• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Swapping Rear USB-A Ports to USB-C

Wavy

First Name
Adonis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-Spec w/Tech
Hey guys I recently watched this video (video is linked below) where someone installed USB-C ports in the rear of their CRV. I have an Acura Integra A-Spec w/Tech that has two USB-A ports in the rear. I would like to just switch out my USB-A ports to USB-C, would this be possible/compatible? I know the 2024 Acura A-Spec w/Tech now come with USB-C's in the rear so I'm thinking it's definitely possible but I want to be sure before I buy the part. The part is listed below as well, thanks everyone!

Video:
Link to Youtube Video

Part:
https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08U57-3A0-100.html

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Yep. It's a Acura part if you look at dreamshop. I think the 2024s now come with USB C in the rear

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Can anybody find us the part number for that harness?

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I think the harness is the same its the '24 USB C unit that you would need
1694521655575.png

OP
OP
Wavy

Wavy

First Name
Adonis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-Spec w/Tech
https://dreamshop.honda.com/
has all the schematics
Actually '23 Lists both a regular USB and USB C. Interesting maybe they planned to release A Spec Tech with USB C but never did
1694521860368.png
Agreed, I noticed itā€™s listed for the 2023 as well and says itā€™s compatible with my car. Someone else was asking about a harness, do I need one? Since I already have USB-Aā€™s in the rear thereā€™s already a harness and wiring. I thought I would just pop the USB-Aā€™s off and just plug in the USB-C module, hmmm what do you think?

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
From the way I read the schematics it should be just the USB -> USB-C unit swap, harness is the same for both.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
https://dreamshop.honda.com/
has all the schematics
Actually '23 Lists both a regular USB and USB C. Interesting maybe they planned to release A Spec Tech with USB C but never did
Redline Review's first look at the '23 A-Spec + Tech highlighted that there were USB-C's in the back, but they were dropped for USB-A's by delivery time--probably one of those opportunities for improvement Honda likes to create for itself. Or a parts shortage. Take your pick.

OP
OP
Wavy

Wavy

First Name
Adonis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-Spec w/Tech
From the way I read the schematics it should be just the USB -> USB-C unit swap, harness is the same for both.
Copy thanks for all the help man, do you know if it comes with instructions? Iā€™ve never ordered from the dream shop website

OP
OP
Wavy

Wavy

First Name
Adonis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra A-Spec w/Tech
Redline Review's first look at the '23 A-Spec + Tech highlighted that there were USB-C's in the back, but they were dropped for USB-A's by delivery time--probably one of those opportunities for improvement Honda likes to create for itself. Or a parts shortage. Take your pick.
Wow thatā€™s interesting lol freaking Honda man :/ I mean itā€™s not that big a deal but come on just give it to us šŸ˜‚ definitely shouldā€™ve gave us some rear vents too

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
Personally I think it makes sense for the port in the car to stay USB-A, as it's a larger connector that is more solid and firm. The USB-C connector is so small it can wiggle a little bit over time and make a less solid connection. Fine for the device side of things where you need it to be small but why bother with the car side of things?

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Wow thatā€™s interesting lol freaking Honda man :/ I mean itā€™s not that big a deal but come on just give it to us šŸ˜‚ definitely shouldā€™ve gave us some rear vents too
By the way, I guess we have rear ducts ?

1694541103688.png

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Seems like a cool idea to put the usb C in the back , but like someone stated earlier. Usb c is not as firm as usbA and since Iā€™m using the rear chargers for my kids to use when on their phones, I think Iā€™ll leave em as is since itā€™s more sturdyā€¦.But I would really like for our apple car play to be usb c , and not usbA. I know we have wireless CarPlay but it does lag on YouTube and Iā€™d rather have a usbC connected and have Zero lag/Delay in the front.