• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MSRP Type S vs Marked up Type R?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
^^^^
Agreed. The only thing I don’t like about the CTR is the red interior. That’s a compromise I can accept, considering everything else.

Mike
I definitely prefer the seats in the R, but not a huge fan of the red interior. I do like the "heritage" or whatnot of the Type R badge, but also realize it's pretty much a novelty because really the only "track focus" comes down to software.
I like the seats, I don't mind their red color... but the red carpeting is hard to stomach. I don't imagine it aging well with daily use (especially with kids/pets) and (at least for now) there aren't any all-season mats that aren't black.

I'm also not crazy about the red front seats with the black back seats--I know it's standard Honda cost-cutting, but this car (like the SI) isn't large, the difference in materials is noticeable in a clashy way, at least to me.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Well I have at least a whole day to think about it. Neither of the sales guys I talked to yesterday are in today, car is in transit to arrive "in the next 12 days" so it's not at the dealer anyway, and I'm waiting to hear something back from the dealer I have a deposit with for an ITS on timeline.

I'm actually starting to come around to the Civic idea more. After all's said and done, my ITS cost including all the accessories I want installed will be north of $60k. That is actually a HUGE difference, even with the markup...

The Civic is marketed as the "track car you can daily", while the Integra is closer to "the daily you could take to the track". I feel like in my use case where I don't have a daily commute, the former is actually more relevant. I know really the only "competitive advantage" from a track perspective for the Civic is the seats and arguably the suspension tuning, but I'm not competitive anyway, I just need it to not fall apart when I'm beating on it and I think the Integra would be fine there.. still, something to think about.

Plus, I kind of feel like I'd be more inclined to modify the Civic. I know both of these cars are going to be severely down on power compared to what I'm used to with Porsche and M cars, but the idea of getting a little tune on is actually sort of compelling. I could of course do the same to the Integra but I feel like the Civic is already sort of in the "hot rod" category by default, and I just feel like personally I'm already feeling like I'd want to start tinkering with it, whereas with the Integra I was more inclined to just leave it stock. That's kind of generating its own excitement...

I know this is partly mental gymnastics because I'm just OVER waiting around for cars, especially with an open-ended estimate and my sales guy going dark for weeks on end. But... they are sort of the same car and both fit my use case. One is significantly cheaper than the other, and I can have it near-immediately.

It feels like it almost doesn't make sense to keep waiting unless I just really prefer the Integra. I'm not sure I do but like I said I've got a day or so to dwell on it...

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I like the seats, I don't mind their red color... but the red carpeting is hard to stomach. I don't imagine it aging well with daily use (especially with kids/pets) and (at least for now) there aren't any all-season mats that aren't black.

I'm also not crazy about the red front seats with the black back seats--I know it's standard Honda cost-cutting, but this car (like the SI) isn't large, the difference in materials is noticeable in a clashy way, at least to me.
True. Good points.
The Red carpet is a bit much but, I'll have most of the carpet covered with Lux Mats so it won't be so offensive.

And, I forgot to mention my dislike for the spoiler....
But, as mentioned earlier, I can accept these compromises, assuming I can make MSRP a reality.

Mike

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
The Red carpet is a bit much but, I'll have most of the carpet covered with Lux Mats so it won't be so offensive.

But, as mentioned earlier, I can accept these compromises, assuming I can make MSRP a reality.
Personally, I can't do just a bit of red, I either want to see all of it, or none of it--red all-season mats would be just fine with me, I'm surprised nobody's come out with them yet.

I think there's plenty of room for compromise at MSRP between the mismatched seats, lesser stero, tack-on spoiler... but at mark-up? Nahhh.

I'm also skeptical about the Type-R "heritage" and its ability to hold value long-term. The Type-R hasn't been in the US long-term, and certainly not for what one might call "typical" market conditions. Sure, they haven't depreciated much yet... but arguably lesser cars have held value better than one would reasonably expect. I'm curious to see how their values will fare long-term.

