• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type-S Paint Bubbling

Srt//////M3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 set challenger 2016 f80 m3 2020 outlander
All depends on manufacturer ie brand... Can't specifically say acura.. the manufacturer will fix it before it even gets to the dealer., it's not there job to repair a car they didn't damage. It can be up to manufacturer or hauler on how shipping damages get resolved. I know this is different but when bmw's come into (port) gmbh has a service to go thru the cars and fix cosmetic issues that happened in shipping.
I've ran across a couple posts on bimmerpost where people have checked out there cars before the dealer did its new car (check in) seen unreported minor fixed cosmetic damage.
No need to go into your dealer guns blazing just yet, do a bit of research have your facts straight, make sure its a (fix) or a factory paint failure.

Last edited:

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Yeah thats always a risk with shipping, but you just dont expect this on a brand new vehicle...god speed on getting it sorted...

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
As stated by others, if looks like a contamination (oily?) during paint processing. Whether it is primer to metal or paint to primer the outcome is a paint surface that over time will fail.

It looks like bubbles, so the paint color is most likely absent if you tried to polish it out, and it would magnify a color difference and the defect. Remember that while ppf tends to hide minor paint defects ( small stobe chips) it can magnify areas with

Applying ppf over the issue with a good edge wrap would stabilize the paint in its current condition......but if the ppf ever needed to be removed it might cause paint removal due to the potentially lower bond paint strength.

Repainting a lighter colored metallic paint on the upper panel surfaces is nearly impossible to match factory color and look. I would NOT recommend repainting panels or even worse blending. It is what it is, so unless it is a major repaint you' should just live with it.

Note, I walked away on 3 ITS cars I could have purchased bc of glaring paint defects. Yes I'm OCD on paint and body finishes, so as of yet I haven't found one that is acceptable. I have 2 Audis......with basically near flawless paint from the factory.....and both Audis cost less than ITS.

Last edited:

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
As stated by others, if looks like a contamination (oily?) during paint processing. Whether it is primer to metal or paint to primer the outcome is a paint surface that over time will fail.

It looks like bubbles, so rge paint color is most likely absent if you tried to polish it out, and it would magnify a color difference and the defect. Remember that while ppf tends to hide minor paint defects ( small stobe chips) it can magnify areas with

Applying ppf over the issue with a good edge wrap would stabilize the paint in its current condition......but if the ppf ever needed to be removed it might cause paint removal due to the potentially lower bond paint strength.

Repainting a lighter colored metallic paint on the upper panel surfaces is nearly impossible to match factory color and look. I would recommend repainting panels or even worse blending. It is what it is, so unless it is a major repaint you' should just live with it.

Note, I walked away on 3 ITS cars I could have purchased bc of glaring paint defects. Yes I'm OCD on paint and body finishes, so as of yet I haven't found one that is acceptable. I have 2 Audis......with basically near flawless paint from the factory.....and both Audis cost less than ITS.
I did the same ,backed out when told the car was ready for pick up.Acura has shitty paint jobs on the integra and I think alot more people are going to start complaining.A 60k car should not have such obvious issues.I have not seen a single white one that has matching paint on the front and rear bumpers.The car is great but if you buy one get the blue or black.

Srt//////M3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 set challenger 2016 f80 m3 2020 outlander
I did the same ,backed out when told the car was ready for pick up.Acura has shitty paint jobs on the integra and I think alot more people are going to start complaining.A 60k car should not have such obvious issues.I have not seen a single white one that has matching paint on the front and rear bumpers.The car is great but if you buy one get the blue or black.
On no I gotta have white !!! But I understand that bugs me to , it's metallic and pearls over plastic they lay a bit different hence changing the color (to the eye) really stands out on a white backdrop. Look close at white gtr's same scenario

Lflouie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AUDI S4, Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
On no I gotta have white !!! But I understand that bugs me to , it's metallic and pearls over plastic they lay a bit different hence changing the color (to the eye) really stands out on a white backdrop. Look close at white gtr's same scenario
Japanese brands, especially the models produced in the USA, have habitually had difficulties matching metallic paint on plastic parts vs metal body panels. The lighter (less color density- white, silver, gray, and light green or light blue) colors and very high metallic content (silver and gray) excentuates the color mis-match appearances.

The cause is the painting process and part orientation that differs for bumpers and body parts. Even with a good base color match, the high metallic content paints will create a different optical appearance during the painting drying process bc gravity affects the metallic partical orientation......changing the light reflection from the different adjacent plastic and metallic parts.

Surface paint issues, like bubbles, are usually a surface contamination caused defect or an imbeded foreign material is an airborne issue ....in either case it is caused by poor paint application manufacturing processes.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I've noticed a few paint issues that are obviously from the manufacturing process in my plebian white integra. Fortunately they are all in areas that I can touch up with the free pen I got from the dealer after I found bumper damage after getting home that they tried to pin on my drive. Keeping a white car nice is definitely more work than I had thought but a detail every 2 weeks seems to work and shows me any issues that may have developed.

Shnarf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I have rust under the rear backglass. Two very visible spots. Is this common with new cars? I have only seen this once with a civic rear lift gate, turned out to be a recall.
if it’s around that channel around the rear hatch glass, yes I’ve noticed that too. I’m going to try an iron remover first before I bring it back to the dealer.

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
if it’s around that channel around the rear hatch glass, yes I’ve noticed that too. I’m going to try an iron remover first before I bring it back to the dealer.
I work for an autoglass company. I will take it in to see if they feel the glass needs to be removed. They experience these issues regularly. Will reply-post once I get a response from them.