• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

If you were in charge, how would you spec the Type S?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
After driving the Integra recently it got me to thinking about how Acura should spec the Type S (realistically). So keeping in mind the info we have on the Integra models and Si, here's how I'd spec the Type S.

The Integra Type S should be focused on performance and value but not significantly sacrificing comfort. This should be a drivers car first and foremost but a more comfortable daily than CTR.
  • 5k premium over the A Spec 6M
  • TLX base motor /w 272hp
  • Choice of 10 speed AT or 6M
  • adaptive dampers /w Sport mode tuned a bit firmer than A Spec but Comfort slightly softer than CTRs
  • skip AWD but use CTR front suspension to control torque steer
  • moderate upgrade to Tech ELS audio system, but head unit is fine as is
  • manual seats /w adjustable lumbar and no power/memory settings to remove weight/cost
  • 17" or 18" wheels to reduce weight / improve handling, no 19"
  • delete HUD, mirror turn signals, welcome lights in the doors, wifi hotspot, heated steering wheel (CAN), heated rear seats (CAN), ambient lighting, auto-dim mirror, fog lights, parking sensors, etc, i.e. remove the weight and cost of features that don't significantly benefit the driving experience
  • find cost effective ways to make it feel like an Acura inside (e.g. Acura vents, Acura flat bottom steering wheel)

Updates from other posters:
  • 360 camera
  • Brembos
  • Sport+ mode
  • Quad tip exhaust

Last edited:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
  • Based on A Spec Tech
  • 6MT and 10AT, identically equipped
  • 272hp FWD 10AT open diff taken from the TLX
  • 306hp FWD 6MT + LSD with dual axis set up straight out of the CTR
  • 19inch 245/35/19
  • TLX brakes for 10AT
  • Brembo front brakes for 6MT
  • Slightly more bolstered front seats
  • Button type gear selector for 10AT
  • GS-R Easter eggs all over the 6MT, or even name the 6MT Type S GS-R lol
  • 38-39K USD MSRP 10AT
  • 42K or a little more than whatever the new Type R ends up costing

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Please add
cooled seats
Surround View Cameras
ELS 3D Signature Sound System

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Please add
cooled seats
Surround View Cameras
ELS 3D Signature Sound System
360 camera is a legit feature.

lol at cooled seats, not much need in Canada

ELS goes without saying. Step up from A Spec tech… few more speakers or something.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
  • TLX 2.0T, 272hp SH-AWD
  • 10-speed sport tuned AT/6-speed MT/LSD
  • Sport+ mode
  • Slightly stiffer, more ridgid suspension with added bracing
  • Brembo brakes
  • 19 inch Type S wheels
  • Type S Quad tip exhaust
  • 16-way front driver seat with thigh support and side bolsters
  • Cooled seats
  • Flat bottom Type S steering wheel
I'd say there's not much else to add over the A-spec tech that isn't performance related since it already comes with a lot of features for the money. I looked at what the TLX A-spec vs the TLX Type S offers and most of it is also just performance based changes.

I really think the biggest addition would be Acura's staple, SH-AWD, which would really make the car special. Of course I don't think it's gonna happen which is a huge shame and disappointment. I'd even be happy if they did lower than 270hp, maybe 255 or 260hp but kept SH-AWD. I just think to separate itself from the Civic it needs something different than FWD. Who wouldn't want a Acura AWD compact liftback with around 250-270hp? It would sell like mad and be fun as hell. Not to mention it's still the Type R 2.0T just detuned. Throw on a tune and unlock the true potential

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
  • TLX 2.0T, 272hp SH-AWD
  • 10-speed sport tuned AT/6-speed MT/LSD
  • Sport+ mode
  • Slightly stiffer, more ridgid suspension with added bracing
  • Brembo brakes
  • 19 inch Type S wheels
  • Type S Quad tip exhaust
  • 16-way front driver seat with thigh support and side bolsters
  • Cooled seats
  • Flat bottom Type S steering wheel
I'd say there's not much else to add over the A-spec tech that isn't performance related since it already comes with a lot of features for the money. I looked at what the TLX A-spec vs the TLX Type S offers and most of it is also just performance based changes.

I really think the biggest addition would be Acura's staple, SH-AWD, which would really make the car special. Of course I don't think it's gonna happen which is a huge shame and disappointment. I'd even be happy if they did lower than 270hp, maybe 255 or 260hp but kept SH-AWD. I just think to separate itself from the Civic it needs something different than FWD. Who wouldn't want a Acura AWD compact liftback with around 250-270hp? It would sell like mad and be fun as hell. Not to mention it's still the Type R 2.0T just detuned. Throw on a tune and unlock the true potential
For the good of the brand, which is arguably the main goal of the Integra if not the Type S at least, they should add AWD. I just don’t want it :)

They should add it because it’s easily one of Acura’s best features. When I think of Acura I think best in class SUVs and SHAWD.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Me? Besides all the features we already have? I’d love to have:

Give me 275 to 325 HP. And I’d love at least a 7200 RPM red line.

Tighter suspension than the new Integra A-Spec but overall 10% less than the Civic Type R 10th gen.

That TLX TS style auto seat back up and auto steering wheel tilt up when exiting the vehicle. Keep the auto mirror tilt down when reversing, but also add a high rez 360 camera.

Quad tip TLX type s style exhaust.

SH-AWD… for competitive performance reasons if not luxury reasons the new Integra Type S will be up against the GR Corolla. It needs SH-AWD for me to completely forget about the GR Corolla option.

NSX style light weight forged wheels. Like the TLX Type S had.

Tidal Wi-Fi high quality audio connection. Also, make sure there is high quality audio lossless codec support via usb c.

Nicer brembro breaks in all four tires.

