• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Kia K5 GT (w/GT1 package)

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I agree. Our 21 Sorento (granted it’s the top trim) is excellent. Amazing power train and features are outstanding. All LED lighting in and out. Tons of interior room. Real leather and quilted at that. Pano roof. Vented seats. Massive screens with excellent UI. digital gauges. Turn signal camera in the gauge cluster. They pack a lot into what I think is the best looking SUV on the market.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Actually, the Kia products have many more luxury features than the Integra.
Yes, you are certainly correct about this. Our experience was a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD, replaced with a 2019 Acura RDX Advance SH-AWD. Both were top of the line. It's an unfair comparison because 11 years newer, but in the interior, we think the seats are much nicer, the wood trim looks better (I think it's real), and the soft touch materials have a better feel. That's what I was thinking about when I referred to luxury amenities, poor word choice by me. of course YMMV. Feature for Feature, I'm sure the Kia offers more for less money.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
It's on the long list of "the cars that I almost bought" lol
It's not for me, but many people will be happy with it.
Much better than 2.5T Stinger if you don't care about the RWD dynamics and the hatch.
The 8DCT in it is absolutely amazing and it looks much, much better than the Sonata.
Actually, I think everything they sell now are better looking/better value than their siblings from Hyundai.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Yes, you are certainly correct about this. Our experience was a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD, replaced with a 2019 Acura RDX Advance SH-AWD. Both were top of the line. It's an unfair comparison because 11 years newer, but in the interior, we think the seats are much nicer, the wood trim looks better (I think it's real), and the soft touch materials have a better feel. That's what I was thinking about when I referred to luxury amenities, poor word choice by me. of course YMMV. Feature for Feature, I'm sure the Kia offers more for less money.
Got it, I agree some of the materials and similar features in the Acura will be/should be better - this is one of the things that causes the price discrepancy.

recentlydivorced

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kia K5 GT
OK a couple things in regards to the Kia K5 GT (I have one with the GT1 package)

1. The rear seats fold down so the lift back for loads would not be an issue I doubt.
2. Resale and/or looks. I drove mine to work last friday ( company vehicle most of the time). One of my mechanics saw me drive up in it and only saw it from the side and started telling me I made too much money with the new car. When I said damn the is a Kia dude. He came over a said he thought it was one of the small audi sport sedans. The look is fantastic.
3.I traded in a 2016 corvette 2lt for this car (old knees made it difficult to get out of the vette - I hate getting old) the only premium item I don't have in the K5 GT that I had in the vette is a performance data recorder and a heads up display.
4. Time in Quarter mile rating is only 1.2 seconds slower. Actual time I do not know as have not taken new car to the track yet. 13.7 is was the tech sheet says and my vette was 12.5(I personnally never got to that number though).