Sponsored


Refresh in 2027 or 2029? What do we know?

dng

Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2023
Threads
1
Messages
16
Reaction score
37
Location
Boston, MA
Car(s)
Honda S2000
On the production question, here's what Acura's dealer inventory feed shows as of today (I run the Type S locator map):

  • No 2027s listed anywhere yet.
  • 222 on dealer lots, down from a peak of 642 in late February.
  • 121 in transit, and nearly all of those first appeared in September/October, so 2026's are still being built and shipped.

So no sign of a production stop yet, but supply on the ground is about a third of what it was in the spring. I'll post on the inventory map thread when I see the first 2027's

Map: https://motoringobsession.com/stock/integra-type-s
Sponsored

 

Victorofhavoc

Senior Member
First Name
Gordan
Joined
Jul 9, 2024
Threads
12
Messages
1,870
Reaction score
1,310
Location
Kansas City
Car(s)
Integra type s
Yeah... but honestly my expectations are all but nonexistent. The FL5 changes are miniscule. I'm guessing some lights and minor interior tweaks- I can't imagine there would be anything substantial and worth upgrading to.

The one thing that would get me to do a double take would be revised seats.

I still don't see a universe where they go through a refresh and only have the car on sale for one year. ZERO SENSE.
Supposedly the Fl5 fascia is different, new longer "splitter" section, and revised front end aero. Probably more ducting and shielding behind the bumper.

Comparing the cars' aero, the type s was always the one with a more intelligent front end design and difference in back wasn't huge between the two (wing vs carbon spoiler). The Fl5 definitely needed some front end revision... The de5 not so much, it needs more cleanup in the rear.

I bet they'll run it for two years and have a "final" few in 2029 that will be 2028 assemblies.

Getting the Fl5 seats in black now that they have heat would be cool, but I bet you could easily retrofit them if that was the thing driving a trade.
 

UWU-mancer

Senior Member
First Name
UWU
Joined
Jul 17, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
933
Reaction score
644
Location
colorado
Car(s)
type s
Supposedly the Fl5 fascia is different, new longer "splitter" section, and revised front end aero. Probably more ducting and shielding behind the bumper.

Comparing the cars' aero, the type s was always the one with a more intelligent front end design and difference in back wasn't huge between the two (wing vs carbon spoiler). The Fl5 definitely needed some front end revision... The de5 not so much, it needs more cleanup in the rear.

I bet they'll run it for two years and have a "final" few in 2029 that will be 2028 assemblies.

Getting the Fl5 seats in black now that they have heat would be cool, but I bet you could easily retrofit them if that was the thing driving a trade.
Might come down to Hondas intention. The type s looks like it got nothing but low speed optimized aero. Where as the fl5 got a good mix of low speed and high speed pieces. I believe this was an attempt to nerf the type s. Stock for stock. If tires are the same. We run the same times. Shouldn’t be a thing considering how much more meat we have in mid rpm’s. But I see it, with sport plus probably being 15-20% softer than plus r. That’s probably good for an extra 0.5 degrees of body roll in the type s

I bet a stock type s with the type r ads is a good bit quicker on track vs a type r. Stock for stock.
 

Rz2Gd

Member
First Name
Nate
Joined
Jul 18, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
19
Reaction score
10
Location
North Mankato, MN
Car(s)
2025 Acura Integra Type S
I love my car, but the rattles... yeah. Annoying part for me is they're all on the passenger side so figuring out whats doing it is difficult.
Same.

All from the passenger side. Maybe some in dash assembly, but even there, more on the passenger side.
Sponsored

 
 





Top