• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Traded '24 Corolla GR Premium on '24 Integra Type S yesterday

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6M
Good morning guys and gals! New poster and new ITS owner as of yesterday afternoon. Traded a beautiful red '24 GR Premium in on the white with black/red interior Type S at my local dealer in Plano, TX.

So....why you may ask? I know some of you have driven and/or owned both. So, comments may be similar. I have like 55 miles on the ITS, so not fully baked yet, but took a few corners and did a couple short pulls through the middle part of the powerband while rolling up to 4k or so. Obviously, still breaking in the ITS.

Corolla Pros:
1. Very nimble
2. Short wheelbase
3. Awesome turbo 3 cylinder that feels very strong and overbuilt, pulls quite hard all the way to 143mph electronic governor. Sucker squirts through traffic with 25.2psi of stock boost.
4. Nice sound
5. Brakes great.
6. Suspension almost feels like aftermarket coilovers. Very buttoned down and stiff, yet liveable for around town
7. Zero issues, squeaks, rattles, anything. Solid build quality and attention to detail out of the Motomachi factory in Japan.
8. AWD grip, zero torque steer or traction issues (big plus for those of y'all up north)

Corolla Cons:
1. Tight interior (especially rear seats)
2. Cheaper interior
3. Minimal space in cargo hold
4. Looks a little toyish/childish with smaller hatchback configuration (I just turned 47). :)
5. Radio kind of sucks
6. No ambient lighting, almost no buttons are backlit.
7. Shifter is a bit notchy and launches are fairly tricky (either burn the clutch or "abuse" it. Hard to find middle ground).

Integra Type S Pros (compared to GR):
1. better ride quality
2. adjustable electronic suspension
3. much nicer interior
4. shifter is like butta
5. stereo is better
6. engine feels just as strong, if not stronger. Maybe a little less overall "character" compared to that turbo triple, but still an awesome engine obviously K20C1.
7. Much bigger backseat area, legroom
8. Hatch can swallow a lot more cargo (i.e., I can take my wife, two young boys, and our luggage from Dallas to Corpus Christi, Houston, etc.)
9. Wider, better tires stock (4S versus normal Michelin 4's)
10. Feels like a more grown-up hot hatch (again, just turned 47. :D)
11. Quieter inside and on highway road trips.
12. Higher top speed (167 supposedly versus 143 electronic limited). Uncorked I think the GR would do 155-160mph. It's a little beast.

Integra Type S Cons (compared to GR):
1. FWD versus a great AWD set-up. As good as the helical limited slip and dual axis suspension is at mitigating torque steer, etc., it's still FWD. :D
2. Not as flickable around town due to longer wheel base and FWD set-up. GR felt more like a go-kart and is arguably more fun to zip around town in, but admittedly haven't flogged the ITS yet. But, I think my comment will stand. That said, both very fun cars obviously!!!
3. A bit more grown-up/boring looking compared to the pocket rocket GR.
4. More expensive. Paid about $12k plus my '24 GR Premium to trade up. Worth it to me though overall obviously.
5. Engine sound maybe not quite as exciting at the GR 3 cylinder, but still good.

That's all I got for now. Attached is a very crappy pics (it was raining yesterday). In one of the pictures, you can see my red GR in the background. I'll miss it, but I think the ITS is a better car for the long haul as my primary evening/weekend driver (got a '22 BRZ six-speed, CT5-V Blackwing six-speed, and '10 C6 ZR1 as well) and then my '23 3.0 Duramax LTZ work truck during the week. Very happy to add the ITS to the stable. My wife will like it better too as it's more "comfy." :D

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I'm curious to know if your Blackwing would overlap with the ITS for daily duty. In my mind, you'd have both but swap cars based off the desire to have more of a scalpel vs a cleaver experience.

OP
OP

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm curious to know if your Blackwing would overlap with the ITS for daily duty. In my mind, you'd have both but swap cars based off the desire to have more of a scalpel vs a cleaver experience.
For sure. The 5BW can very easily be a nice daily driver and it is every bit as sophisticated (even moreso) than the ITS, but with rear wheel drive and more than double the hp and torque.

My ZR1 and the 5BW are part of my ā€œpermanentā€ keepers so I donā€™t rack up a ton of miles on them. Iā€™ll drive the 5BW twice a month or so and also take it on rallyā€™s etc. (just took it on a 1,200 mile rally with cars delivered to Colorado Springs and ending in Vegas. Car was unreal on open desert roads and back roads zig zagging thru AZ, UT, CO, and NV).

The ITS is more of a weekend daily and I already love it for what it is. Honda/Acura did an awesome job with this car. Choosing between them isnā€™t so much scalpel vs cleaver, but moreso very quality pistol versus bazooka with laser tracking. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
Good morning guys and gals! New poster and new ITS owner as of yesterday afternoon. Traded a beautiful red '24 GR Premium in on the white with black/red interior Type S at my local dealer in Plano, TX.

