• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NFT/Not For Takeout: Do you lose it if you change your mind?

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
Hypothetical: What if the car you pre-ordered arrives, but then you want to change to a color combo that was not originally offered as a pre-order, then do you lose your NFT? Moreover, does anyone have the same scenario and knows how long it would/might take to receive your new order?

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
I've been scouring the TOS here https://acuraverse.com/ and they are not overly specific. In reading everything they have put out about the NFT, I am gathering that it will "convert" if you purchase any qualifying Next Gen Integra. I could be totally wrong on that, and there may be something we don't know about yet that connects a reservation number to a VIN. That's worst case for me, and the whole thing has been vague from the start.

I'm hoping one of the new owners who has already taken delivery of their car can confirm the process, and shed some light on the NFT. It is fairly inconsequential, but I am curious.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've been scouring the TOS here https://acuraverse.com/ and they are not overly specific. In reading everything they have put out about the NFT, I am gathering that it will "convert" if you purchase any qualifying Next Gen Integra. I could be totally wrong on that, and there may be something we don't know about yet that connects a reservation number to a VIN. That's worst case for me, and the whole thing has been vague from the start.

I'm hoping one of the new owners who has already taken delivery of their car can confirm the process and shed some light on the NFT. It is fairly inconsequential, but I am curious.
Thanks for your response to my inquiry! I also hope that one of the new owners can confirm/clarify the NFT process - in that, I am very curious as well!

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
NFT conversion email just came out from Acura. Looks like a link you enter into the metamask browser and then you put in your VIN. It’ll upgrade to a 1 of 1 animated NFT. It appears that they can tell if a VIN has been sold. But I’m not sure how that would stop someone who never bought one but got the NFT to enter in any sold Integra VIN. I won’t know until I get mine.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NFT conversion email just came out from Acura. Looks like a link you enter into the metamask browser and then you put in your VIN. It’ll upgrade to a 1 of 1 animated NFT. It appears that they can tell if a VIN has been sold. But I’m not sure how that would stop someone who never bought one but got the NFT to enter in any sold Integra VIN. I won’t know until I get mine.
đź‘Ś Thanks for the update! đź‘Ť

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
Wow, perfect timing. I received that email from Acura at 7:08pm Eastern! Thanks for the heads up... it was in my Spam.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
No luck here it says invalid vin... Didn someone take mine?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
That’s weird. I hope there’s more to it that just grabbing a VIN because every dealer site has the inventory, preordered or not, listed with VINs.

I should know this but it’s getting harder to keep track. Have you taken delivery yet? Maybe it knows that VIN isn’t sold yet.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That’s weird. I hope there’s more to it that just grabbing a VIN because every dealer site has the inventory, preordered or not, listed with VINs.

I should know this but it’s getting harder to keep track. Have you taken delivery yet? Maybe it knows that VIN isn’t sold yet.
I have had the car for a week. Not sure what else is possible

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Might explain why I haven’t seen any converted on open sea. Maybe there’s a glitch.

Desert Driver

First Name
Simmons
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra ASpec Tech 6MT in liquid carbon metallic
Several people are reporting the same problem over on the Facebook group. I don’t have one so can’t really speak to it, but it seems to be a universal problem.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Did the vehicle you received match the original reservation (no color or trim change with the dealership)?
Yep received as reserved

Several people are reporting the same problem over on the Facebook group. I don’t have one so can’t really speak to it, but it seems to be a universal problem.
Not good. Any outcome from the FB group?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yep received as reserved

Not good. Any outcome from the FB group?
Haven’t seen a fix yet. It’s gotta be something Acura hasn’t set up yet or some sort of delay on the VIN becoming active. If someone was able to and did take the VIN and use it already, prompting the invalid vin since it’s used already, there would be converted ones on Open Sea. But there isn’t.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
Haven’t seen a fix yet. It’s gotta be something Acura hasn’t set up yet or some sort of delay on the VIN becoming active. If someone was able to and did take the VIN and use it already, prompting the invalid vin since it’s used already, there would be converted ones on Open Sea. But there isn’t.
I wonder if Acura is waiting for the VIN to reflect as registered and confirming it matches the name on the reservation the NFT was claimed by. Registration with the state, at least in Florida, typically takes a few business days when submitted electronically. I guarantee the dealerships are using a doc service which processes these in batches too