• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
With regards to the power memory seat, it's possible that the electronics from the base car might not have worked with just one power seat instead of two, so they just left it out of the prototype. Maybe they'll work on getting that figured out and either put it in the production car or the 2025 run? Honda has done these kinds of minor tweaks in the past, like when they added the volume knob to the 2019 FK8. Heck they even did a major emergency refresh of the 2013 Civic's exterior even though the 2012 Civic was a brand new design because people didn't like the way the 2012 looked.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
With regards to the power memory seat, it's possible that the electronics from the base car might not have worked with just one power seat instead of two, so they just left it out of the prototype. Maybe they'll work on getting that figured out and either put it in the production car or the 2025 run? Honda has done these kinds of minor tweaks in the past, like when they added the volume knob to the 2019 FK8. Heck they even did a major emergency refresh of the 2013 Civic's exterior even though the 2012 Civic was a brand new design because people didn't like the way the 2012 looked.
It’s possible.

It just seems odd that they tout having no sunroof as a “weight savings”, keep the power driver seat but not make it memory (just make it manual at that point, even more weight savings and it’s faster to adjust).

No USB ports for the rear is also weird (although it looks like if your order that rear air vent kit, it also comes with rear USB as well).

I don’t know, it just seems like there are a lot of head-scratchers when we look at features not present in this car that are present in lower trim levels.

Or like you said, maybe it’ll get added before production, or for a future model year of the car (which would certainly annoy early adopters of the vehicle).

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
They should be as of last Friday. Reach out to them. My better dealer contacted me immediately. The other is still crickets. Salesman said that came directly from the regional manager.

Supposedly online reservation is NOT required this time around. Just a deposit with the dealership.
I will tomorrow for sure. I have been in contact with them. I am #2 on their list I’m told. Salesman said we should be good on me getting one.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 targa, Model Y, Civic SI
The way I see it, price should marginally be higher than a Civic Type R… most people seems to think it has a lot more feature when it really doesn’t. It has heated seat… yeah well in Canada a civic LX has them so its not exactly a luxury feature, a better sound system for sure, leatherette back seat and a HUD. But you do lose the limited factor of the type R, the better Type-R seats, LOG-R app, Type-R mode in the cluster, shifting lights, a wing, behind the front wheel vents to extract brake heat, bigger cargo space. Thats quite the loss… the way I see it, price should be very close to the type R for the ITS. I really like the type-S but the rear vents and usb missing is strange in a luxury brand car and the no memory seat feature is even worse !! At least in the type R seats are manual … I prefer manual seat if no memory to be honest. I guess I should buy a fl5 but its not possible in Canada, they are sold out. You also have to realise i’m in Canada so mark up are less a thing here so MSRP is the only thing that matter.

Edit :ITS also have parking sensors. If I don’t use them on my ridgeline, pretty sure I would not on an integra but its a feature the FL5 doesnt have
Another big miss on the ITS is the lack of body-molded fenders. Having them tacked on the back really cheapens the look IMO. Between that and the significant downgrade in terms of seats, I still love the ITS (from what I can see), but it's not a slam dunk over the CTR. I would happily buy either, but my preference is slightly for the CTR due to the seats/fenders.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Honda did
It’s possible.

It just seems odd that they tout having no sunroof as a “weight savings”, keep the power driver seat but not make it memory (just make it manual at that point, even more weight savings and it’s faster to adjust).

No USB ports for the rear is also weird (although it looks like if your order that rear air vent kit, it also comes with rear USB as well).

I don’t know, it just seems like there are a lot of head-scratchers when we look at features not present in this car that are present in lower trim levels.

