• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tuning a new car?

OP
OP

soloist80

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A Spec w/ Tech 6MT PWP/Orchid
The Phearable tune is indeed set and forget. It’s locked so not much if anything can be user adjusted. I leave the v1.2 in so it saves map2 when I start the car each time and that’s it.

The base Ktuner maps are what he’s tinkering with. To the benefit of us all :). You can set and forget those too. But unlike Phearable, they are fully opened and able to be altered.
Ahhh, ok. This makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Yep. I believe they can see the flash count. But I don’t think they would bother to check unless it was a big warranty claim that was engine/transmission related.

Even then it’s up to the individual dealer. When I had my RSX type s, I had a clogged iac valve. I was HEAVILY modified, had a throttle body spacer, different intake manifold, CAI. Everything around the throttle body was after market. And my tune was revving to 9300 rpm’s.

They couldn’t definitively determine if the oil making the valve stick was from the intake filter or blow by from the pcv system. So they replaced the entire throttle body under warranty. And they did it on their own. I didn’t even ask. That act 15 years ago is why I bought Tegs from them. Even though it was way out of my way.
I kind of figured there are "mod friendly" dealers in the Honda/Acura space as there are with VW or Subaru. I guess I'll just need to ask around for one in SoCal.

Also, I just ordered my KTuner with Phearable Stg 1.5R software. I'm really glad I waited to order as it looks like they're now including the Phearable software for FREE now, so I just paid $449 + $15 shipping for the v1.2. Very much looking forward to this!

Thanks to RRP RSX-S and RB2490 for all your help/info!

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic si 2017
Yeah, I don't plan to thrash on the car at all and I've also had tuned cars go to the dealership without issue, however, this is my first Honda/Acura product and I don't know how strict they are regarding tunes. Your answer does put me at ease a bit.

Thanks for answering all my questions. Much appreciated!
It's depend from your dealer, some are nice some are trash. Well I bought my si from an other dealer from where I do my maintenance... I switched because where I did buy my cars they told me with some mods they could flag me. With my si 2017 I'm tune since 4 years and they all warranty my car. They only look when you have a major engine failure. My dealer know I'm tune and they don't look when you do oil change and normal service. We have many stories on civic x forum but I think our dealer can be both side. I just do all my maintenance at the dealer and do my oil change between 40 to 50 % and they take care of me. Be nice and they should do the same.

Subby625

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 2023
The Phearable tune is indeed set and forget. It’s locked so not much if anything can be user adjusted. I leave the v1.2 in so it saves map2 when I start the car each time and that’s it.

The base Ktuner maps are what he’s tinkering with. To the benefit of us all :). You can set and forget those too. But unlike Phearable, they are fully opened and able to be altered.
This is obviously an older thread, but just came across it looking around at tunes. I'm considering the Ktuner v1.2 with Pherable 1.5, I notice that Pherable doesn't have an 18 PSI tune, and jumps right to 23 PSI, is this safe? I'm very new to tuning and looking for really just a plug and play option that is going to give me a bit of a power boost.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
This is obviously an older thread, but just came across it looking around at tunes. I'm considering the Ktuner v1.2 with Pherable 1.5, I notice that Pherable doesn't have an 18 PSI tune, and jumps right to 23 PSI, is this safe? I'm very new to tuning and looking for really just a plug and play option that is going to give me a bit of a power boost.
So far so good. That’s the only map I run.