• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

One week old Integra 6MT - a few quick questions

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Howdy Folks,

I picked up my Apex Blue/Orchid 6MT last week. I am loving the car - particularly the steering, shift/clutch feel and fuel economy. I have a few questions and be easy on me - only through about 1/5 of the owner's manual so far.:)

1. I can't get AcuraLink to verify my car. I have the car off, parking brake on and snap the vin. Once I start the car, it says verifying for about a minute but then says it can't connect. Thoughts?
2. Everytime I start the car, the display in the center of the speedometer goes to the seatbelt diagram. Any way to alter this home screen upon start up to the trip computer information?
3. Is there no way to turn off the automatic headlights for good?

Thanks in advance!

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Here's a helpful post that doesn't answer your questions:
  1. I had trouble with AcuraLink which seemed like it was resolved when the dealer fiddled with my Acura.com registration. Maybe give them a call?
  2. I noticed the seatbelt thing as well. IIRC, the display changes on it's on after a period of time, or during certain situations. Not sure if there's a way to change the startup screen, maybe for seatbelt safety reasons (reminds me to yell at my kids in the back). I'm curious though, so I'll check later.
  3. Not sure about the headlights, haven't had a problem with the auto feature. I'm sure there are legit situations where you'd want to disable, but it reminds me of a really dumb idea that I had when I was younger a guy I know had when he was younger.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Here's a helpful post that doesn't answer your questions:
  1. I had trouble with AcuraLink which seemed like it was resolved when the dealer fiddled with my Acura.com registration. Maybe give them a call?
  2. I noticed the seatbelt thing as well. IIRC, the display changes on it's on after a period of time, or during certain situations. Not sure if there's a way to change the startup screen, maybe for seatbelt safety reasons (reminds me to yell at my kids in the back). I'm curious though, so I'll check later.
  3. Not sure about the headlights, haven't had a problem with the auto feature. I'm sure there are legit situations where you'd want to disable, but it reminds me of a really dumb idea that I had when I was younger a guy I know had when he was younger.
In regards to #3, I would also like to permanently disable the auto headlight function. I'll probably just have to train myself to turn it off every time I start the car. I don't need or want my car to decide when to turn the lights on, just like I don't want it to decide what gear I should be in. My commute takes me under a couple wider overpasses, and I always see the tail lights turn on on newer vehicles. It's a freaking overpass, nobody needs to turn on their lights. It reminds me of the gauge lighting on my Mk6 GTI. It had a sensor in the dash that would cause the gauge lights to dim out as a reminder for you to turn on the lights. It could be a beautiful sunny day, but if I was driving on the shady side of the road, my gauges would be completely blank. It was infuriating.

OP
OP

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The underpass scenario is exactly why I want to turn off my automatic lights. I have two that are merely the length of an intersection and the lights come on both times.
Thanks for the other guidance. For the AcuraLink issue, did you physically have to go back to the dealership?

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
The underpass scenario is exactly why I want to turn off my automatic lights. I have two that are merely the length of an intersection and the lights come on both times.
Thanks for the other guidance. For the AcuraLink issue, did you physically have to go back to the dealership?
After I posted I guessed it was related to an overpass, not many around here.

About the Link, I happened to be at the dealership at the time, but I don’t see why the car would have to be there.The guy was just punching some stuff into the website.

OP
OP

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome, I will try calling them next week.

Argetni23

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
AcuraLink is super fussy to start up. Make sure you are outdoors when you try to link. It's kind of slow to acknowledge that it's connected, so try a few times.

Not really very useful. I hadn't looked at it for 3 weeks.

I used it on my MDX to double check I locked the doors, but the Integra locks the doors for me.

OP
OP

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the input! If it's not helpful, I might just not worry about it. However, Acura keeps sending me e-mails to activate it!

trippvail

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
In regards to #3, I would also like to permanently disable the auto headlight function. I'll probably just have to train myself to turn it off every time I start the car. I don't need or want my car to decide when to turn the lights on, just like I don't want it to decide what gear I should be in. My commute takes me under a couple wider overpasses, and I always see the tail lights turn on on newer vehicles. It's a freaking overpass, nobody needs to turn on their lights. It reminds me of the gauge lighting on my Mk6 GTI. It had a sensor in the dash that would cause the gauge lights to dim out as a reminder for you to turn on the lights. It could be a beautiful sunny day, but if I was driving on the shady side of the road, my gauges would be completely blank. It was infuriating.
@TheRas900
@KiloFTW

The Auto High Beam Assist can be successfully turned off in the vehicle settings on the infotainment screen, under lighting setup, should see the Auto High Beam on/off toggle there. Hope this helps!

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Thanks for the input! If it's not helpful, I might just not worry about it. However, Acura keeps sending me e-mails to activate it!
They’ll do that even after you do activate it lol

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
AcuraLink is super fussy to start up. Make sure you are outdoors when you try to link. It's kind of slow to acknowledge that it's connected, so try a few times.

Not really very useful. I hadn't looked at it for 3 weeks.

I used it on my MDX to double check I locked the doors, but the Integra locks the doors for me.
it stopped working for me a day after I bought the car. I had to call Acura (American Honda) and give them my password and PIN to sort it out. They got it working again after a week or so.

it’s “free” because you send Honda all your driving and location data. I realized I wasn’t getting much value out of AcuraLink, so I disabled data sharing (and acuralink).