• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New Integra Titanium Shift Knob the same as old RSX Titanium Shift Knob?

Clone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The Titanium Shift Knob is already on the official Acura parts and accessories website for $200.
https://dreamshop.honda.com/s/product/knob-shift-titanium/01t6g000004L5VpAAK

The part number ( 08U92-S2A-100 ) seems to be the same as the RSX Type S and S2000 Titanium Shift knob.
If it's actually the same then, we can already order it for much cheaper online, even Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-08U92-S2A-100-Shift-Titanium/dp/B001E3HUX2

Screenshot 2023-04-22 210602.png
Hmm, very interesting find. Thanks for the heads up! What would the advantage be? Longevity & better feel?

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
Just based on stock pictures/video, I don't think they're the same part. The ITS's knob looks shinier and maybe more rounded at the top like the FK8's knob, the S2K's more matte and flat at the top. I do prefer the red lettering and the matte look on the DC5-R's knob and I actually have it on my RSX-S, but it's aluminum, which is a much better heatsink than titanium, meaning titanium will feel less cold & hot to the touch. Also, titanium is denser, so will be heavier.

s2000 titanium shift knob.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 11.27.01 PM.png

Just went looking for red lettering OEM Honda titanium shift knobs and found this from, of all things, the last Fit:

08u92-t5a-100.jpg

P/N 08U92-T5A-100

OP
OP
Clone

Clone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Hmm, very interesting find. Thanks for the heads up! What would the advantage be? Longevity & better feel?
Yeah. It's really just user preference in terms of size, weight, shape, and material.

Weighted shift knobs will be easier and feel less notchy/smoother to row through gears.
Lighter shift knobs will have a notchier/more raw feel.
People prefer weighted knobs with a bad shifter to mask how bad the shift feel is.

I tried out a one pound stainless steel shift knob, and it was way too heavy imo.
It felt like I had to put too much effort into shift the gears, and the it didn't feel that much smoother.
But that might mean I just need to work out lol.

OP
OP
Clone

Clone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Just based on stock pictures/video, I don't think they're the same part. The ITS's knob looks shinier and maybe more rounded at the top like the FK8's knob, the S2K's more matte and flat at the top. I do prefer the red lettering and the matte look on the DC5-R's knob and I actually have it on my RSX-S, but it's aluminum, which is a much better heatsink than titanium, meaning titanium will feel less cold & hot to the touch. Also, titanium is denser, so will be heavier.

s2000 titanium shift knob.jpg
Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 11.27.01 PM.png

Just went looking for red lettering OEM Honda titanium shift knobs and found this from, of all things, the last Fit:

08u92-t5a-100.jpg

P/N 08U92-T5A-100
Yeah that's kinda weird. I found more photos of the 'new' Titanium Shift Knob, and they don't seem to be as chrome/shiny as the picture you sent. It's kinda hard to tell how round the top is with the different lighting.

TypeS_TiShiftKnob.png
TypeS_TiShiftKnob_IG.png

Pic from official Press Release, and from Acura's Instagram.

As for the Honda Fit Titanium Shift Knob, I literally could not find a picture of it on Google that's not a render.
I had to look up the Honda Fit brochure to try and see if a picture of it exists, and the picture in that still looks like a render.

Fit_TiShiftKnob.png

I found a twitter post having a Honda Fit with a Titanium Shift Knob, but a reply says that it came from the Honda S660.

It has a larger base so it wouldn't look right with the stock shift collar anyways.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Old thread but figured I'd weigh in for those landing here via search. I finally broke down and ordered the titanium shift knob, from OEMacuraparts.com, which is I believe actually the Acura of Peoria parts department. Bought it for way less than advertised through my dealer or the Acura "dream" store. OEM part number arrived, and it actually says S2000 shift knob on the box.

It is definitely a "brushed" finish and not polished at all. It feels much heavier than I'd expect titanium to weigh when you're holding it by itself, but it feels wonderful while driving. I did enjoy the OEM leather knob but after noticing just the slightest bit of irritation with the stitching on the back, decided to get the titanium knob and it's a worthy upgrade. 10/10 would buy again.

Also presumably Honda uses a universal thread pattern so literally any Honda shift knob, or aftermarket knob designed for a Honda will work.

LiquidCarbon

First Name
Laing
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech manual 6sp
I traded in a 2018 Fit EX HFP with the titanium shift knob on my 2024 Integra A-Spec Tech with the accessory Integra shift knob. The Fit knob was a very shiny silver and the Integra knob is a flat finish and grayer in color. If I could snap my fingers and exchange them, I would, but no plans now to do so.