• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Type S Review Embargo Date?

zozi8816

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model3
any chance embargo will be lifted before June?
I think for CTR it was lifted on a random day.. and all the shinanigans where some journalists werent invited (Matt Farah) to the Texas event.
heck who knows, could even be tomorrow after the orders open.
Can't wait.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
any chance embargo will be lifted before June?
I think for CTR it was lifted on a random day.. and all the shinanigans where some journalists werent invited (Matt Farah) to the Texas event.
heck who knows, could even be tomorrow after the orders open.
Can't wait.
Doubtful--most reviewers have suggested they'll be reviewing the car in June.

Liquid ITS 24

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Honda Accord V6 6 Speed
Dealers are getting demo cars now. First batch launch pre-orders getting their cars ~June 30th

Second batch of colors (Blue/Blk, Gold/White, Grey/Black, White/Black) August-October is what my dealer told me

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Dealers are getting demo cars now. First batch launch pre-orders getting their cars ~June 30th

Second batch of colors (Blue/Blk, Gold/White, Grey/Black, White/Black) August-October is what my dealer told me
It will be that late in June? I will have 18k miles by then...

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R

It will be that late in June? I will have 18k miles by then...
This "second batch of colors" aligns with this spreadsheet that's been circulated around, but I haven't been able to get either dealership to commit to a timeline on when Acura will be producing which color combos:

Colors.jpeg

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
On a similar note. Don’t pay ADM on this car. Some dealers are trying to take advantage of the CTR’s low production and trick people into thinking this is the same. I’ve already seen it. Dealers saying things like “this car is super rare” or “there is massive demand for this car”

Neither are true. WE see demand because we are on an Integra forum lol. But since Acura over priced it, they won’t be getting ANY cross shoppers. NO ONE from Audi, MB, BMW, etc will get the ITS over the comp at the same price point.

And a lot of current Integra owners already reached to afford the base. They can’t afford another $15k, especially with todays interest rates. If I was interested I’d be paying cash because of those rates. Not everyone can do that.

Dealers will sell a bunch at MSRP over the first few months.The ones charging ADM will only sell to those who know nothing about the car and can be lied to that it’s an ultra rare limited production car. They’ll even show the sales and pricing of the CTR and say the ITS is the same. But again, just like the base which dealers have like 40 of just sitting on the lot. The ITS will be plentiful by October.
Honestly by this logic the CTR should be pretty plentiful later this year too. There are so many sitting on lots, and markups are down to <$10k in many cases.

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
It doesn’t take the plant months to make 200 cars. Based on sold units, the make at least 1000 integras a month. Plus other models. Once they’re built it only takes 10-14 days to get to the dealer.

Also Acura said on sale next month. That’s June. Meaning non preorder 200 units will be out next month. This release is different than others Acura has done. Dealers got their allocations a few weeks ago and placed color orders. Those will be in next month. The 200 just comes out before the launch. So like a week early.

Try to get a 200 one. If not don’t sweat it. There will be plenty of ITS’ to go around. It’s not a limited production model and made in OH. By the end of the year dealers will have 2+ sitting just like they have MDX-S and TLX-S now.
Do we know for certain about production volumes, or when they’ll stop making them?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Honestly by this logic the CTR should be pretty plentiful later this year too. There are so many sitting on lots, and markups are down to <$10k in many cases.
Can you find me a markup of less than $10k? Because I haven't found one for less than $15k over sticker in the last 2 months. That's in my regular search of available cars from Illinois to New York, Michigan to North Carolina.

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
Can you find me a markup of less than $10k? Because I haven't found one for less than $15k over sticker in the last 2 months. That's in my regular search of available cars from Illinois to New York, Michigan to North Carolina.
Check Hugh White Honda, Economy Honda Superstore, Gwinnett Place Honda and Checkered Flag Honda. All quoted me prices under $55k this week.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Check Hugh White Honda, Economy Honda Superstore, Gwinnett Place Honda and Checkered Flag Honda. All quoted me prices under $55k this week.
Hugh White quoted me $10k over MSRP when they had a CTR in transit, then they wanted $15k over when it arrived, insisting they never said the markup was $10k. 😂

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The CTR is limited production. The plant in Japan isn’t making them endlessly. They stop at a number. It’s also in many countries where the ITS is not. So will every region have a couple by the EOY? Probably. But it won’t be as many as the ITS has sitting. I also see the ADM’s on CTR’s drop to $5-7k soon because of the ITS.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Do we know for certain about production volumes, or when they’ll stop making them?
Jon Rivers said they’ll make as many as they could until EOL. So it’s a normal production with normal numbers. I’d say just as many as the other type s models if not a little more.

OP
OP
SolarTrans

SolarTrans

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
LCM+Red ITS
Jon Rivers said they’ll make as many as they could until EOL. So it’s a normal production with normal numbers. I’d say just as many as the other type s models if not a little more.
Probably saw the crazy values CTRs keep bringing, even used, in the USA and figured they’d try to capitalize on it as much as possible via a non-limited one.

Happy about it because honestly they’re adding many small features I’m used to as a BMW owner that would make me less inclined to daily a CTR. Plus, that will make CTRs cheaper too, I agree with your take. They’ll have a hard cap at $50k ish soon imo

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
But there's barely any being shipped out. I feel like ITS will get regular deliveries to dealers, meanwhile with the FL5, dealers get a few hundred every several months with no regularity. That just makes the feeling of scarcity worse.