Or like you said, maybe it’ll get added before production, or for a future model year of the car (which would certainly annoy early adopters of the vehicle).
It's possible they rushed this to market and ended up using a lot of Type R parts (hence the lack of USB ports, etc). Maybe a year or two of time will let them better differentiate. Another possibility is that they cut a lot of these things like rear USB and memory seats due to supply chain shortages on electronics (which a lot of manufacturers have been dealing with over the past couple years). In both these scenarios, they could end up resolving this with future model years.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Another possibility is that they cut a lot of these things like rear USB and memory seats due to supply chain shortages on electronics (which a lot of manufacturers have been dealing with over the past couple years). In both these scenarios, they could end up resolving this with future model years.
My concern with that is that they exist on lower model Integras, so it’s not like they’re that constrained on supply that they would remove the feature from the flagship Integra, but still put them on lower trim levels.

My guess is that they’re not included at launch, and maybe those features will be added in the future (or maybe not, who knows).

It makes me question do I get one at launch, or do I wait for a later model what to see what might (or might not) be added?

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
All the negatives will disappear if msrp is like 45k.

All shown models are still pre production, so there is some hope.

Scratching my head who is the target market is for this car. If they leave too many luxury features the competition will eat it up, and if they remove too many type r performance parts the enthusiasts buyers will not be interested.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Scratching my head who is the target market is for this car. If they leave too many luxury features the competition will eat it up, and if they remove too many type r performance parts the enthusiasts buyers will not be interested.
My theory is they sensed the frustration around the low FL5 availability and knew they had to get a car to market fast to fill that demand. Now they probably could have waited another year to polish this car even further amidst supply chain shortages and time constraints, but getting this car to the market addresses demand ASAP. Those of us who are really excited about this car will buy it despite some features being cut. Those of us who care about these features a lot will wait and see what happens, so if they add those features for 2025, they'll win over people on the fence later. I do think the sunroof isn't coming though: it would increase weight, reduce headroom (and room for helmets), and reduce chassis rigidity. The 5th seat seems like a load rating thing so that's doubtful as well. Different front seats and the rear USB hub seems pretty easily doable for a future year.

It makes me question do I get one at launch, or do I wait for a later model what to see what might (or might not) be added?
My strategy is waiting for reviews and seeing what folks think about the car for a few months. If people are disappointed I may go for a 2024 FL5, but if the Integra still seems exciting I'm going to go for a 2025. Even if no features change by then, I'd rather have the peace of mind that any bugs identified in the first year will be addressed by the second model year (it also gives time for demand to settle and prices to go down).

MrOhnoez

First Name
S.
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jetta GLI
Another big miss on the ITS is the lack of body-molded fenders. Having them tacked on the back really cheapens the look IMO. Between that and the significant downgrade in terms of seats, I still love the ITS (from what I can see), but it's not a slam dunk over the CTR. I would happily buy either, but my preference is slightly for the CTR due to the seats/fenders.
Didn't the Goodwood unveiling show that they are in fact body molded but made to look tacked on?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Didn't the Goodwood unveiling show that they are in fact body molded but made to look tacked on?
Front is molded rear isnt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 targa, Model Y, Civic SI
Nitpicking the fenders and seats aside, this is a beautiful looking car and I will definitely pick one up if I can get it for MSRP, and MSRP is <50k. I've called a few dealers in the Midwest. So far, only one was willing to take a deposit for an unknown ADM, and the rest I called basically knew nothing about the car and wouldn't take a deposit or comment on market adjustments.

dadcab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura RDX PMC, 2017 Acura MDX Advance
I've owned one Honda and two Acuras over the last 20 years. We keep them for a long time. I bought my 2021 RDX PMC for msrp during the pandemic (Dec 2020). I refuse to pay a mark up and feel somewhat insulted by it. Every oil change, every service, every tire purchase was made at my local dealer. We will see.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I re-read C&D’s review of the 1997 Type R this morning. Air conditioning was a dealer-installed option 😆. Still, a curious choice for the Type S to lose small things the A-Spec has, when the A-Spec is already lacking compared to its competitors.
Yep, that’s how they were.

A good friend and prior neighbor purchased a new 1998 Integra Type R and if memory serves me correctly, the dealer added air conditioning and radio (?) before he took delivery. Man, what an amazing car. I loved driving it.

Mike