• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Paint protective film

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
I called three companies to obtain quotes on paint protective film for the Integra.

First quote
XPL PPF film
Standard (bumper, partial hood, mirrors) =$900 and $129 for prep.
Full hood, bumpers & Fenders (mirrors)=$1350 and $129 for prep.

Second quote
XPEL film
Partial front end package $995
Full front end package $ 1595

Third quote
Llumar Valor ceramic quoted
Partial $1200
Full front end $2200

I was going to pick the first or second package from the first quote. Want to know what is everyonegetting quotes and how is the XPF vs. Llumar Valor.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
3 Xpel PPF quotes:
Partial-$1,050; 1,300 at two
Full-$1,700, 1,750, 2,200
I assume these include prep but will confirm with the one I have an appointment with on the 8th.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Mine is all done. The xpel template fit amazing. It cuts out around the integra on the bumper perfectly.

I did partial front, door edges, mirrors, and b and c pillars and it was $1300.

On these less expensive quotes, make sure you’re getting xpel ultimate plus with the 10 year warranty. They could be quoting an entry level xpel film.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
How's the partial hood look?
I'm concerned the films edge might collect dirt and potentially have issues when the painted hood is waxed.

OP
OP
Linas19

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
I'm concerned the films edge might collect dirt and potentially have issues when the painted hood is waxed.
I am told by the installer that regular cleaning can take care of the partial hood dirt line.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It looks fine imo. I got the straight cut vs the bikini cut which is curved. I can see the edge while driving but it doesn’t bother me.

External visibility is dependent on color. On apex blue, I can’t see the edge at all unless I hunt for it. As far as dirt and wax goes, I’ve never had an issue with it on my mustang. It washes up and waxes just fine. You can wax the PPF, so worst case, hit the edge with some quick detail after.