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
I'm actually starting to come around to the Civic idea more. After all's said and done, my ITS cost including all the accessories I want installed will be north of $60k. That is actually a HUGE difference, even with the markup...

The Civic is marketed as the "track car you can daily", while the Integra is closer to "the daily you could take to the track". I feel like in my use case where I don't have a daily commute,

I'm in this boat as well, what really turned me off what the fact the huge adm on the CTR. I don't have much of a commute anymore however creature comforts are nicer. In the end all one has to do is ask themselves, if all things being equal, MSRP to MSRP which would you buy (ITS or CTR)? There are obvious pros and cons, really depends ones finances and use case for the car. All the heritage stuff i think wont matter much regardless of what people think down the line. The OG ITR was rare, the FK8 thinks it is, but they are a dime a dozen used now, in time i don't believe the FL5 will be all that "rare" either. As long as the ADM on CTR are 10K+, i wont even blink, now they are around the 8K range....

(this doesn't apply to those if you refuse to pay any ADM or just dont like the CTR for whatever reason)
If you are in the camp of MSRP ITS and/or CTR with a "reasonable" ADM, its just a matter of whichever deal one gets first. Maybe we need a poll of what is acceptable ADM one is willing to pay for a CTR vs choosing an ITS at MRSP. I would pay $5K-6K, but thats it

For the JDM fanboys, IYKYK championship white on red on any Type R, there is no discussion.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I appear to have gotten lucky. It pays to foster relationships with your local dealer.

I decided this morning to throw one last Hail Mary to my local dealer, the actual dealer that let me drive the demo (not the one I have a deposit with). It was sort of perfect timing; they’re getting a performance red in transit eta 7/28-8/1.

I’m at the dealer now finalizing details for buying at msrp, with a fair trade value on my 718.

PorscheGt23

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITR 911
Just a sample of what the S will do with a tune. It’s a whole different car… 3rd gear pull.

Est 360whp.

IMG_8669.jpeg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just a sample of what the S will do with a tune. It’s a whole different car… 3rd gear pull.

Est 360whp.

IMG_8669.jpeg

Here I was thinking open atmosphere blow-off valves were a thing of the past... that one was super noticeable and took me right back to 2004.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s 100% recirculated metered air youre hearing.
I figured it had to be... but it sounds just as loud as so many of my buddies' eclipse gts/gtx, boosted integra/si, 240, sentra, etc. from back in the day.

I had a purple greddy type s on my 240 that did the "whistle", but nothing beat that 'TSH-SH-SH-SH-SHHH" of the HKS SSQV.

edit- actually just did the slightest bit of research. Been out of the Japanese tuner scene so long I had no idea it was still a thing.

THIS IS GIVING ME FEELINGS.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
I'm also skeptical about the Type-R "heritage" and its ability to hold value long-term. The Type-R hasn't been in the US long-term, and certainly not for what one might call "typical" market conditions. Sure, they haven't depreciated much yet... but arguably lesser cars have held value better than one would reasonably expect. I'm curious to see how their values will fare long-term.
Yeah. No. This analysis is so off.

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
The CTR interior is "racer boy red". I don't like it; too brash.

The Black/Red interior in my ITS is a subtle dark red. I don't love all red interiors, but the black/red combo looks good IMO.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
And your analysis is?
Integra Type-R: been in the US since the turn of the century so the Type-R heritage has 20+ years now, and everybody knows that even a decent condition one will get top dollar.

But even going outside of the Type-R nameplate, there's still the RSX Type-S, EP3 Civc Si, EM1 Civic Si, and EK Civic hatch in the US.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Integra Type-R: been in the US since the turn of the century so the Type-R heritage has 20+ years now, and everybody knows that even a decent condition one will get top dollar.

But even going outside of the Type-R nameplate, there's still the RSX Type-S, EP3 Civc Si, EM1 Civic Si, and EK Civic hatch in the US.
Sorry I may not have been clear—I’m talking specifically about FK8 and FL5 value, not speaking broadly into the ITR. Apples and oranges, in my opinion.

Seemed like this was a pretty CTR focused conversation.