• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Paint Enhancement and coating

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
After nightmare of delays and issues, my integra is finally in transit with a VIN (confirmed the VIN is for a manual this time)

Doing my own paint correction/enhancement for the first time ...

Looking for recommendations for a single stage polish and pad before I coat the car

Insight on if the clearcoat is soft like typical Honda paints would be nice too, getting apex blue

Finally, to open myself up for judgements and criticism, for the exterior I'm using Adam's advanced graphene coating (got the full kit under $100 on prime day and it's still good)

Between gyeon and carpro fabric protection for the synthetic suede
gyeon, carpro, or Adam's for the leather, dash, and interior trim coatings

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I'd recommend asking on a detailing sub on Reddit. Lots of pros there that will give free tips and advice on product.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'd recommend asking on a detailing sub on Reddit. Lots of pros there that will give free tips and advice on product.
I'm not too concerned since if I go gentle enough there's next to no risk, even if it would take a lot more time and polish. I'm more so checking if there's any insight specifically for the Integra since clearcoat, dyes, and materials may be different even in the same brand

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The polisher is most important. Get a good DA. I use a Griot’s Garage one. Pad wise, use foam. MF and wool are more aggressive. Low speed. I like Adam’s stuff a lot. For the interior I didn’t coast the orchid suede and so far it’s holding up very well. I just got a suede cleaner for when the time comes. Coating fabrics in my experience, no matter the quality, always attracts more dirt.

For the dash etc I use chemical guys ceramic hydro interior.

OP
OP
Decks515

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The polisher is most important. Get a good DA. I use a Griot’s Garage one. Pad wise, use foam. MF and wool are more aggressive. Low speed. I like Adam’s stuff a lot. For the interior I didn’t coast the orchid suede and so far it’s holding up very well. I just got a suede cleaner for when the time comes. Coating fabrics in my experience, no matter the quality, always attracts more dirt.

For the dash etc I use chemical guys ceramic hydro interior.
Thanks for the advice

I'm gonna get the maxshine m15 and their nano since we can use it for some other projects. Going back and forth on if I should go uro-pad or open cell foam. Although it's closed-cell, I like that Adam's has identical 2 inch and 5 inch pads. I was considering only coating the seats and using that or Adam's ceramic interior detailer every few months for the rest of the interior. Synthetic suede is kinda picky and I was worried about potential color change with coating it, but also worried about living in Florida and sweating into the seat.

Also, although it'll take more time, I am considering doing a polish like Meguiars 205 and followed with a finishing/mirror polish like menzerna 3800 or carpro essence. Figured I have the time and may as well try to get it *almost* perfect before coating it

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Thanks for the advice

I'm gonna get the maxshine m15 and their nano since we can use it for some other projects. Going back and forth on if I should go uro-pad or open cell foam. Although it's closed-cell, I like that Adam's has identical 2 inch and 5 inch pads. I was considering only coating the seats and using that or Adam's ceramic interior detailer every few months for the rest of the interior. Synthetic suede is kinda picky and I was worried about potential color change with coating it, but also worried about living in Florida and sweating into the seat.

Also, although it'll take more time, I am considering doing a polish like Meguiars 205 and followed with a finishing/mirror polish like menzerna 3800 or carpro essence. Figured I have the time and may as well try to get it *almost* perfect before coating it
I’m in FL too. So far, orchid suede has been solid. I like the idea of using the pad from the brand of the polish. They’re usually engineered to go together for best results. Adam’s polish is also excellent. I’ve used with great results.

5thHatchback

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I would recommend on a single stage correction to use Sonax Perfect Finish along with a Rupes Yellow Foam pad (Fine). Interested to see the result of your correction and hear more about your process.