• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
It is definitely better all around. Remember turbo pressure isn't the only aspect of tuning either.
No of course. Just was curious because I didn't see any dyno charts on it to compare to factory tune

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
@KTuner , just curious. Based on RB2490’s experience, I’m thinking of running just the 18psi non dual tune. Your site says it removes throttle dampening on low end.

At this link, http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/disable_boost_target_dampening.htm?ms=AkIAIAQE&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw. It talks about boost target dampening and if you disable it, it’s recommended to used boost by gear to protect the CVT.

I understand what boost and throttle dampening are and that they’re different. But it got me thinking if removing any low end dampening would be rough on the CVT.

Then I found that the Phearable 1.5R tune for the CVT is slightly changed on the low end to help protect the CVT from additional stress.

Do your starter tunes make any accommodations for the CVT? Or does the removal of throttle dampening not affect it? I don’t really want to mess with boost by gear or anything for that matter. I want to plug in, load the stage 1 tune, and call it a day.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
@KTuner , just curious. Based on RB2490’s experience, I’m thinking of running just the 18psi non dual tune. Your site says it removes throttle dampening on low end.

At this link, http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/disable_boost_target_dampening.htm?ms=AkIAIAQE&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw. It talks about boost target dampening and if you disable it, it’s recommended to used boost by gear to protect the CVT.

I understand what boost and throttle dampening are and that they’re different. But it got me thinking if removing any low end dampening would be rough on the CVT.

Then I found that the Phearable 1.5R tune for the CVT is slightly changed on the low end to help protect the CVT from additional stress.

Do your starter tunes make any accommodations for the CVT? Or does the removal of throttle dampening not affect it? I don’t really want to mess with boost by gear or anything for that matter. I want to plug in, load the stage 1 tune, and call it a day.
Phearable tune đź’Ż

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
Does the Phearable tune work on CVT Integra's? I didn't see specifically that it did or didn't but if it does, definitely has my interest

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Does the Phearable tune work on CVT Integra's? I didn't see specifically that it did or didn't but if it does, definitely has my interest
It does and it’s adjusted slightly for the CVT to remove a bit of low end tq.
Phearable tune đź’Ż
I would prefer this. However I don’t want to run that much boost. The tune is either under factory boost levels (granted smoother and more power) and the other 2 options are higher than I’m wanting. I also don’t want to keep the Ktuner in the car plugged in. So it would default to low boost which I don’t think would be enough. It’s also more aggressive overall vs the Ktuner starter maps and I’m looking for a mild tune.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It does and it’s adjusted slightly for the CVT to remove a bit of low end tq.

I would prefer this. However I don’t want to run that much boost. The tune is either under factory boost levels (granted smoother and more power) and the other 2 options are higher than I’m wanting. I also don’t want to keep the Ktuner in the car plugged in. So it would default to low boost which I don’t think would be enough. It’s also more aggressive overall vs the Ktuner starter maps and I’m looking for a mild tune.
For off the shelve maps ktuners starter maps are pretty good. I've been thinking of going with the phearable tune if I do feel the itch for more power. I really love the dual tune map because even the low boost 16.5 feels better than stock. Having the 18 Psi in sport mode really makes sport mode feel like a sport mode. It feels like fast and furious and I'm flipping nitro switch. Okay I'm exaggerating but you get what I mean. Once I get bored I will be switching to 18psi for normal and 21 for sport but I do want an intake for swoosh sounds and a more aggressive growl.

KTuner

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Car(s)
2017 Si

Two separate things. You'll notice the feature talked about in help was a checkbox you'd be able to control in quick enables. It's not an option you actually have on this platform.

Our tunes are perfectly fine for CVT applications as well.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20220729_072114.jpg

Question on these settings. First did anybody change these or leave them at factory. My question is turbo responsiveness does it mess with longevity of the turbo? And what's the difference between all 3

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I uploaded a new tune. Throttle responsiveness level 1. Normal target 17psi and sport target 19 Psi.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First impressions 17psi and 19psi Is that there is a more power felt in the higher rpm band. Rpms run out quicker so you have to be quick to shift or you'll bounce of the limiter by time you know it. Throttle level I doesn't really feel that much different in comfort and normal. If anything throttle feels dead in comfort but it may just be that I've been driving in sport for the past week or two and not use to comfort anymore. Sport mode feels like a wrx where the throttle is almost too much . Wife starting getting nauseous. Is there any info on the difference between throttle 1, 2, or 3. Gas mileage also was affected alot where in sport I was only getting 21-22 mpg and I wasn't really driving it hard. That's all city driving and stop and go

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Screenshot_20220729-150613_TunerView.jpg

Did a few pulls today but it was very humid and hot. Could not get 19psi target but not far off. I notice that in gear 1 and 2 boost won't go high. Stuck at 16.5 -16.6 but once I hit gear 3I see 18psi. Is this by design that 1st and 2nd gear have a lower boost target or is it too hot to reach max boost levels?

KTuner

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Car(s)
2017 Si
If you're starting with one of our included tunes you have access to all limit tables in the software if you want to see how they're setup in the tune. We don't setup boost by gear by default. You can look at a datalog to see what the target was at any given point.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you're starting with one of our included tunes you have access to all limit tables in the software if you want to see how they're setup in the tune. We don't setup boost by gear by default. You can look at a datalog to see what the target was at any given point.
Thanx for the info. I'm really trying to understand everything in the tune. I've always understood tunes but never really understood the tables and etc. Just couldn't figure out why 1st and 2nd won't go past 16.7 but 3rd and 4th will