• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is this a bad idea or a good one?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Personally, I'm not a fan of all the A-Spec badging. They look out of place in the Integra body lines. I much more like how Infiniti does theirs. on the Q50 you have Blue Sport(killed off after a year or so), Silver Sport or Red Sport. The difference? The Color of the S on the badge Q50S, Q50S, Q50S.

I feel like Acura could do something similar and for the A-Spec their logo is an A, just make the A in their emblem itself Red. Of course, this doesn't necessarily translate to the Type-S as well, but some companies already let you order their emblems in Chrome, black, gunmetal, ect Type-R has a red Honda logo, in some brands. Why not use it to signify what level your car is? Chrome = base, Red A is A-spec and perhaps Black chrome is Type-S, or a fully red A with a red surround. It would eliminate the need for side emblems, and people can see in their rear view what spec you have.

Just ideas. I feel like extra badging is over used on cars anymore. I prefer cleaner looks.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I think the badge just needs to be pulled from the sides. Outside of front grille/rear bumper we don't need the badges anywhere else.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I like the idea of the cleaner look. I like your color coded idea to differentiate trims. I would like to see this on the grille and rear. I don't really like the fender badging. However, I am glad Acura doesn't do something as obnoxious as the C pillar on the BMW X2's

OP
OP
bullitt

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I like the idea of the cleaner look. I like your color coded idea to differentiate trims. I would like to see this on the grille and rear. I don't really like the fender badging. However, I am glad Acura doesn't do something as obnoxious as the C pillar on the BMW X2's
I get people that like to show off what their trim level is, I mean, they paid for it, why not brag some. I just prefer it to be a bit more subtle. People that don't know anything about Acura would know what Aspec or Type-S mean anyway, no matter how large the badge is.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I get people that like to show off what their trim level is, I mean, they paid for it, why not brag some. I just prefer it to be a bit more subtle. People that don't know anything about Acura would know what Aspec or Type-S mean anyway, no matter how large the badge is.
Yeah I like the Porsche mantra of debadging or rebadging however you want right from the factory

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I agree they don’t look amazing on the fenders. But there are only 3 badges total. The car doesn’t have a lot since Integra is in the bumper. At least it’s not covered in mismatching font and 87 badges like Mazda’s.

Reactions: HKF