• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So....who managed to order a Type S?

m.c.ricks.ITS

First Name
Marty Contreras
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apex Blue Pearl Type-S (Reserved Pre-order)
Question: On the portion that says who to contact if you have questions, is that just your dealer's contact info? Reason I ask is because Acura received my payment and sent it to my dealer that I had an additional deposit with, but I still have never received confirmation and the dealer still hasn't gotten confirmation from their Acura rep on who received the reservations per their allocated amount - so I'm sitting here in limbo waiting to hear if I got it even though they got my money. If on your screenshot it is just the dealers info, then that's fine. I am in contact with them frequently. I also sent Acura an email with no response. (Neat.)
Yeah it’s just the dealers info with the reservation confirmation code.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah it’s just the dealers info with the reservation confirmation code.
Ok, thanks. That's kinda what I figured. I may reach out to Acura again as it's been 24 hours by now.

CrashnSplash

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati Monster 900
I had a similar experience to everyone else. Started around 12:55, finished around 2:10, with multiple browsers and windows. Got a reservation in TEP. I'm sure it didn't help that for every actual person trying to make the reservation, there were several windows/devices pinging the site.

I actually think one feature of Acura doing it this way was to reward those dealers who will not mark up the car. I shopped around several dealers last week and found a few selling at sticker. My dealer told me they had three customers successfully get reservations. I'm guessing that's a lot better than their neighbors who wanted more than $5k over sticker. I can stomach paying for a flight and hotel a lot easier than paying so much for literally nothing.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Si (sold) 2020 Type R (sold) 1994 Honda Acty
A lot did and are being told by the dealers there is a 5-15K ADM. I knew this was going to happen.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
A lot did and are being told by the dealers there is a 5-15K ADM. I knew this was going to happen.
Sounds like people who didn't do their homework--we've been saying for months to call around to confirm sale at MSRP.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds like people who didn't do their homework--we've been saying for months to call around to confirm sale at MSRP.

While not as bad as the CTR, it's looking like the majority are adding at least 5K.

I called several just to see and the ones who did not have a markup were 5+ people deep already.

Airbag

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S/Apex Blue Pearl/Orchid
I actually think one feature of Acura doing it this way was to reward those dealers who will not mark up the car. I shopped around several dealers last week and found a few selling at sticker. My dealer told me they had three customers successfully get reservations. I'm guessing that's a lot better than their neighbors who wanted more than $5k over sticker. I can stomach paying for a flight and hotel a lot easier than paying so much for literally nothing.
Not really sure I understand your point. How does the 200 ITS presale reward those dealers who will not mark up the car? Prior to the presale, my sales rep advised me by email that although my dealer will be charging a markup of $5K over MSRP, that there will be no markup on the 200 ITS presale cars. Was anybody else told that?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Not really sure I understand your point. How does the 200 ITS presale reward those dealers who will not mark up the car? Prior to the presale, my sales rep advised me by email that although my dealer will be charging a markup of $5K over MSRP, that there will be no markup on the 200 ITS presale cars. Was anybody else told that?
I think there is an assumption that those who reserved their cars did some DD and qualified a dealer who was MSRP or knew what to expect.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
While not as bad as the CTR, it's looking like the majority are adding at least 5K.

I called several just to see and the ones who did not have a markup were 5+ people deep already.
There's a thread "Honest Dealerships" where folks have been listing MSRP dealerships--I'm not surprised these dealerships have lines, we've been at it for a while now.

People who were calling around to find dealerships willing to sell at MSRP would naturally route their reservation to those dealerships vs closer dealerships doing add-ons and ADM (aka rewarding dealerships without markups). The Terms & Conditions of the reservation page specifically say pricing is at the dealership's discretion, it's great your dealership was willing to sell reservation vehicles at MSRP, but they weren't obligated to, and some still plan to mark those up.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I was told this by a few dealers that texted me about the presale, but the majority of the ones I talked to told me an estimated $5k markup ahead of the presale and I didn't bother calling them back. By that point I had settled on a dealer that promised no markups even beyond the presale. So that's how those dealers are being rewarded - they get more cars sent to them by customers during the presale, and ideally build relationships from this into the future with service etc.

I agree that Acura should have been more up front about the presale not locking in your MSRP price though, because those who didn't call around likely sent their cars to a dealer that will now hold the car hostage when it arrives, and that sucks.

CrashnSplash

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ducati Monster 900
Most dealers I talked to were going to mark these up. One even said the ONLY ones they open to mark up were those first batch of 200. My guess (hope?) Is that people were savvy enough to find the dealers selling at sticker to make these reservations.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I agree that Acura should have been more up front about the presale not locking in your MSRP price though, because those who didn't call around likely sent their cars to a dealer that will now hold the car hostage when it arrives, and that sucks.
You mean to tell me the average person had 8 tabs open across 3 devices and not a single one of those tabs was open to the Terms & Conditions page for careful review? I'm absolutely shocked. 🤣

I'm with you though, it would've been kind of them to circulate those before 1PM EST to give everyone the chance to review ahead of time. Not to say the average person would, but the chance is still something.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was told this by a few dealers that texted me about the presale, but the majority of the ones I talked to told me an estimated $5k markup ahead of the presale and I didn't bother calling them back. By that point I had settled on a dealer that promised no markups even beyond the presale. So that's how those dealers are being rewarded - they get more cars sent to them by customers during the presale, and ideally build relationships from this into the future with service etc.

Yeah, a few here have found out after the fact that the dealer they sent the car to wants 10K+ ADM.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Yeah, a few here have found out after the fact that the dealer they sent the car to wants 10K+ ADM.
I believe it... but I'll be the first to admit I'm not particularly sympathetic. We all know what the car market is like right now, a little due diligence goes a long way.

Airbag

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S/Apex Blue Pearl/Orchid
Just heard from the internet manager at my dealership who confirmed that for the 200 ITS presale cars, they are holding to their word and no markup over MSRP. :thumbsup: