• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Do you have to manually change to turn off rev hang on the stage 2 dual tune?
Rev hang is controlled by one drop down menu within throttle responsiveness. It applies to all tunes and modes( comfort, normal, sport). I'm using throttle responsiveness level 1 right now without the rev hang adjustment. I don't feel rev hang whatsoever so I don't feel they need to mess with it .

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I should probably stop saying I don't feel rev hang, the rev hang is there it just not as bad as people make it. I had a 2018 wrx, the rev hang in there is absolutely insane and then add the super crunchy gear shifts that sometimes don't even let you go into gear will make any manual tranny seem golden. I might just try the rev hang option and see if it makes the car more enjoyable. I'll report back tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
One thing I learned while poking about trying to understand this whole tuning thing is that I really like the 10th gen Civic dashboard. Central tach with a digital speedo and information in the center of it and fuel and water temp on the sides. I do not understand why manufacturers insist on having an analog speedo, when digital is all you need and all anyone looks at. The area wasted on an analog speedo could be used much more usefully.
Completely agree.

Along those lines, let me share a horror story with you. This gauge cluster, on my '22 Bronco, is the worst I've ever seen in any car in my life. Now, the gauge cluster doesn't diminish the fun of the Bronco, but it's a weak point in the vehicle.

You get an analog speedometer. And a digital speedometer. Along with a *ton* of wasted space. Large rectangle, with the speed all alone in the lower left. You end up *never* looking at the analog speedometer.

Now turn your attention to the tachometer. Digital indication, along with wasted space--not as much wasted space as the speedometer, but still. There is analog rpm indication. See that thin red line towards the upper right of the tachometer rectangle? Despite having a whole rectangle to work with, the vertical rising bar is faded, only really shows up thermometer-style (narrow bar) on the far right. Basically it's almost impossible to see an analog display of rpm.

So, if you ever think that Honda did it poorly, realize that it could be a LOT worse. Just disgraceful work by Ford.

Incidentally, they can do better. The Bronco Raptor gauge cluster appears to be a lot better.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-raptor-cluster-swap.34687/

1659933880498.png

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I gave revhang option a chance with throttle level 1 and I have to say it's better than I expected. Not only does the rev hang feel better but shifting feels smoother and maybe it's just me but clutch engagement changed in a good way. It's like the clutch went from economy mode to sport

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Are you liking throttle level 1 now? Initially you suggested it might be too much.

I think I might run the stg1 tune with throttle and turbo response at level 1. I think they are both “factory” with the default stg1 tune.

Related, what’s the difference between turbo response levels and the early spool check box?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Are you liking throttle level 1 now? Initially you suggested it might be too much.

I think I might run the stg1 tune with throttle and turbo response at level 1. I think they are both “factory” with the default stg1 tune.

Related, what’s the difference between turbo response levels and the early spool check box?
I'm liking throttle level 1, I think it was just me getting use to the car and if i remember correctly it was like a nice 70s day and the car just felt rather strong. Right now I'm running throttle level 1 with rev hang( loving the rev hang enhancement) and turbo level 1. 17psi in normal and 19psi sport. I do have map 2 at 18/21 but haven't tried it yet that's for a cool day. Early spool and turbo response difference I'm unaware of

Tux_Integra

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023
I'm liking throttle level 1, I think it was just me getting use to the car and if i remember correctly it was like a nice 70s day and the car just felt rather strong. Right now I'm running throttle level 1 with rev hang( loving the rev hang enhancement) and turbo level 1. 17psi in normal and 19psi sport. I do have map 2 at 18/21 but haven't tried it yet that's for a cool day. Early spool and turbo response difference I'm unaware of
you have all the gears on throttle 1?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Screenshot_20220809-063003_TunerView.jpg

Drive to work was great using the rev hang enhancement, I would definitely recommend using it if your using ktuner. When the temps are cool like this, the car shines. Trying to figure out if a cold air intake on this platform can help bring the temps down faster when heat soaked or does it just behave the same at a certain point
Just a quick edit temp by me is 85 with 89% humidity. So the intake is doing its job but there is a limit and after about 35mins of driving the temps start to go up rather quickly but on short drives it does it job. So im wondering if a cold air can actually help increase that limit or will it just heatsoak just as quick.

Last edited:

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Screenshot_20220809-063003_TunerView.jpg

Drive to work was great using the rev hang enhancement, I would definitely recommend using it if your using ktuner. When the temps are cool like this, the car shines. Trying to figure out if a cold air intake on this platform can help bring the temps down faster when heat soaked or does it just behave the same at a certain point
First off, I'd like to thank you for all the info you have and continue to provide. I'm trying to soak it all in like a sponge.

Regarding heat, I'm not sure there's a whole lot you can do (from purely a theory point). Sometimes - like now - it's just plan hot. if I remember correctly, most cold air intakes move the inlet down and away from the engine. But, if it's hot as balls out and the sun is beating on the tarmac, the air down there isn't going to be much cooler than it is a few inches higher. As much as I would hate to go all fast and furious, I'm thinking the only way to mitigate it some would be with a more capable intercooler, but I'm still thinking gains would be minimal. Nitrous? :dunno:

KTuner

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Car(s)
2017 Si
what is the difference between padding and response?
Padding isn't available on this application, as it wasn't necessary, so I'm unsure why you're asking. Many descriptions can be found in our online help section, though.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First off, I'd like to thank you for all the info you have and continue to provide. I'm trying to soak it all in like a sponge.

Regarding heat, I'm not sure there's a whole lot you can do (from purely a theory point). Sometimes - like now - it's just plan hot. if I remember correctly, most cold air intakes move the inlet down and away from the engine. But, if it's hot as balls out and the sun is beating on the tarmac, the air down there isn't going to be much cooler than it is a few inches higher. As much as I would hate to go all fast and furious, I'm thinking the only way to mitigate it some would be with a more capable intercooler, but I'm still thinking gains would be minimal. Nitrous? :dunno:
I'm wondering if e85 can help keep things cooler during high heat but not sure if this fuel lines are built for it. I have to do some research. It helped when I had my frs