• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Squeaky / creak noise from driver seat?

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-SPEC Tech
have the same issue. I bought the car in November 2022 and it has a little under 3k miles on it. Most of the time I drive short trips, but took it on a road trip this weekend. It became pronounced after driving for over 10-15 miles in distance. I went to the dealership yesterday and they are having me come back next week when a loaner vehicle is available.

I wonder if this is the same issue as the new Honda Civic Type R? There's a recall on that:

As of March 30, 2023, American Honda officially reached out to NHTSA and a stop sale was established along with a safety recall for some of the earliest 2023 models.

The sound issue stems from the construction of the seat's frame, the portion that marries the bucket seat itself to the car's floorboard. The problem goes well beyond just the annoying sounds—improper welds seem to be the culprit, and those could allow the seat to disengage from its mount during an accident, according to Honda Technical Service Bulletin 23-030.

The above is from this article: Squeaky Civic Type R Seats Move Beyond Annoying, Become Safety Issue's%20floorboard.

LiquidIntegraNFT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
12JKR 18CTR 18M2 21DurangoHC 23Teggy6MT 23Bronco
I've had my Integra since June 2022 and its driver's seat frame creaks in turns (cloverleafs, etc.). The local dealer "couldn't replicate" the sound in Oct. 2022. With 18k mi on it, I'm taking it in next week as the creaking has become more frequent & very annoying.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Considering the type r is a completely different seat, logic implies this is not related. However, given manufacturing processes, it is quite possible as a shared part saves cost and tooling.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
After 4 visits to the dealer and two failed repairs, my squeaky seat appears to be fixed. They replaced the entire seat.

My squeaky/creaky noise came from down low near the floor during lateral weight transfer. Roundabouts would universally cause the noise, and eventually just driving in a straight line and steering back and forth quickly would build up enough load to induce the noise.

They first torqued everything up, then replaced part of the upper seat back due to a weak weld, then tightened some fastener with excessive play near the recline adjustment motor, but the sound only grew louder and more frequent.

Finally, they just took the whole seat from a brand new Integra they're going to use as a service loaner and swapped it into my car. The sound seems to be gone now!

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
The seat creaking was so bad on my way to the dealer so I sat in the car and waited for the tech to hop in.

Then we did a test drive...you could barely hear it... :(

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey guys,

I want to give you an update. This may be useful to others.

My Integra was bought in November of 2022. It currently has a little over 3k miles o it. I don't drive it much. If I did...the noise would bother me a lot more.

The dealership is awesome and has been helpful.

First attempt: they couldn't replicate the sound so I drove it with a tech in the driver seat. For me, it's a lot more noticeable after driving for several miles. They kept the car for 2 weeks and gave me a loaner. They dropped it at the upholstery shop they used. They also 'fixed' the dimples I had on the lumbar support. I found out the dimples are on ALL Integras, even the new ones. I got the car back and after 20 miles, the sound reappeared.

Second attempt: the manager contacted Acura Field Support and had their rep out. They fixed this in a day. I dropped the car off at 8AM and got the call by 3PM. They said they added a cloth covering against the seat frame and a piece of plastic that was rubbing.

Third attempt (where we are now): I dropped off the car last week. The manager had ordered a new seat and frame to install. He called me yesterday saying the completely took the seat apart and saw a plastic piece that was broken up (see attached picture). He thinks it's a design flaw and contacted corporate. This info may be useful to you if you're getting push back from your local dealership. He said he should have a solution by next week.

IMG_7757.jpeg

jorginho

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT
Hey guys,

I want to give you an update. This may be useful to others.

My Integra was bought in November of 2022. It currently has a little over 3k miles o it. I don't drive it much. If I did...the noise would bother me a lot more.

The dealership is awesome and has been helpful.

First attempt: they couldn't replicate the sound so I drove it with a tech in the driver seat. For me, it's a lot more noticeable after driving for several miles. They kept the car for 2 weeks and gave me a loaner. They dropped it at the upholstery shop they used. They also 'fixed' the dimples I had on the lumbar support. I found out the dimples are on ALL Integras, even the new ones. I got the car back and after 20 miles, the sound reappeared.