So....why you may ask? I know some of you have driven and/or owned both. So, comments may be similar. I have like 55 miles on the ITS, so not fully baked yet, but took a few corners and did a couple short pulls through the middle part of the powerband while rolling up to 4k or so. Obviously, still breaking in the ITS.

Corolla Pros:
1. Very nimble
2. Short wheelbase
3. Awesome turbo 3 cylinder that feels very strong and overbuilt, pulls quite hard all the way to 143mph electronic governor. Sucker squirts through traffic with 25.2psi of stock boost.
4. Nice sound
5. Brakes great.
6. Suspension almost feels like aftermarket coilovers. Very buttoned down and stiff, yet liveable for around town
7. Zero issues, squeaks, rattles, anything. Solid build quality and attention to detail out of the Motomachi factory in Japan.
8. AWD grip, zero torque steer or traction issues (big plus for those of y'all up north)

Corolla Cons:
2. Cheaper interior
4. Looks a little toyish/childish with smaller hatchback configuration (I just turned 47). :)
5. Radio kind of sucks
7. Shifter is a bit notchy and launches are fairly tricky (either burn the clutch or "abuse" it. Hard to find middle ground).

1. better ride quality
3. much nicer interior
4. shifter is like butta
5. stereo is better
6. engine feels just as strong, if not stronger. Maybe a little less overall "character" compared to that turbo triple, but still an awesome engine obviously K20C1.
8. Hatch can swallow a lot more cargo (i.e., I can take my wife, two young boys, and our luggage from Dallas to Corpus Christi, Houston, etc.)
12. Higher top speed (167 supposedly versus 143 electronic limited). Uncorked I think the GR would do 155-160mph. It's a little beast.

1. FWD versus a great AWD set-up. As good as the helical limited slip and dual axis suspension is at mitigating torque steer, etc., it's still FWD. :D
2. Not as flickable around town due to longer wheel base and FWD set-up. GR felt more like a go-kart and is arguably more fun to zip around town in, but admittedly haven't flogged the ITS yet. But, I think my comment will stand. That said, both very fun cars obviously!!!
4. More expensive. Paid about $12k plus my '24 GR Premium to trade up. Worth it to me though overall obviously.
5. Engine sound maybe not quite as exciting at the GR 3 cylinder, but still good.

That's all I got for now. Attached is a very crappy pics (it was raining yesterday). In one of the pictures, you can see my red GR in the background. I'll miss it, but I think the ITS is a better car for the long haul as my primary evening/weekend driver (got a '22 BRZ six-speed, CT5-V Blackwing six-speed, and '10 C6 ZR1 as well) and then my '23 3.0 Duramax LTZ work truck during the week. Very happy to add the ITS to the stable. My wife will like it better too as it's more "comfy." :D

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Thanks for posting this and please follow up when you have more miles on the ITS.

I still have a GR Corolla on order but, likely wonā€™t see it until the end of the year. I also havenā€™t purchased an ITS/CTR yet but, that may be coming soon.

Mike

PizzaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I chose the ITS over the GR Corolla for a lot of the same reasons. I think if the GR Corolla was a little bigger to better handle dad duty, I may have gone with that over the ITS (but if it were bigger, maybe it would lose some of its character). But I certainly have been enjoying the more premium features that the ITS has over the GR Corolla so I might have difficulty switching at this point. Still though when I see a GR Corolla I think about what could have been šŸ˜†

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Welcome. Dang you have all the nice toys.

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
Drove GRC for 2 weeks and put down deposit for FL5. Traded GRC after 5 months for DE5.

Honestly cannot say I liked anything about the GRC.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX

Corolla Pros:
1. Very nimble
2. Short wheelbase
4. Nice sound
5. Brakes great.

Corolla Cons:
2. Cheaper interior
5. Radio kind of sucks

1. better ride quality
3. much nicer interior
4. shifter is like butta
5. stereo is better

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Excellent choice. you will love this car. I still love it going on 6 months. Zero regrets

OP
OP

QUIKAG

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Drove GRC for 2 weeks and put down deposit for FL5. Traded GRC after 5 months for DE5.

Honestly cannot say I liked anything about the GRC.
Ouch, I really like the GRC, it just wasn't going to work long term for the reason I needed a evening/weekend haul family around while having fun sedan. The suspension, that amazing 3 cylinder turbo, the brakes, the nimble/go-kart like handling were a blast. One thing I neglected to mention and I'm hopeful the DE5 will be similar is the high speed stability. It was amazing, like going through a long sweeper at 130mph was a one hand type affair. Going down the highway at 110-120mph was also a one hand cruise. It just felt glued to the ground with rock solid stability. Top speed of 147mph indicated and 143 electronically limited was borderline boring.

Even though I only drove it 1,500 miles before getting the DE5, I will remember the fond memories for a long time.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Nice pick up! I got the ITs for many of the same reason I can throw the family in it and makes driving to some of these kids sports just a bit more fun! Youā€™ll enjoy the itā€™s in traffic she does very well in triples and cutting up b roads. Enjoy it.