• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

On the fence about Synthcarbon's overlays?

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
I know there's been some skepticism about Synthcarbon's carbon fiber overlays. First of all, it IS real carbon fiber, but it isn't coated in a rigid coating. The coating is bendable. I was skeptical, too, even after seeing them in person out of the package. But after installation...

Guys, they're BEAUTIFUL. They fitment is near perfect, the carbon fiber shimmers and the gloss gives great depth to it. Also, they appear to be easily removable if necessary because I had to reposition mine a few times with no issues.

I wrapped my center console with "carbon fiber" wrap not too long ago and this is MUCH better. Here are some pics:

IMG_0802.jpg
IMG_0803.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg
IMG_0805.jpg
IMG_0806.jpg
IMG_0807.jpg

If you're on the fence, it's a great interior upgrade and absolutely worth the price.

IMG_0802.jpg

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mustang Shelby GT 500
I ordered the center console piece for my Type S. I wasn't expecting a flexible sticker. After seeing your post I might give it a try. After all a carbon fiber sticker is no worse than a plastic wrap...right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
StormtrooperTK421

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech
I ordered the center console piece for my Type S. I wasn't expecting a flexible sticker. After seeing your post I might give it a try. After all a carbon fiber sticker is no worse than a plastic wrap...right?
I think you'll like it. It's definitely better than a wrap.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
I wanna like it but can't. Idk why, it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's the fact that the edges of the console trim are still exposed and it immediately reminds me that it's an overlay...

I'm still waiting for my shifter bezel trim to arrive so I can have it hydro dripped. The center console trim arrived Saturday.

-G

Last edited:

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
I wanna like it but can't. Idk why, it just doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's the fact that the edges of the console trim are still exposed and it immediately reminds me that it's an overlay...

I'm still waiting for my sifter bezel trim to arrive so I can have it hydro dripped. The center console trim arrived Saturday.

-G
Agreed, my biggest issue is that it doesn't cover the sides, that would be the advantage of a wrap. Hopefully at some point someone releases a true CF overlay like the FL5 oem one (except without the red).

Also note, it appears pretty shiny, so those wanting to change out the console due to glare, not sure how much it helps.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Agreed, my biggest issue is that it doesn't cover the sides, that would be the advantage of a wrap. Hopefully at some point someone releases a true CF overlay like the FL5 oem one (except without the red).

Also note, it appears pretty shiny, so those wanting to change out the console due to glare, not sure how much it helps.
Great point. I plan on having mine done in a gloss carbon finish but may consider matte instead. The glare I get when driving around with the sun out on the OEM parts is STUPID. The console isn't so bad but the glare I get from the shifter bezel is, again STUPID. I have to hold my right hand over it in between shifts. I want both my hands on the steering wheel where they belong.

-G

Last edited:
OP
OP
StormtrooperTK421

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech

Good point on the shine. I haven’t had any issues with glare, but it is something to think about. As far as it not covering the sides, honestly I don’t even notice it, but I can see how some would dislike that. If they make a full carbon fiber replacement piece, I’m going to buy that ASAP, but for now, in my opinion, this is the best option.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Great point. I plan on having mine done in a gloss carbon finish but may consider matte instead. The glare I get when driving around with the sun out on the OEM parts is STUPID. The console isn't so bad, that just leaves brightens up the part for me but the glare and I get from the shifter bezel is, again STUPID. I have to hold my right hand over it in between shifts. I want both my hands on the steering wheel where they belong.

-G
I know Stek has a semi-gloss PPF, maybe a happy medium? When I get PPF on the 14th I will see if they have any samples.

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I applied the Synth Carbon piece today. I actually like it. Maybe someday we get a better option, but this will do for now.
20230802_155926.jpg

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It does look good, I got the matching cup holder inserts also so will try it. How hard is it to apply? Is the adhesive forgiving enough to line up multiple times?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Any discount codes?

Patio208

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It does look good, I got the matching cup holder inserts also so will try it. How hard is it to apply? Is the adhesive forgiving enough to line up multiple times?
It was a pretty easy install. I peeled off half of the adhesive then lined it up around the shifter bezel. Then I worked my way to the mode selector. From there I peeled the remainder of the adhesive and worked toward the rear. I do recall having to peel a small section and reapply with no problem.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red

Has anyone tried the FL5 one on an Integra? I would think it would fit no? Im 100% positive it will work on the DE5. Only issue I see is the price(and the red for some).
https://www.civictyperparts.com/col...-r-fl5-k20c1-2-0t-2023?variant=40090756022352