• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Real world HP/Torque higher than official quoted figures?

BMills

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Hey folks,

Does anyone feel like the 200 HP/192 FT-LB Torque numbers are low??
This is my first Honda product and I know they are notorious for underrating their engines. I’ve driven 1,500 miles so far with about half of that coming on highway drives and the pulls in multiple gears felt significantly more than the quoted numbers.

I watched the YouTube dyno that basically showed 200/200 to wheels which I guess means 225HP / 225 Torque to crank?

Thoughts???

ITAGI

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2023 Acura Integra
Yeah, we have a few sources that seem to indicate the engine in the Integra/Si are underrated. Dynos for both put it at around 220 HP.

Jason Cammisa and the Hagerty crew also pointed out the short gear ratios means the car feels faster than it's 0-60 times would otherwise say, and that it pulls harder in first and second gear than the GLI (which has more HP) does.

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Car(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Our comparisons with the 10th, 9th and 8th gen Civic all of which we own and have posted dyno charts for on Hondata.com, show the Integra and 11th gen Si with 10% more power than the 10th gen.

hondata-stock-22-civic-si-vs-stock-23-6mt-1.5-integra.png

hondata-stock-17-civic-si-vs-stock-23-integra.png

Last edited:

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
It’s underrated to sell the just-spied Type S, which should be around 260 hp to slot perfectly in between FL5 and Si. From a marketing standpoint, rating the Si/base Integra at 220 hp just doesn’t leave much room for an ITS.