• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Magnetic oil drain plug.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
just switch it out quickly and top it back off provided you have the same/correct fluid. It will be messy I'm sure. I think you have to take out a few thinmgs to access the fill hole. Maybe battery and airbox. Just going off a video I watched of "Point by Patrol" (you tube channel) changing his transmission fluid. Don't take this as gospel but I think that's what I saw.
I’m curious if there’s any appreciable difference the transmission plug makes. Or even just the oil drain plug for the matter.

Aren’t these big enough that the oil filter would catch them?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
People have survived for years and years without magnetic drain plugs. Just change the fluids when your supposed to and don't worry about it.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
People have survived for years and years without magnetic drain plugs. Just change the fluids when your supposed to and don't worry about it.
This is kind of where I'm at.

I'd rather install a fumoto valve.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I have the Spoon magnetic oil plug only but leaning Fumoto again now. No matter what I always make a mess on any car.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
I have the Spoon magnetic oil plug only but leaning Fumoto again now. No matter what I always make a mess on any car.
I've been driving a slightly lifted truck exclusively for about 5 years now and have gotten used to just being to slide underneath to do oil changes without having to jack thing up.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I've been driving a slightly lifted truck exclusively for about 5 years now and have gotten used to just being to slide underneath to do oil changes without having to jack thing up.
Same here, I’ve had a built Jeep & trucks for a while now. Never had to climb under either of the Pontiac’s LOL

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Same here, I’ve had a built Jeep & trucks for a while now. Never had to climb under either of the Pontiac’s LOL
It's so nice considering my mazda before was so low that I had to use a smaller jack on the pinchweld to jack it up enough so my main jack can get underneath it. PITA

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It's so nice considering my mazda before was so low that I had to use a smaller jack on the pinchweld to jack it up enough so my main jack can get underneath it. PITA
Wood ramps are so convenient!

IMG_4523.jpeg

IMG_2819.jpeg