Second attempt: the manager contacted Acura Field Support and had their rep out. They fixed this in a day. I dropped the car off at 8AM and got the call by 3PM. They said they added a cloth covering against the seat frame and a piece of plastic that was rubbing.

Third attempt (where we are now): I dropped off the car last week. The manager had ordered a new seat and frame to install. He called me yesterday saying the completely took the seat apart and saw a plastic piece that was broken up (see attached picture). He thinks it's a design flaw and contacted corporate. This info may be useful to you if you're getting push back from your local dealership. He said he should have a solution by next week.

IMG_7757.jpeg
Any news from your dealer? My seat started to make noise and it’s starting to get to me.

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any news from your dealer? My seat started to make noise and it’s starting to get to me.
I picked up the car last week after the 3rd attempt was completed. The manager said he relayed what they did to the the Acura Field Team and they were happy with the solution. I don't drive this car much so I drove it maybe 15 miles since and nothing (yet).

I did see that they put about 25-30 miles on the car during the 3rd attempt. They probably tried to reproduce the sound since it was my third time taking it in.

jorginho

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT
I picked up the car last week after the 3rd attempt was completed. The manager said he relayed what they did to the the Acura Field Team and they were happy with the solution. I don't drive this car much so I drove it maybe 15 miles since and nothing (yet).

I did see that they put about 25-30 miles on the car during the 3rd attempt. They probably tried to reproduce the sound since it was my third time taking it in.
Hopefully, the noise is gone flow indefinitely. Looks like I might have to bug my dealership a little bit more then to hopefully get the same results. Thank you

wj4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hopefully, the noise is gone flow indefinitely. Looks like I might have to bug my dealership a little bit more then to hopefully get the same results. Thank you
You don't have to bug anyone. The car is new. Worst case is to document your attempts and lemon the car.

As friendly as this dealership has been to me (I've been going to them since I bought my TSX in 2010), it's still a business at the end of the day. I've had this car almost 30 days in the shop collectively for this issue. I'm sure it's on their mind that I *may* try to lemon it.

jorginho

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT
You don't have to bug anyone. The car is new. Worst case is to document your attempts and lemon the car.

As friendly as this dealership has been to me (I've been going to them since I bought my TSX in 2010), it's still a business at the end of the day. I've had this car almost 30 days in the shop collectively for this issue. I'm sure it's on their mind that I *may* try to lemon it.
That is very true. Just hoping in the end, the issue gets resolved

Ronnoc

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Wanted to add that I took my car to the dealer yesterday. They replaced the inner hinge that connects the seat back to the seat bottom. Now everything is back to being quiet.
I've been experiencing the squeaky noise on the drivers seat as well. This started as I hit 2k on the odometer. Thanks JC-RH for making this post and addressing this issue. The squeak gets annoying
I also had this fixed. Dealer applied some grease where they felt the metal rubbing. Got rid of the squeak instantly

bayly

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec w/Technology 6MT
Chiming in as a 2024 A-Spec owner, my dealer took the car with no hassle and within the day ordered the parts to replace the seat frame and seat cushion spring. It's only been a week since I got the car back but the squeak seems to be gone.

integraSeatWarranty.jpg

SharpAndy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6spd
Yeah mine has been doing it for a while as well. I think it started about 6-8 months ago. Any time I shift my weight, get in, get out, etc.... I'll have to let my dealer know the next time I'm in for an oil change.

JustBrowsing

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra A-spec 6MT
Mine squeaks right above the lumbar support and sounds like a rusted out antique bed frame.

Dealer agreed that it was really loud. Apparently, the tech sat in several other Integras and concluded they were all squeaky, and there was no way to fix it. Basically, "Honda makes squeaky driver's lumbar supports. Live with it."

If a new car seat squeaked this bad, no one would ever get past a test drive.