• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
Hall Acura - Newport News, VA: MSRP + $2,500 ADM. Also, don’t bother going there to actually check the Integra Type S out. It is inside with a sold sign on it. The doors to the car are locked and the sales person explained it was sold and the owner doesn’t want anyone in it. :confused:
Guess I need to find a better dealer…

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
Just got off the phone with AutoNation Acura of Colorado Springs. They are + 7500 ADM, and they're telling people they're only making 200 this year, and getting 4 of them. I hate dealers lol

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
CardinaleWay Acura Las Vegas- 20k over MSRP :crazy:
This dealer tried to argue that the only reason their TLX Type S were sitting for months was because they were waiting on the right customer/price? lmao delusional behavior

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
Sounds like the dealer I'm working with. They are a great group and stick to their list. I'd say your inline to receive a car next year with only 20ish on the waiting list.
I hope you’re right. I read someone mentioned another Ohio dealer had over 100 people in line… seems like BS to me. If the demand was really that high, why not contact the other no-markup dealer in the same state with a waiting like of 20ish? I’d drive 3-4 hours to not wait several years for a car

Hakmamba

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000, T4R V8, Prius Prime, Integra Type S
I got on the list for Acura of Pleasanton, just fyi its 22+ now and eta is 2 years, and its only for local residents (east bay area that is) btw. The $1K Acc consists of 3 things (Wheel Locks, Tint, Nitrogen) for those interested.

Acura of Pleasanton - MSRP+ $1k Acc 🤔

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I hope you’re right. I read someone mentioned another Ohio dealer had over 100 people in line… seems like BS to me. If the demand was really that high, why not contact the other no-markup dealer in the same state with a waiting like of 20ish? I’d drive 3-4 hours to not wait several years for a car
That’s Acura Columbus, and I was one of the people who mentioned it—I’d be the first to say it was a scare tactic, but I did get to listen as they took call after call about the car on the 19th and the 22nd. They’re not taking deposits from everyone on that list, but it’s not implausible that they have a list that long. They’re centrally located, and have the most allocations in the state (9 for the year, plus they got 5-7 reservations).

Columbia Acura in Cinci is the only other MSRP dealer in the state (great people, sold me my ‘23 Integra) and they’re expecting 6 allocations with a list that’s 20+ (I don’t think they’ve been willing to say for sure).

eculley

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I walk.
Acura North Austin was not MSRP but rather 1200 forced accessory adm. Not a terrible deal as it included ceramic tint, all weather type s mats and cargo trey, door edge and door handle clear guards and wheel locks.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Just got off the phone with AutoNation Acura of Colorado Springs. They are + 7500 ADM, and they're telling people they're only making 200 this year, and getting 4 of them. I hate dealers lol
That’s Acura Columbus, and I was one of the people who mentioned it—I’d be the first to say it was a scare tactic, but I did get to listen as they took call after call about the car on the 19th and the 22nd. They’re not taking deposits from everyone on that list, but it’s not implausible that they have a list that long. They’re centrally located, and have the most allocations in the state (9 for the year, plus they got 5-7 reservations).

Columbia Acura in Cinci is the only other MSRP dealer in the state (great people, sold me my ‘23 Integra) and they’re expecting 6 allocations with a list that’s 20+ (I don’t think they’ve been willing to say for sure).
We've been told by our sales manager that our dealer is receiving 9 total units for this year, one of them being our demo car. The only other car we've seen so far is a black on black preorder. The sales manager has also expressed frustration with American Honda because of the lack of solidarity in their expectation dates for our units to arrive. I do know that we've been allowed 9 total units though...

-G

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
We've been told by our sales manager that our dealer is receiving 9 total units for this year, one of them being our demo car. The only other car we've seen so far is a black on black preorder. The sales manager has also expressed frustration with American Honda because of the lack of solidarity in their expectation dates for our units to arrive. I do know that we've been allowed 9 total units though...

-G
So why is it some dealers know what they're getting and others don't? Have they simply not asked? It's wild, cause the two MSRP dealers I'm in talks with (one deposited, actually 7th on the wait-list) hasn't got a clue or they're keeping it secret... Had no problem taking my money though.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
So why is it some dealers know what they're getting and others don't? Have they simply not asked? It's wild, cause the two MSRP dealers I'm in talks with (one deposited, actually 7th on the wait-list) hasn't got a clue or they're keeping it secret... Had no problem taking my money though.
I'm not sure why some dealers aren't being upfront with their expectation amounts to the client but it is possible that they may not know. Our sales managers are enthusiasts like us and have been on the ball since the Type-S was revealed about getting the car hyped and reaching out to prospective buyers, however they are at the mercy of American Honda about how many vehicles will be available. Some dealers will get a certain amount for the year while others may get less...

Also, keep in mind that there are stock builds coming to dealers and there are preorder builds as well. The stock builds (black on black, white on red, blue on orchid) are made according to how Acura wants to make them, in the amount that they want to make them. The preorder builds are obviously custom and must be matched to the vehicles they have available. So say you want a Tiger Eye on orchid interior...that's gonna be hard to source as opposed to let's say a Platinum white on black/red/orchid that are going to be more readily available. What I'm saying is that Acura has to meet the client's demands with color combo at the same rate they're getting the orders and they're only making a certain number of cars for this year so you have to consider that as a key factor. That's not to say that there aren't many of us out there that would be just fine with whatever combo happened to become available at our local dealer but the preorder cars take priority. If most dealers are getting 4-9 total units for this year and Acura has said they're going to make 200...it's a matter of which dealer gets what and which color combo preorders have been placed/deposited at that specific dealer...