CTR style MT with rev matching and no lift shifting. An option for a new kick ass dual clutch that does not hold gears and revs them all the way out. Great manual control metal paddles for the auto trans without auto up or down shifting would be amazing. Or perhaps a ZF torque converter auto trans that is a new design on the quality level of the one in the new Supra.

Ventilated front seats.

Heated rear seats.

One touch auto window down and up on back windows.

Power lift gate would be nice. Shoe swipe movement sensor scan to auto close and lock the power lift gate would be wizard.

Power tilt and telescope heated wheel standard.

D shaped wheel like the other Type S cars.

Acura style steering wheel buttons layout not civics.

Nice standard summer tires.

Faster and better and more colorful infotainment, but along the lines of what’s there only better next gen, keep touchscreen.

Update all auto driving safety stuff to the latest Honda stuff, any last minute improvements.

Adjustable bolsters like in the TLX Type S. I basically want those seats lol. They were perfect.

Back seat usb c, back seat vents for my bros on this forum.

Adjustable cup holders in middle arm rest. Not just two holes with two sizes.

No gloss back inside OK? Do anything else. Glad we had this talk.

Acoustic glass in the front row. And the back too, why not both?

Better resolution on back up camera.

Carbon fiber front splitter, roof, rear defuser, side aero, mirror caps, vents, and spoiler.

Back of front wheel add vents to match the vents in front of the wheels already there.

Made mode selector like TLX TS.

Black out lug nuts and badges standard.

A visual mode where the tech or speed or both go left to right.

Keep the weight under 3300 lbs.

Keep the price under $50K USD

Keep the gas usuage about 23/28/33 MPG or better.

Ambient lighting with full RGB.

Illuminated sills.

Puddle light with logo.

Made the initial run with red exterior / black interior / red stitching and also blue exterior / red interior / black stitching.

Consider electric hybrid options for better gas usuage and or AWD via two motors on rear wheels.

RSX and MDX flipable rear floor lid for the lower rear storage area.

This is just me thinking way out of the box, but turn the rear seat bench into a one person centralized deluxe relaxing station seat with two huge arm rests / end table areas on each side to have a caption like chair in the dead center back there that can recline back in the center into the hatch storage area for the ultimate comfort. You could take a nap, play a video game on a monitor via a pair of outlets that run off of the hybrid batteries. I can dream can’t I? Sure you lose a second back seat and any 5th person options but it would be sooooo worth it. Who has that many friends anyway that can’t drive their own car? 3 seats is all I need.

The ability to make me a ham sandwich.

Hover conversion options.

Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need roads.

Listen, I understand that the ham sandwich is just not realistic. There is no James Bond fridge option. But stealth mode and bullet proof glass, that’s another story. And I’m sure there is something I missed. I can’t think of everything.

Last edited:

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I’m sure there is something I missed. I can’t think of everything.
This is pretty inclusive haha. It'll be a nice shopping list to come back to. I'd be surprised to see a single one of the "Big dreams" section end up coming true, but that's the fun of speculation right?

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Idk if anyone has posted this yet, but Johnathan Rivers, the Integra Product Planner, did an AMA a couple days ago on the IntegraTalk forum and he said they have no plans for an AWD Integra.

Also no plans for a hybrid as Acura is skipping hybrids. (Didn't say no plans for an Integra-E of sorts, but it also wasn't directly asked)

He conveniently didn't respond to part of the question about a performance version.

I'd link to the post, but I'm not sure if there's any rules about linking to other forums etc.

missingmyfk8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Acura TSX
Why would you WANT less horsepower? Lol

The Civic Type R was a very comfortable ride. It even has comfort mode.

Why would you ADD audio to the sport model? It has ELS.

And smaller wheels??

Its pretty simple, let the Type S what the Type R is to the SI.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
Oh and does the current new Integra have tire air pressure sensors built in? As there is a TPMS tire sensing option on the build an Integra page at Acura dot com. If not we will need standard tire air pressure sensors in the Integra Type-S for Pete’s sake. And is it a direct tire air pressure sensor inside the tire or an outside the tire software based estimation system? BTW my car will be delivered to my Acura dealers on the first of July. Precision Crafted Performace is within my grasp.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Oh and does the current new Integra have tire air pressure sensors built in? As there is a TPMS tire sensing option on the build an Integra page at Acura dot com. If not we will need standard tire air pressure sensors in the Integra Type-S for Pete’s sake. And is it a direct tire air pressure sensor inside the tire or an outside the tire software based estimation system? BTW my car will be delivered to my Acura dealers on the first of July. Precision Crafted Performace is within my grasp.
I could be mistaken, but I believe there's TPMS built into the stock wheels (at least on the Tech model), but if you buy the 19" wheels, you need to buy TPMS sensors with them.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Why would you WANT less horsepower? Lol

The Civic Type R was a very comfortable ride. It even has comfort mode.

Why would you ADD audio to the sport model? It has ELS.

And smaller wheels??

Its pretty simple, let the Type S what the Type R is to the SI.
Makes sense the ITS would have less HP than the CTR and 272 is what the next closest Honda engine has.

ITS should be more comfortable than the CTR.

ITS should have an upgrade over the ELS in the Tech package.

Smaller wheels gives more sidewall so a better ride. Less weight too so that helps shed a few pounds on a car with a few extra over the Civic models.

Yep, should be a level up over the Integra Tech but performance specs should slot a bit below CTR.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
ITS should have an upgrade over the ELS in the Tech package.
Why would it need better ELS system tho?
It's supposed to be a performance trim.
TLX has the same 17 speaker system in the Type S. MDX Type S does come with better sound system but only in advance trim.
Obviously I can't say anything about how you'd spec the Type S, but I don't think it 'should' have better sound system.