• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Owners Thoughts 6,000 miles and 3 months in.

Dom954

First Name
Dominique
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Owners Thoughts 6,000 miles in: The Good, The Bad, The Possibility.
Three months approximately 6,648 miles into 6MT ownership and it's still a gem of a car overall. The tech works well and is intuitive. My wireless Android Auto did stop working for a few days and I had to reset the head unit to fix it. Unfortunately, that means you lose all of your settings to fix it. Memory seats, individual mode, radio stations, EQ settings, door lock mechanisms, you reset it all which was annoying and I'm still not sure if I put everything back. While I'm on a negative track there is one thing I would love to have more than 50 more horsepower and that's a real E Brake. My weekend car is a 1990 Foxbody 5.0 5 speed so I'm very accustomed to the tactile feeling of pulling the E brake up. So like twice a day I get 20 steps away from my vehicle and walk back and open the door to make sure the brake in engaged. The only other knock is me buying a black car in the Texas heat again which is my fault lol. Speaking of power there was one day in which we were in the 60s and the car performance was notably improved. It's usually in the 90s here so I can personally attest to this vehicle being prone to the heat and humidity. That said the possibility of me trading it in for a Type S are now lower than ever. I do not think for me this car will benefit all that much from an extra 100HP. It will still in the grand scheme be "slow" and I'm not willing to sacrifice my good MPG for it. Banging gears in this car is half the fun. I can see Honda attempting to remedy the 0 to 60 by messing with the gearing and that could make it less fun. Plus at $45k to $50k there are a ton of options. Plus for those of us that finance cheap money is out the window. I'm at 2.5% on this car and I'm very satisfied. This car eats miles and is a ton of fun without being a gas hog. This car is perfect for multiple vehicle people who do not need one car to do it all such as myself. So I 100% still recommend it if you can get your hands on one.

20220928_083439.jpg

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
Very good review, thank you! Sounds like a great car. I'm still not sure if I've ever seen one on the road. My untrained eye is just not sharp enough to spot the different between the TLX and the Teg, especially from the front. They look way too similar.

In the coming few years, I'm really hoping to get a new CTR, but I will strongly consider a Type S if CTR's are too difficult to secure. For now, I wait patiently and enjoy reading reviews from people such as yourself. Glad you are enjoying it.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Thanks for the report. I’m a month in and about 1,000 miles. It’s broken in and I’m very comfortable with the tech and have no issues. I might go through and take phone pictures of all the menus so I know what the settings are in case I have to reset anything.

I think I agree on the Type S temptation. This car is quite fun, gets great gas mileage, and I feel was a good value. So for me, I think it’s a very good balance. I know the S will be quicker, but so are a lot of cars I didn’t choose.