• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Now that the price has been announced, how do you feel about it?

• Entirely too high. I'm out.

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • Higher than expected, but I can work with it.

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • About where I was expecting (within $1k of your best guess). Told you so.

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • No ADM? What a steal! I'll take two, please!

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I'm a 911 pcar rennlister - I shouldn't have come here lol ;)

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Si is too slow for me to even consider it, besides its a 30k with out heated seats is outrageous. 30k will buy a lightly used GTI or little more for a Elantra N.
you say Si is too slow but you keep saying to get a miata as a fun car... ive only ever driven a miata once but they're known for beign slow. i did have a gr86 and it definitely wasn't fast either but it WAS fun to drive. consumables were super cheap no that car which was good because i burned through pads/rotors at the track. the toyota infotainment was horrible though and the car had remote start but you had to use an app. so weird and annoying. the Si is a good balance of fun, creature comforts (no heated seats but all the car controls work so well and the car warms up super fast it's almost moot. a lot of people find the styling of the Civic to be a lot more mature than that of a GTI or Elantra N which may also be a factor in addition to being far more practical than a miata or GR86

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
if you want something new and fun to drive just buy a GR86 or a Miata and buy a used suv to haul shit.
having more dedicated vehicles DEFINITELY makes sense. this is how i ended up with 4 vehicles: entertaining commuter (si), track car (GT4), track car hauler (3/4 ton AT4), and wife's car (Yukon AT4). there really is NO vehicle that's perfect at even one thing, much less covering multiple roles.

having multiple cars can be great, but that strategy also has its downsides.... people should definitely consider this option though!

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
you say Si is too slow but you keep saying to get a miata as a fun car... ive only ever driven a miata once but they're known for beign slow. i did have a gr86 and it definitely wasn't fast either but it WAS fun to drive. consumables were super cheap no that car which was good because i burned through pads/rotors at the track. the toyota infotainment was horrible though and the car had remote start but you had to use an app. so weird and annoying. the Si is a good balance of fun, creature comforts (no heated seats but all the car controls work so well and the car warms up super fast it's almost moot. a lot of people find the styling of the Civic to be a lot more mature than that of a GTI or Elantra N which may also be a factor in addition to being far more practical than a miata or GR86
miata traps 100mph. itll walk a Si like it’s going backwards

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
If you want a fun commuter and don't mind a shitbox interior on the level of an Si or GR86, the Elantra N is by far the best car in the segment. Shifter isn't as good as the Si, but it will thrash the Si in fun and performance and it has heated seats. Given the upcoming facelift you can also probably get the Elantra for the same or less than Si MSRP. Other than fuel economy or distaste of the Hyundai brand (and its scumbag dealerships) there's not much reason to get an Si over an N.

itsovr9k

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, CTR
Interested to know what market research Acura conducted here to arrive at this price point.

This car is aimed at performance enthusiasts. How many performance enthusiasts think it's worth spending over $50,000 on a FWD car. I really don't understand the demographics of who this is marketed to.

I was someone who bought a FK8 back in 2021 at MSRP and in terms of daily driving, the experience you come away with is that it's a $25,000 car. Make no mistake it is an incredibly capable and competent platform, but when pushing it there's no getting away from the fact that it feels fwd and has economy car roots. I owned that car briefly as ultimately the market valued it much more than I did.

Given the precision of the platform and general dynamics, If this had comparable interior features to the Golf R at the same price point of 45k, despite being front wheel drive it still would have been a decent value.

I think a two-car setup with a dedicated sports car is the better route for those who are stretching and considering making this their only car.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
Interested to know what market research Acura conducted here to arrive at this price point.

This car is aimed at performance enthusiasts. How many performance enthusiasts think it's worth spending over $50,000 on a FWD car. I really don't understand the demographics of who this is marketed to.

I was someone who bought a FK8 back in 2021 at MSRP and in terms of daily driving, the experience you come away with is that it's a $25,000 car. Make no mistake it is an incredibly capable and competent platform, but when pushing it there's no getting away from the fact that it feels fwd and has economy car roots. I owned that car briefly as ultimately the market valued it much more than I did.

Given the precision of the platform and general dynamics, If this had comparable interior features to the Golf R at the same price point of 45k, despite being front wheel drive it still would have been a decent value.

I think a two-car setup with a dedicated sports car is the better route for those who are stretching and considering making this their only car.
My conspiracy theory is they priced it at 52k to prevent the CTR market from collapsing. If they launched it at 48k including destination like people were guessing, even a 5k markup puts it below the average current CTR transaction (which is around 54-55k with ADM). They probably worried demand for the CTR would collapse and the dealers would be pissed at them. Most OEMs allocate desirable models like the CTR to dealerships based on volume of sales of the high-volume everyday cars. If Honda suddenly cuts the margin on those halo cars by thousands of dollars the dealers who worked to move a ton of junk cars to get the halo cars would revolt.

I'm sure they also factored in that they could price it higher and pocket some of that price gouged money themselves rather than letting dealers have it all. At the end of the day pricing it this high is a win for Honda and Accura dealers and also for Accura corporate. The only loser are consumers.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Seats to make it a 5 seater
jsut leave a bunch of items throughout car and before you leave tell them
“Thank you, I just gotta grab a few items from my car so I’ll be parked next to it … I will probably take some time to say ‘goodbye’ also. Don’t bother checking on me, I’ll be fine.”

