• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Are the spring rates same or greater that OEM? I have seen some alot softer. Spoon shows it 10% greater than OEM so these should sag.
not sure but H&R should be answer. I know they test their springs on the roads and at the Ring before going to production.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
some people are disabling them on the Civic forums. I'm pretty confident they'll share the same dampers with a different tune. Possibly different springs but the ride can be tuned by damper control. Doesn't matter anyway, most people will be lowering it anyway.
Savagegeese said they are using the same spring rates but much different damping profiles on the FL5 compared to the FK8. I wonder if the DE5 will end up with the same spring rates as the FL5 and then use the FK8 damping profiles, since people never had problems with comfort on the FK8. They would also be profiles that were proven to perform well on both the track and street.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Savagegeese said they are using the same spring rates but much different damping profiles on the FL5 compared to the FK8. I wonder if the DE5 will end up with the same spring rates as the FL5 and then use the FK8 damping profiles, since people never had problems with comfort on the FK8. They would also be profiles that were proven to perform well on both the track and street.
Any link to where this was mentioned? I'm addicted to FL5 and DE5 content.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Itā€™s in their FL5 video review
I will need to rewatch this. Can't believe I missed that information.
I'm running FK8 springs upfront now.

Last edited:

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
yeh and people are swapping out the damper module to special edition to make it stiff as fl5
Swapping out FK8 damper modules to match the LE? I guess that makes sense, but I imagine the FL5 uses completely new hardware, so I feel like the DE5 will probably get at least some hardware changes like valving.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Swapping out FK8 damper modules to match the LE? I guess that makes sense, but I imagine the FL5 uses completely new hardware, so I feel like the DE5 will probably get at least some hardware changes like valving.
Could all be the same hardware with ADS being different in programming.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
It's possible, but I just can't imagine the same dampers could just be reprogrammed for vastly different damping profiles without some valving changes. At least on the FK8 it seems like they were using the full range of damping adjustment to provide a range from Comfort to R+. There's some info on this here: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/type-r-technology.12494/.

Midnight_VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I apologize if this has been posted already but here is a video of the infotainment and gauge cluster.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Disappointing that we didn't get any of the CTR screens. They just renamed Normal mode as sport mode.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Weird that their wonā€™t be an exhaust setting in individual????
The CTRā€™s individual mode has a lot more customization than the ITSā€™ does

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
The CTRā€™s individual mode has a lot more customization than the ITSā€™ does
Is it just me or 43-45k msrp seems reasonable with that kind of things missing ? Man for every plus the ITS has, theres something missing from the type Rā€¦ Racing seats, car customization, R-mode gage clauster, front brake heat extractor, log r vs heated seats, better sound system, leatherette rear seats, HUDā€¦ Can they just release the MSRP šŸ˜‚