• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Please return my call

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
My iPhone 12 Mini does not charge on the wireless charging pad - anyone else have the same problem scenario? Does anyone else have a solution?

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
My iPhone 12 Mini does not charge on the wireless charging pad - anyone else have the same problem scenario? Does anyone else have a solution?
Sounds silly, but make sure the pad is turned on. I believe it can be turned off, haven't even really used mine yet to test it out. Additionally, some cases make wireless charging a bit weird so it could be that as well. Try it without a case to see if it works

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sounds silly, but make sure the pad is turned on. I believe it can be turned off, haven't even really used mine yet to test it out. Additionally, some cases make wireless charging a bit weird so it could be that as well. Try it without a case to see if it works
Not silly at all! It also did not work without the case! Thanks for taking the time to respond/help - it's greatly appreciated!

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Not silly at all! It also did not work without the case! Thanks for taking the time to respond/help - it's greatly appreciated!
Do you have another phone to possibly test?
I assume your phone works on other wireless chargers.. if so, it could be the charger itself that is faulty. It shows that it is on?

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I assume your phone works on other wireless chargers.. if so, it could be the charger itself that is faulty. It shows that it is on?
Thanks for taking the time to help me out - good ideas/advice!

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra Aspec 6MT
I have an iPhone 13 mini and itā€™s a huge pain to find the perfect spot that will charge. It usually takes me 5 or six times repositioning for it to work. Even then, the charge is so slow itā€™s almost useless. I am upgrading to the 14 pro this week and will be curious if it reacts any differently to the charging mat.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I'm sure you all have noticed this, but I wasn't immediately aware that the phone had to be centered between the ridges on the pad in order to charge. After I figured that out, I gained 40% battery over a 45 minute trip on my iPhone SE, playing Apple Music along the way. Not a fast charge, but I'm cool if I end the trip with more than I started.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just tested my wife's phone without the case and it charged, but it was really slow!

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm sure you all have noticed this, but I wasn't immediately aware that the phone had to be centered between the ridges on the pad in order to charge. After I figured that out, I gained 40% battery over a 45 minute trip on my iPhone SE, playing Apple Music along the way. Not a fast charge, but I'm cool if I end the trip with more than I started.
Thanks for returning my call - your comments really helped!

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for sharing that invaluable info!

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I donā€™t use it. I always plug in with the USB cable. Faster, reliable charging, more responsive CarPlay, and better audio quality.

I still put my phone there when Iā€™m driving but I turned off the charger.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I donā€™t use it. I always plug in with the USB cable. Faster, reliable charging, more responsive CarPlay, and better audio quality.

I still put my phone there when Iā€™m driving but I turned off the charger.
Sounds like the perfect plan - thanks for sharing!

Xhilr8n!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lotus Elise, Civic Si, Tundra, Tacoma, 720
I only have one wireless charger, at home on the nightstand, Apple product. Thin phone case comes off, magnets align the charger pad to to millimeter before it will activate.

Sure looks like the folks trying to add this to their American Si might want to reconsider. This is a new tech for the industry.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I only have one wireless charger, at home on the nightstand, Apple product. Thin phone case comes off, magnets align the charger pad to to millimeter before it will activate.

Sure looks like the folks trying to add this to their American Si might want to reconsider. This is a new tech for the industry.
Thanks for sharing your input/experience/comment - it's greatly appreciated!

Pacman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I ran into a similar problem. I have an iPhone 12 and it charges for about 5 minutes on the wireless pad and stops. If take the phone off and reseat it on the pad, it will again charge for another 5 minutes. A little annoying but after I turned off the "Optimized Battery Charging" setting on the phone, it seemed to work fine (abit a little slow as others have mentioned).