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
miata traps 100mph. itll walk a Si like it’s going backwards
Motor trend has it at more like 95 and Si at 93. But are leisurely fun…. Which is really good for having a good time and avoiding speeding tickets!

quarter mile bragging rights are not part of the Si or Miata algorithm. Si is basically a 4door Miata .. both have their merits.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Motor trend has it at more like 95 and Si at 93. But are leisurely fun…. Which is really good for having a good time and avoiding speeding tickets!

quarter mile bragging rights are not part of the Si or Miata algorithm. Si is basically a 4door Miata .. both have their merits.
thats the older model, nd2 is a lot faster. I’ve owned few Miatas and i assure you no civic is a 4dr Miata. You can be driving the speed limit in a Miata and feel like you’re flying. It’s drive is so viscera, reasons why the Miata is always the answer.

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
thats the older model, nd2 is a lot faster. I’ve owned few Miatas and i assure you no civic is a 4dr Miata. You can be driving the speed limit in a Miata and feel like you’re flying. It’s drive is so viscera, reasons why the Miata is always the answer.
honestly, Si feels like that to me too .. i've only driven a miata on a short test drive. they're an iconic car no doubt, but i really think the Si is a lot of fun ... i think the manual, the peaky turbo, nimble front end and low speeds are a nice package. most cars i have have been relatively which is cool when you get into the throttle but then you're way over speed limits..

the best performance (track day) per dollar i've come across is the Camaro SS 1LE. definitely an acquired taste but torque, fast, excellent chassis, loud, tons of mechanical grip and bulletproof on the track. talk about performance value. great seats, valved exhaust (quiet mode is very kind to neighbors), magnetic suspension (comfort is crazy compliant) and giant two piece front front rotors ... makes me want another one honestly. those things are wild and compete track times with a GT4 which is freaking double + the price. because of how loud the camaro is, you don't really have to be going fast to have some fun with it ... but 2nd gear tops out at like 70+mph i think. in the Si i'm pretty sure i shift all the way through 4th just to get to 40 mph lol

driving slow cars fast (or medium) is good fun.

burburbur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW 740i
honestly, Si feels like that to me too .. i've only driven a miata on a short test drive. they're an iconic car no doubt, but i really think the Si is a lot of fun ... i think the manual, the peaky turbo, nimble front end and low speeds are a nice package. most cars i have have been relatively which is cool when you get into the throttle but then you're way over speed limits..

the best performance (track day) per dollar i've come across is the Camaro SS 1LE. definitely an acquired taste but torque, fast, excellent chassis, loud, tons of mechanical grip and bulletproof on the track. talk about performance value. great seats, valved exhaust (quiet mode is very kind to neighbors), magnetic suspension (comfort is crazy compliant) and giant two piece front front rotors ... makes me want another one honestly. those things are wild and compete track times with a GT4 which is freaking double + the price. because of how loud the camaro is, you don't really have to be going fast to have some fun with it ... but 2nd gear tops out at like 70+mph i think. in the Si i'm pretty sure i shift all the way through 4th just to get to 40 mph lol

Problem with the 1LE is that tires and brakes get eaten and are pricey. Mag ride shocks also don't hold up long term and leak faster if you track the car regularly. And they aren't cheap to replace. These cars are like the poor man's BMW on the used market in that it looks cheap to get into the driver's seat, but if you needed to buy it used chances are you can't afford the maintenance that comes from running it as intended. If you can stomach the cost of brakes and tires though its an amazing car to buy new and thrash on for a couple years.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I’ve owned 2 NB’s (both supercharged) and an ND. They’re some of the most entertaining, fun and enjoyable cars to drive. And yes, you feel like you’re flying just driving the speed limit, lol. They’re really fun when they’re actually fast…one of my NB’s was making 250whp while weighing 2,200lbs. It was legitimately quick and surprised many challengers, lol.

Mike

OP
OP
evanescent03

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
Problem with the 1LE is that tires and brakes get eaten and are pricey. Mag ride shocks also don't hold up long term and leak faster if you track the car regularly. And they aren't cheap to replace. These cars are like the poor man's BMW on the used market in that it looks cheap to get into the driver's seat, but if you needed to buy it used chances are you can't afford the maintenance that comes from running it as intended. If you can stomach the cost of brakes and tires though its an amazing car to buy new and thrash on for a couple years.
exactly what i did .. never had an issue. about 10-15 track days/year so nothing crazy. tires lasted about 6 days, brake pads about 4 (inexpensive "track day pads" that wore out fast but never caused pad transfer to my rotors and always stopped the car so i stuck with them). all i did was pads, fluid, alignment with stock Supercar 3 tires and it was good to go. it seems like if someone kept it as a "fun street car" it would last forever. and the fact that there's a back seat makes it usable for moving small humans around from time to time.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)

The Camaro SS 1LE is a good value for the money. I’m not a huge fan of the exterior appearance and rear visibility in that particular model/generation. I’d much rather have a CTS-V by comparison. But, that’s just me.

Mike