• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
thank god i found this tread. This is the second time i'm getting a:

(on an ITS)
check engine
rev match disabled
cruise control disabled
braking system disabled

first time, they said that i was revving the car too much in higher gears. doesn't make any sense since i dropped the car off with 6840 miles. got it back almost 3 weeks later.

now today miles being 7082, same codes appeared and i really dont like going to the dealer but if I have to go, I'll go back; unless I can somehow find that piece to remove it and having to save myself a headache.

I did too loose my pops and burbles in sport+. pretty bummed about that

also does anyone else ITS does not start when button is pressed? I have to hold it for about 6 seconds and then it wants to start up...
This is the first time I've heard about the car also having issues starting when this problem comes up. Based on what I've heard from the dealership, they're saying that Acura will have a software fix for this issue this month.

Otherwise, in the meantime: Protocol is to reset the codes and not replace any parts according to what I've read online and heard from my dealer.

Your dealership may ask to hold on to your car if they think the issue may be a safety concern. I haven't seen anyone report anything that would indicate it's a significant one since the car seems to only go into limp mode but again, this symptom of the car not starting or taking a while to start is relatively new (at least as far as I'm aware). Your mileage may vary, so I'd recommend seeing what your dealer has to say.

Every report of this issue I've seen indicates that the car drives fine once the codes are reset and the issue may come up again and the car may go into limp mode. It's still drivable though as I assume if the car shouldn't be driven, then the failsafes designed by Acura would prevent the car from being driven. I'd recommend having your dealer look at it each time the codes come up and consulting with them on what to do.

I had all of the above issues and then mine refused to start. Dealer said the battery was defective. Swapped the battery and everything has been fine since (around 2K miles after the battery replacement).
My guess is the codes were somehow reset when the battery was replaced. Hopefully the issue doesn't come up again before the fix is ready!

As someone else around these forums recommended: Consider reporting the issue to Acura client relations if this issue comes up more than once.

If anyone believes this issue could be a significant safety/drivability problem, then an NHTSA complaint could be an option too.

Last edited:

waxman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bike
Over the weekend, had the following codes appear after some "spirited" driving:
Check engine
Rev match disabled
Cruise control disabled
Braking system disabled

This is the second time that I've had this issue. The first time the dealer reset the codes and sent me on my way. This time I got some more details.

The car was throwing code P0344 (camshaft position sensor A). The log showed that I was driving 69 MPH with 19psi of turbo when the sensor was tripped.

What i find interesting is that the CEL appeared while I was cruising along on the freeway (several minutes after my "spirited" driving).

The technician suggested that I was pushing the car too hard, but I feel that my driving was far below the car's capability (well below redline) and much less than one would do on a track.

The technician drove the car and re-set the codes. He said that he could not replace the sensor as it was working properly. The car is driving fine now.

Acura of North Austin has been great. Their techs are extremely professional and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I feel it is just a matter of time until I see them again for this issue.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i haven't had this come back for me (yet lol) but i just got a call from the PPF shop that did my car; they have a 2024 CTR in it, and the owner came to pick it up and this happened to them when they started the car, so the owner of the shop and car called me together to ask me about it, so i gave them as much information as i could about it. again, i put my finger in the gas neck and jiggled the flaps and that made the system-disabled messages go away but it didn't make the CEL go away and my pop & burbles in sport+ mode were gone until i cleared it with a code reader thing

Last edited:

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update on my end: My car got the software update today. Not sure if it's only for the Type S or if it can be applied to all Integras though.

Invoice references service bulletin 22-100 and notes, "PERFORMED CMP SENSOR LEARN AND IN VTC LEARNING VALUE CLEAR TO CORRECT. TEST DROVE VEHICLE AFTER REPAIR, ALL OKAY."

I appreciate the dealership and the service advisor I worked with, and all they did to help with my frustrations about this issue. Glad to have this fixed!

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
i"m pretty sure this is the same repairs I got to mine. Heck even today my cracks and burples came back in sport+ mode

deepspace20

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2002 Porsche Boxster
Brand. New. Car.

Went to dealer yesterday to finally pick up my black 2024 Type S that I ordered last July. After getting all the paperwork done and forking over a bunch of money, got in the car to go over the bells and whistles and look what I saw-the dreaded emissions system problem message. It also said something about rev matching initially and we took it for a short drive and it felt okay, but this message never went away.

They sent me home with a loaner car. What an incredible disappointment.

IMG_8526.jpg

jopapiiii

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
That’s actually disappointing on some high level coming that it’s an Acura. How come you just got your car since you ordered it back in July? The rev matching you can totally feel that it’s gone, at least from mine experience. My fix was a sensor and topped of with coolant

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
disappointment is a huge understatement. it seems that even honda has been slipping in quality despite price gouging us for these cars.

i was on the fence about getting a BMW and the reason i picked this car was because it's "special" being built on the CTR platform but i don't see myself buying a honda ever again

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Brand. New. Car.

Went to dealer yesterday to finally pick up my black 2024 Type S that I ordered last July. After getting all the paperwork done and forking over a bunch of money, got in the car to go over the bells and whistles and look what I saw-the dreaded emissions system problem message. It also said something about rev matching initially and we took it for a short drive and it felt okay, but this message never went away.

IMG_8526.jpg
This should just need the software fix I mentioned I got a few posts back. If so, it'll be a simple fix and hopefully a permanent one!

Though at this point I'm wondering why the update wasn't applied prior to delivery... maybe because it's not a full recall but only a TSB?

I'd be concerned if they did apply the update and you still got this error...

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
This should just need the software fix I mentioned I got a few posts back. If so, it'll be a simple fix and hopefully a permanent one!

Though at this point I'm wondering why the update wasn't applied prior to delivery... maybe because it's not a full recall but only a TSB?

I'd be concerned if they did apply the update and you still got this error...
ive been checking my software update regularly and ive never gotten a notification that there was an update available (i got my car in october).

is there a way to check the software version?

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ive been checking my software update regularly and ive never gotten a notification that there was an update available (i got my car in october).

is there a way to check the software version?
This was an update to the ECU that the dealer had to perform, not one that can be done via the infotainment menus. I'd check with your dealer.

deepspace20

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2002 Porsche Boxster
Brand. New. Car.

IMG_8526.jpg

4/3/2024
Update on this situation - STILL WAITING, dealer told me a week ago that they are waiting for a "fuel sending unit" from Acura to fix the problem and they have another brand new Type S at their dealership waiting for the same part.

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dang, I guess it isn’t always a software issue then… sorry to hear that this is happening to you.

I still wonder though if the software fix maybe isn’t well known yet or something but I’d assume your dealer would have learned about it as they troubleshooted the issue.