• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

JB4 Tuning

boothie36

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
i went with hondata and it works great i love how you can enable launch control and disable rev match personally id go with hondata if i were you

OP
OP

arod19863

First Name
Abram
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra 2023 Liquid Carbon
i went with hondata and it works great i love how you can enable launch control and disable rev match personally id go with hondata if i were you
How much hp and wtq did you end up getting with the Hondata the main reason I was considering it is because it's not an actual tune and it won't mess with the warranty.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Any tune is an actual tune. You change the programming for more boost it will affect the warranty. Any additional power or even a change of 0.01%afr and it could void the warranty. A tune is a tune. There are no CYA tunes. You take the risk if something goes wrong when you choose to tune.

seca400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2018 Civic Si
Any tune is an actual tune. You change the programming for more boost it will affect the warranty. Any additional power or even a change of 0.01%afr and it could void the warranty. A tune is a tune. There are no CYA tunes. You take the risk if something goes wrong when you choose to tune.
I had my si boosted sky high and the dealer never had an issue with me... If you play dumb and cause a major failure, obviously they won't cover your own destruction, but if you do things properly and a factory defect comes to light, they will support you unless they're total jerks.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
If you want to play with fire and don't mind getting burned. Go for it.
I always modded my cars but was aware of the risk of getting a claim denial if something goes south.
The risk of claim denial is there. In the end, is up to you to decide if you are willing to take it.

Right now I don't think will touch the ITS at all. Will remain stock.
Maybe after the warranty expires will do a custom tune with a bigger intercooler.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Get a real tune. Hondata if you have an ITS, KTuner if you have the 1.5. Same price or less than JB4 which is just a piggyback. Honda/Acura cannot tell if the ECU has been flashed as long as you flash it back to stock. That being said you do something dumb with a tune and they will know regardless.

seca400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Get a real tune. Hondata if you have an ITS, KTuner if you have the 1.5. Same price or less than JB4 which is just a piggyback. Honda/Acura cannot tell if the ECU has been flashed as long as you flash it back to stock. That being said you do something dumb with a tune and they will know regardless.
Not true, if they suspect it they can send a tech to run a code analysis on the ecu. This is covered well on civicx forums

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not true, if they suspect it they can send a tech to run a code analysis on the ecu. This is covered well on civicx forums
10th gen civic and 11th gen civic ECU’s aren’t the same. Also the 1.5 ecu is completely different type than the 2.0

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
They can.
Returning back to stock doesn't rollback the jailbreak.;)

seca400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10th gen civic and 11th gen civic ECU’s aren’t the same. Also the 1.5 ecu is completely different type than the 2.0
They're different part numbers, but not all that different, aside from CTR and ITS being locked. They're made by the same company, and comply to the same ISO standards, I do not see any information available that identifies a change to how the ECU's are flashed and logged.

seca400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They're different part numbers, but not all that different, aside from CTR and ITS being locked. They're made by the same company, and comply to the same ISO standards, I do not see any information available that identifies a change to how the ECU's are flashed and logged.
The CTR and ITS use a Bosch ECU which is completely different hence why you need to jailbreak it in order to tune it. The 1.5 ECU is in no way related to the CTR/ITS ECU and is 100% not made by the same company. Keihin makes the 1.5T ECU.

seca400

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The CTR and ITS use a Bosch ECU which is completely different hence why you need to jailbreak it in order to tune it. The 1.5 ECU is in no way related to the CTR/ITS ECU and is 100% not made by the same company. Keihin makes the 1.5T ECU.
Ok, but why can't Honda read off it?