• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I don't understand what "lotter system" means.....Also, I like how they said "purchase at market value".....
I think the market is gonna dictate this isn't worth 50grand. My guess. We'll see in a year how well they sell. At launch there always will be a few that just needs to have the newest thing.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Lottery meaning it will be like buying high demand concert tickets from Ticketmaster. Sold out after 200 & only some dealers will get more allocation after their first delivery - some just whatever amount they’re allocated from the first batch. One of my dealers confirms 5 allocations all arriving at the same time plus a demo arriving this month that I, & others with current deposits, can test drive. Waiting to hear back from the other dealer on their amount & end of year allocated expectations - he’s checking right now.

Also, sales mgr explained something interesting in order for both of their brands to hold value over time. Acura & Honda will basically “trade” amount of vehicles being produced from the factory & it goes in quarterly &/or yearly cycles. That way there’s not too many of any type of vehicles out on the road in comparison to say, Chrysler that he used as an example. Likely since I’m trading in my Ram. & he was spot on with that info as far as how CDJR vehicles depreciate quickly in comparison. He said this was all an effect from first Enterprise beginning to sell cars & then Toyota/Lexus doing this with their brands in order to obtain value over time.

He overly & throughly explained all this to me earlier today, but I’m still sleep deprived so this is the best way I can put it for now.😄

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Ive already confirmed with my dealer that if I dont get one of the 200 they are holding one of their allocations for me.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So if we account for inflation, had this car come out in 2020 it would have been the same exact price as the CTR is now(not including ADM's). The CTR would have been $37.9k. Last year the ITS would have been $50k.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
So if we account for inflation, had this car come out in 2020 it would have been the same exact price as the CTR is now(not including ADM's). The CTR would have been $37.9k. Last year the ITS would have been $50k.
The FK8 stickered at $38k for the 2020 MY.

The FL5 stickers at $44k (+15.8% over the 2020 FK8, but $38k in 2020 dollars is $44k in 2023 dollars).

Inflation sucks when wages don't keep pace, while corporations pump out record profits and just keep raising prices.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The FK8 stickered at $38k for the 2020 MY.

The FL5 stickers at $44k (+15.8% over the 2020 FK8, but $38k in 2020 dollars is $44k in 2023 dollars).

Inflation sucks when wages don't keep pace, while corporations pump out record profits and just keep raising prices.
Without getting into the black hole cesspool that is American politics.....elections have consequences.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
I have no doubt the 200 cars will sell out. 200 cars is not a lot for the entire country, and between the people that really want one and the financially illiterate people that'll roll over negative equity from a trade-in to get one, they'll sell out.

What I'll be more interested in is what the production volume will be for this car, and how quickly Acura is able to fulfill orders from people that don't get one at launch.

I've seen a few forum members comment that their dealerships they're talking to are saying that they are allocated for a fair number of cars (~9) for the rest of the year after the launch cars. If we assume those allocations start rolling in in September, that's ~2 cars per month. On a full calendar year, that's 24 cars per year for these dealerships, which is a good amount (certainly enough to fulfill any current demand of reservations). Also, this isn't a limited run of cars, so the ITS will continue to be built over the coming years.

I think there's a fair number of members that are waiting for the initial hype to die down, have the dealers clear out their backlog of reservations, and then we'll see what the dealerships end up doing with pricing.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have no doubt the 200 cars will sell out. 200 cars is not a lot for the entire country, and between the people that really want one and the financially illiterate people that'll roll over negative equity from a trade-in to get one, they'll sell out.

What I'll be more interested in is what the production volume will be for this car, and how quickly Acura is able to fulfill orders from people that don't get one at launch.

I've seen a few forum members comment that their dealerships they're talking to are saying that they are allocated for a fair number of cars (~9) for the rest of the year after the launch cars. If we assume those allocations start rolling in in September, that's ~2 cars per month. On a full calendar year, that's 24 cars per year for these dealerships, which is a good amount (certainly enough to fulfill any current demand of reservations). Also, this isn't a limited run of cars, so the ITS will continue to be built over the coming years.

I think there's a fair number of members that are waiting for the initial hype to die down, have the dealers clear out their backlog of reservations, and then we'll see what the dealerships end up doing with pricing.
Eventually we will get to the point of 0 ADM on these across the board and maybe you'll find a few dealers willing to drop below MSRP at the end of the month to move a unit. More so if they really start to pile up. I honestly don't see that happening, all these people wanting FL5's are going to flock to the ITS since its less expensive than a FL5 + ADM. Especially if it comes within a stones throw of the FL5 on the track.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Without getting into the black hole cesspool that is American politics.....elections have consequences.
Agreed.

If Jerome Powel had done his job properly back in 2017 and started slowly raising interest rates when corporate taxation was low and the economy was singing along, the Fed would've been in a much better position to deal with the economic slowdown caused by the pandemic. But that wasn't the case, Powel bent the knee at whatever Trump pressured him to do, he cut rates basically to zero, which meant that when COVID happened they couldn't cut rates to help spur the economy, so the only thing they could do was inject cash in to the economy via the near $3 trillion in stimulus bills that Trump signed in 2020.

So yes, you are correct. Elections, and mismanagement by the individuals appointed by the president, do have consequences.