• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Poor dry/wet traction stock tires

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
I'm coming to the realization that the stock continentals do not mesh with the car very well. Not only are they noisy but traction is very poor especially wet traction. On my way to work there's a very very steep hill which has a light in the middle. The tires spin every time leaving that light especially now with the tune. I thought it was me but even giving it the smallest amount of throttle I can feel the tires losing traction. Today it was wet and I damn near burned out scaring everyone walking into the hospital. The 2022 civic si comes with Goodyear eagle sport which I think is a better tire and I'm just wondering why acura didn't use the tire from the SI. Any suggestions for a better all season high performance tire for this car?

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20220717_084609.jpg

Doing a comparison on the civic si stock tire vs acura stock. The civic si seems to have a much better tire

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
They for sure aren't anything to write home about. Trying to keep them a little while before upgrading, but it's been tough with how noisy they can be and the lack of performance.

1658080441939.png

Think I'll be sticking Continental DWS06 Plus on once I feel I've had enough and want better performance. Had them on my 10th gen Civic and they were fantastic. This is the same comparison but on the left is the DWS06 Plus, Goodyear Eagle Sport middle, stock ContiProContact's right

I should also add that they're basically all the same price on Tirerack, around $195/tire

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They for sure aren't anything to write home about. Trying to keep them a little while before upgrading, but it's been tough with how noisy they can be and the lack of performance.

1658080441939.png

Think I'll be sticking Continental DWS06 Plus on once I feel I've had enough and want better performance. Had them on my 10th gen Civic and they were fantastic. This is the same comparison but on the left is the DWS06 Plus, Goodyear Eagle Sport middle, stock ContiProContact's right

I should also add that they're basically all the same price on Tirerack, around $195/tire
Yep exactly the ones I'm thinking of switching to. I would love summer tires but no space to switch out to something for the winter. Maybe these tires need to break in but I don't see them getting better. The poor dry traction is concerning.

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Yep exactly the ones I'm thinking of switching to. I would love summer tires but no space to switch out to something for the winter. Maybe these tires need to break in but I don't see them getting better. The poor dry traction is concerning.
Same here. No real space to switch to something for winter. I had the DWS06's for a year on my Civic - went through a Massachusetts winter no problem really. Was able to power through snow with minimal slip, handled slush reasonably well for all seasons. Where they really excel though is in dry or even wet. All around just great performance all year for a good price. They're reasonably quiet as well which is nice.

I don't see the stocks getting any better. I'm almost 2000 miles in and they're the same through and through

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
They definitely have low limits on twisties. The car wants more but I can feel the tires about to give. I don’t need snow coverage. So Conti ExtremeContact Sports are my go to.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They definitely have low limits on twisties. The car wants more but I can feel the tires about to give. I don’t need snow coverage. So Conti ExtremeContact Sports are my go to.
Where I live most of the exits are big curves and around the curves the tires aren't terrible but they gave limits that arent forgiving. The other day I gave a little throttle around a turn and damn near drifted. I'm a big Continental fan but these tires are poor.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yep. You can load up the front end and definitely enduce oversteer. The turns around me are quick and sharp. The steering ratios are excellent and I can see why the CVT didn’t have the LSD, it doesn’t need it. The front end goes exactly where you want and digs out of turns. BUT the tires want to let go and it can get very dangerous.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
I am planning on swapping my 235 General GMAX RS tires immediately to my Integra. They've held up fine to 260+ hp on my GM stage 1 cobalt and hard cornering, plus aren't super soft like Pilot 4S.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yep. You can load up the front end and definitely enduce oversteer. The turns around me are quick and sharp. The steering ratios are excellent and I can see why the CVT didn’t have the LSD, it doesn’t need it. The front end goes exactly where you want and digs out of turns. BUT the tires want to let go and it can get very dangerous.
Acura screwed up with these tires. It really holds the car back and I'm sure is going to hurt the car when journalists do comparison tests. Lateral g's, 0-60 and braking are going to suffer.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So yesterday we had damn near a torrential down pour and some flooding near my job. Driving home the tires actually did well and i didnt experience any slipping or sliding. Was able to take sharp turns and decent speeds and barely any hydroplaning which. So I guess wet traction was not as bad as I thought.

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
+1 on DWS06 plus. Did a cross country road trip on them in my audi and experienced every element. Decent in blizzard conditions. I had lots of confidence driving in the wet from day one on them. Good comfort for commutes. Well rounded tire for all four seasons.

Escobar929

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 BMW M2cs, 2023 Acura Integra
Since I live in the land of forever summer, one of my first upgrades is going to be switching over to Pilot Sport 4S tires

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Probably a dumb question, but where do I go to learn what tires are paired with the stock 18 and 19in wheel options?