• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Steering Wheel Vibration

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I've noticed at times the wheel has a slight shake.
It became very pronounced this morning after I aggressively pulled into traffic with a strong 1st gear pull while turning right I assume engaging the LSD. It went mostly away after a few miles of hwy driving. It has 500 miles thus far.
In older vehicle's I'd assume it was the front alignment or wheel unbalanced but in this I'm not sure that would transfer to the steering wheel.

Last edited:

Ghs737

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2013 Acura RDX, 2015AcuraTLX
If the shaking is there sometimes and gone sometimes - could it be the road departure warning? If you get too close to the right road shoulder it will shake the steering wheel to get your attention. It goes away when you move back into your lane.

OP
OP

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Thx but it's not that annoying feature or the changing road surfaces. Possibly a lage stone in the tread but I'd really like to know what type of steering rack we have and how it's connected to the wheel. Since I'm coming from a 20 yrs old Toyota that had good communication from the tires to the steering wheel.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Thx but it's not that annoying feature or the changing road surfaces. Possibly a lage stone in the tread but I'd really like to know what type of steering rack we have and how it's connected to the wheel. Since I'm coming from a 20 yrs old Toyota that had good communication from the tires to the steering wheel.
My understanding is ALL cars are required to have a physical connection as a backup in case of an electronic failure so there should be some physical connection to the wheels.