothing has improved. The rattles I’m getting are apparently not from the cabins trim but rather from the speaker grill and the window switches themselves.

grahm

First Name
Grahm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 RS3, 2023 Type R
Well, dealer spent a couple of days trying to knockout some of my rattles by adding a bit of felt tape to the trimmings around the cabin. Long story short, nothing has improved. The rattles I’m getting are apparently not from the cabins trim but rather from the speaker grill and the window switches themselves.
This is so annoying to me — I really feel like Acura should've figured this out on a car over $50K. Wouldn't stop me from buying, but I drove my Elantra N for 7K miles with no rattles.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
You guys are reeeeally ramping up the excitement. 🤤 I've been yearning so much that I had to stop by both dealers today just to look the other colors again. The LCM hasn't finished PDI quite yet & the copper wheels weren't installed, so hopefully sometime this week I can return to get some for everyone that's curious. A young couple came up & started asking questions then said "Man, you know a heck lot more than the salesman here." I said any enthusiast probably would really.
I'm going to miss driving the car this week.. some how the ECU shipped itself to Cali.