• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trading in my new Lexus for an ITS

OP
OP

2024ITS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Thanks, but coming from where I’ve been, anything less than Type S is a non starter.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, listening to other’s opinions is appreciated.

Regarding the situation, selling my new Lexus and taking a hit on it is not the worst thing. The Lexus is really not a bad car, and there are things I really like about it, but in the end I’m left wanting something more engaging.

That brings me to the ITS, it’s not exactly what I would prefer, but at this point it’s really the only game in town in this segment. In a perfect world, I’d prefer it to be 400 lbs lighter, and with a normally aspirated V6 of similar hp that ran on 87 octane.

So, considering the current environment of EV’s, having a new model like this is practically a godsend.

I saw that some previous posters have suggested a bigger/heavier/more powerful car, but for my needs with this, that is definitely not me.

A little about me, I’m probably a little older than most folks here and have been playing around with cars since I was 16, so I’m probably outside of Acura’s targeted demographic. Here’s a pic from the mid-nineties. I bought this car new when I was 30 and tracked it throughout the northeast with SCCA, so much fun I truly miss it.

Thanks again for everyone’s comments. I’ll try to get to a dealership next week when I get home from vacation and take a closer look at an ITS.

F17629A7-C68C-4D7F-9926-6F4C67A73569.jpeg
Do you still have the RX7 or just the Lexus? Keep the Lexus for your wife and get a BRZ/G86?

OP
OP

2024ITS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Nope, the RX7 is long gone, that was almost 30 years ago! It’s been replaced by other fast cars over the years and at this point I have a mini fleet, although none of them are daily drivers. What I really need now is a four door for daily driving.

Btw, the RX was simply incredible, and without a doubt the best sports car I’ve ever owned. If they still made them today I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

Integrablue77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec
Those are two completely different cars. The ES350 is quiet, soft riding and great for driving slow. The integra is sportier and faster but not nearly as comfortable.

I just got an es350 and I love it but I still plan on getting another integra eventually.

OP
OP

2024ITS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Took one for a test drive, I like it a lot. Some torque steer when it was trying to hook in 1st/2nd, but overall very manageable. Here’s a pic with the Lexus in the background. I wanted to get a side by side feel for the size difference. Overall length, wheelbase, and overhang all a bit larger on the Buick (oops, I meant Lexus 😂)
My ending impressions, this is like going from xanex to a dose of cappuccino.
Here’s a pic of the one I drove, the Lexus is behind it.
260C6196-8676-480C-BA13-75EA7CF73EA4.jpeg