• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

To Rev Match or Not to Rev Match?

VBinNV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Mazda3 iGT 6MT
Thank you so very much for that clarification - that helps a lot, and I think it eases my mind as well! One more clarification needed please: So, I do not downshift any differently than I do with my present non-rev matching Mazda Miata 6-speed manual? THANKS!
If you're blipping the throttle when you downshift in the Miata, that will be unnecessary in the Integra. If you're not (and it's really unnecessary in the Miata unless you're doing heavy-duty engine braking) then downshifts will be the same [clutch in-throttle off-downshift-clutch release]. You'll probably notice that they are smoother in the Integra (I've driven the Miata but not the Integra).

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
I turned it off in my test drive, the salesman didn’t know how to turn it off so I went through all the menus until I found it.

with it off, it’s like any other manual car. I generally don’t like auto rev match because of muscle memory, I always end up doing double as others mentioned