I will say in my 16+ years of working for Honda/Acura, the dealers with the highest sales figures(total new units sold) get priority. Case in point, Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA has been the biggest Acura dealer in the country for what, the last 20 years now and they always have the very first of everything. I was there in 2007 for the TL Type-S debut and they got the very first demo. I was at Honda of Chantilly in 2017 for the FK8 and we were maybe the 4th dealer to receive ours. That's because Fairfax Honda, "The Giant" sold 10x more new vehicles than we had in our 3 year history of being a dealer. That same year, Pohanka Acura got one of, if not the first NC1 NSX. White on black interior with full carbon package...

Established dealerships with high sales volume get priority. American Honda will not admit it but common sense dictates that if they have their dealerships selling a ton more vehicles than some of their others...well. That of course, kinda goes out the window when they're only producing 200 cars for the year. Again, we've gotten our demo and one other ITS here so far and that was a client's preorder that he spec'd out and put a deposit on.

-G

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I'm not sure why some dealers aren't being upfront with their expectation amounts to the client but it is possible that they may not know. Our sales managers are enthusiasts like us and have been on the ball since the Type-S was revealed about getting the car hyped and reaching out to prospective buyers, however they are at the mercy of American Honda about how many vehicles will be available. Some dealers will get a certain amount for the year while others may get less...

Also, keep in mind that there are stock builds coming to dealers and there are preorder builds as well. The stock builds (black on black, white on red, blue on orchid) are made according to how Acura wants to make them, in the amount that they want to make them. The preorder builds are obviously custom and must be matched to the vehicles they have available. So say you want a Tiger Eye on orchid interior...that's gonna be hard to source as opposed to let's say a Platinum white on black/red/orchid that are going to be more readily available. What I'm saying is that Acura has to meet the client's demands with color combo at the same rate they're getting the orders and they're only making a certain number of cars for this year so you have to consider that as a key factor. That's not to say that there aren't many of us out there that would be just fine with whatever combo happened to become available at our local dealer but the preorder cars take priority. If most dealers are getting 4-9 total units for this year and Acura has said they're going to make 200...it's a matter of which dealer gets what and which color combo preorders have been placed/deposited at that specific dealer...

I will say in my 16+ years of working for Honda/Acura, the dealers with the highest sales figures(total new units sold) get priority. Case in point, Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA has been the biggest Acura dealer in the country for what, the last 20 years now and they always have the very first of everything. I was there in 2007 for the TL Type-S debut and they got the very first demo. I was at Honda of Chantilly in 2017 for the FK8 and we were maybe the 4th dealer to receive ours. That's because Fairfax Honda, "The Giant" sold 10x more new vehicles than we had in our 3 year history of being a dealer. That same year, Pohanka Acura got one of, if not the first NC1 NSX. White on black interior with full carbon package...

Established dealerships with high sales volume get priority. American Honda will not admit it but common sense dictates that if they have their dealerships selling a ton more vehicles than some of their others...well. That of course, kinda goes out the window when they're only producing 200 cars for the year. Again, we've gotten our demo and one other ITS here so far and that was a client's preorder that he spec'd out and put a deposit on.

-G
Makes sense. The dealer I have a deposit with said they're simply giving what's allocated, not "ordered" so to speak. That's kind of what's giving me anxiety lol. I'm wanting tiger eye, whichever combo, but if somehow an MBP or Apex Blue gets passed up by every other order and lands on me, I'll gladly take it. I've never been very good at waiting, but it's ambiguity of it that's getting to me.

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R

6 allocations for the first year, is my understanding. It’ll probably double after that (still low, but definitely attainable if there are around 25 people in line). I would prefer to get one after the mid model refresh happens, to have one of the last of the last ICE powered manuals out there, but if I get one sooner I won’t complain. I’m not buying the car for future resale value.

In either case it’s a 90 minute drive between Columbia Acura and Columbus Acura. Doesn’t make sense that one dealer would have 100 people on the list and the other has 25, even though they both charge no markup.

What’s more is I’m sure in either case, at least 20% of buyers will fall off the list once they grow tired of waiting. It happens with every wait list car.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
6 allocations for the first year, is my understanding. It’ll probably double after that (still low, but definitely attainable if there are around 25 people in line). I would prefer to get one after the mid model refresh happens, to have one of the last of the last ICE powered manuals out there, but if I get one sooner I won’t complain. I’m not buying the car for future resale value.

In either case it’s a 90 minute drive between Columbia Acura and Columbus Acura. Doesn’t make sense that one dealer would have 100 people on the list and the other has 25, even though they both charge no markup.

What’s more is I’m sure in either case, at least 20% of buyers will fall off the list once they grow tired of waiting. It happens with every wait list car.
From what I understand, Columbia won't definitively say how many they have on their list. We can speculate about how many it might be, or if/why Acura Columbus has such a long(er) list, or how many people waiting on the list might pass up an allocation... but might be easy enough to say sometimes life makes no sense.