• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra quirks

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
About the parking sensor beep, you can mute the sound by pressing the right scroll wheel in the MT.
Yes but it’s temporary. If a new sensor picks something up it’ll beep again. Also he mentioned that if something else pops up like low fuel, he can’t access the mute option. I’ll admit that would be annoying if I had the manual.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Yes but it’s temporary. If a new sensor picks something up it’ll beep again. Also he mentioned that if something else pops up like low fuel, he can’t access the mute option. I’ll admit that would be annoying if I had the manual.
You shouldn't be rolling around on low fuel anyway.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I'm not proud of this, but I went back and watched this video again. This time I forced myself to watch just about all of it - didn't make it through his conclusions, but got through all his complaints. In my defense, I had a hip replaced on Monday, so other than banging away at a keyboard, there's little else I can do.

If you include his mention of the missing rear vents, his list was 7 items. Only one of those 7 was something that didn't actually work properly - the navigation and displays of turn-by-turn and song information. I don't know when he got his car, but I got mine 10/8, and have not seen that issue, so maybe it has been fixed. The others appear to be either not understanding how his car works, or being an idiot, or both.

1. Rearview camera. I don't have the "decade" of experience he says he has designing infotainment systems, but unlike him, I was able to quickly figure out that the yellow lines that don't move with the steering wheel are the fixed ones and the orange lines that do are the dynamic. I also realize that since they gave you the option of turning them off one at a time, turning one off won't turn them both off.

2. Lights. I would like to be able to defeat the automatic function of the lights, but I'll live with them as is, because I have no plans of "commencing a drive-by, or sneaking away from some teenage girl's house without her dad knowing I was there. I do know I can drive all day and all night without my headlights by moving the switch to the first stop and just using the parking lights.

3. Hatch. It appears that his entire gripe is that the hatch is not powered. It isn't. You knew that when you bought the car, so your feelings shouldn't be hurt when you get "flexed" by an SUV that has a powered lift gate.

4. Windshield wipers. There is so much wrong with this one that I don't even know where to start. Waiting for him to bitch that his driver's side wiper chipped the paint on the edge of his hood, because he doesn't know how to properly put them into the maintenance position. Of course, it will be the car's fault, not his.

5. Navigation. Mentioned above

6. Parking sensors. That he mentions he doesn't understand why setting the parking brake mutes the beep should tell you all you need to know about this guy and shouldn't have taken you until this point of the video to figure him out. He also said that he doesn't like to set the parking brake on his manual transmission car. I guess maybe that's part of his strategy to help him sneak away from some shorty's house a little quicker?

I've only had my low fuel light turn on once. I don't remember if it beeped, or just gave a warning on the dash along with the little gas pump light coming on. I got gas on that drive, so I don't know exactly what happens if I park it with low fuel then restart. If it works like my previous car, it will remind me fuel is low the next time I start it. Seems logical to me.

There you have it. If you got this far there might be something wrong with you.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
And the nav issue is his phone right?
As much as I would like to say yes, because he has an iPhone, I don't think so. I seem to remember other reports of the small display inside the tach either freezing, or not being in synch with the main infotainment display and the album art either not loading correctly, or not updating properly.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
I have the Integra now and so far I haven't had an issue with the music infotainment display.
I had to factory reset mine (again) today to reconnect my phone that worked fine yesterday...